Chapter 20

No More Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No More Dreams

Chapter 20

 

Jiyeon immediately called her mother. That message gave her chills.

"Mom! What's with that message!" She asked as soon as her mother picked up the phone.

"You're happy, aren't you? I will get you when it's time. Don't worry it all will end soon." Her mother's tone was cheerful it made things even worse for Jiyeon.

"Mom. I'm happy here now. I made friends and I like it here." Jiyeon spoke quietly. Hot tears were running down her cheeks. However, her mother didn't want to believe her own daughter's words.

"I'm sure it's not happiness, dear. But I will make sure you experience real happiness. I'll call you when I'm coming."

"Mom, I have work and school. What can I do about them?" Jiyeon was desperate to stay here. How could she leave Hyun Soo and the others? She didn't want to.

"They already know. I got the work saying you'd leave soon anyways." Her mother answered easily. She had everything planned from the beginning to end and that hurt Jiyeon. She realised she had no say in her mother's choices about her own life.

"Mom. I don't want to leave." Jiyeon begged, losing her energy with every word and cry.

"Baby, I already know what's the best for you. See you soon." And with that, her mother hung up on the phone.

Then the answer came to Jiyeon. Do Il knew Hyun Soo was going to get hurt because of her when she leaves. All he wanted to do was to protect his best friend. In the end, Jiyeon saw herself like the bad character of a book or a movie who leaves only pain and scars to others. She didn't want to play such a role in anybody's life. 

 

--/---

 

Hyun Soo opened his eyes when he suddenly felt water hitting his face. He got up and shook his head. He saw Jiyeon in front of him. Her hair was down, hiding most her face which however he could see that was all red - obviously from crying.

Hyun Soo made some steps towards her, wishing he could wrap his hands around her, but somehow he could reach up to her. 

"Help me take him to the couch." She whispered almost voiceless to him. She meant Do Il. At first, Hyun Soo seemed to doubt whether he should do it or not but did it. Later on, he watched as Jiyeon cleaned his cuts and took care of him. He couldn't believe his own eyes that he did that to his own friend. Was he a monster? His anger had already disappeared as if it was never there.

Jiyeon was done taking care of Do Il as much as she could do. She made some tea for Hyun Soo and handed it to him. He didn't have the courage to look at her. He slowly drank his tea, never letting go of the hot cup as if he was holding onto Jiyeon. He realised he was crying when he saw a few teardrops on his hands.

"Don't cry." Jiyeon whispered to him, without even looking at him. It was both because she was feeling guilty about leaving him and because she was hurt and mad that he beat up his own best friend like some gangster.

 Hearing her voice, so hurt and sad, Hyun Soo realised how pain he had caused her. She didn't even look at him anymore. Were they over? Hyun Soo tried to stop his tears but he failed anyways. He drank the tea then put it on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter