Chapter 16

No More Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No More Dreams

Chapter 16

 

 

As Ji Hyuk and Hyun Soo talked, ByungHee went out in front of Jiyeon's house. Unlike his usual hyperactive and crazy self, he was calmer now and concerned about her too. He gently knocked on her door and waited a moment until she opened the door.

She faced him calmly. Her eyes were red and puffy, obviously from crying. She looked at him without saying a word.

"I know you must be feeling awful." ByungHee started off. Jiyeon almost laughed at how obvious it was. "But you've got us - your friends- and if it's not enough Hyun Soo is here. He really wants to talk to you."

Jiyeon knew he was sincerely saying all his words. She wanted to smile, to talk she needs them by her side, but she just couldn't speak. So she just nodded.

"It must be really hard. I am sure you gave your all." He said, but still, those words didn't make her wounds heal. "I'm just going to call Hyun Soo over here so you talk to him. I actually came here to say it."

Jiyeon's lips formed a small almost unnoticeable smile.

"At least even if you don't talk, you will smile just by looking at him." ByungHee gave her a wink and walked out.

Jiyeon got inside but this time she didn't lock the door. Hyun Soo was coming. Honestly, at first ByungHee seemed like a creepy crazy guy but actually, he was like a kid. He was thinking about his friends. She really liked having him as a friend. He wasn't afraid of approaching her so soon. He was real.

Hyun Soo appeared in front of her in a moment. He was breathing heavily as if he had run miles. But he definitely didn't walk slowly to her house. 

Hyun Soo looked at Jiyeon. His heart fell when he saw her eyes. It reminded him of the first time they met and made eye contact - her eyes were teary back then too. In front of him stood a girl who looked helpless, broken - he couldn't believe it was the same girl who was smiling like a 5-year-old kid when they were together.

He slowly sat down next to her. He looked at her, she was slightly pouting and looking down. He closed the gap between them. Their shoulders touched slightly. Jiyeon still didn't make eye contact with him.

"I won't ask you if you're okay. I know you feel horrible." He murmured. He felt Jiyeon slightly move next to him.

"I don't know any words that can make you feel better." He continued talking softly.

To be honest, Jiyeon didn't need words to comfort her. Right now they didn't have that power. But just Hyun Soo's presence and his voice somehow made her feel calm and more comfortable. 

"Just you need to know one thing. I'll be standing beside you whenever you need me to. You don't even need to ask me." He put her hand in between his hands and squeezed it gently.

Jiyeon looked up at him and smiled slightly with teary eyes. ByungHee was right after all. Hyun Soo could make her smile with just looking at him. Hyun Soo smiled back at her. Jiyeon moved swiftly and put her head on his lap and lied down. He slowly her hair and slowly Jiyeon fell asleep.

Hyun Soo couldn't keep his eyes from her. He couldn't see her face fully and he didn't move to not wake her up. After a while his body already was numb, but he didn't mind it. Seeing her sleeping soundless like a baby, being comfortable, being next to him. It was enough. Soon, he himself fell asleep without moving a bit.

 

--/---

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter