Prince in Shadow | Marriage

(BxB) Fiction : The Two Romance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Junhyung woke up that day with a heavy feeling. Today is the last day of his lesson and tomorrow is his big day. Yup, his marriage is tomorrow and he will get ready straight from here for the wedding. A knock heard from outside. "Junhyung nim, are you awake? It's breakfast time." Junhyung heard Taewoon's voice. Junhyung took a breath.

"Yes. I'm coming." He lazily got down the bed and did his morning routine. Some minutes, he walked out the door, greeted by Taewoon. Junhyung just smiled slightly and walked first. Taewoon blinked in surprise and followed after Junhyung. He knew something is wrong with the guy. Junhyung entered the kitchen and straightly sat on the chair. Eunkyo who was serving the breakfast took by surprise to see the silence Junhyung. She turned to Taewoon, Taewoon shrugged. Junhyung ate silently when Eunkyo finished serving.

"Good morning, Junhyung nim. Are you happy your training will be ended today?" Taeha came into the kitchen with his usual chirpy voice. Junhyung turned and gave a short smile without answering like usual. Taeha's face changed and looked at the other two. They shook their head as an answer. Junhyung just ate silently, Taeha took the seat and ate with Junhyung like usual. His eyes never left Junhyung, tried to figure out what's wrong with their master.

Junhyung finished his breakfast and asked Taewoon to straight away started the lesson. Taewoon felt a bit surprise but compiled anyway. He followed after Junhyung who went up to the study room. Taeha turned to Eunkyo. "Noona, what happened? He looks fine yesterday." Eunkyo shook her head. Taeha hit his fingers on the table, thinking.

"There must be a reason tho. But he didn't tell me anything...so, I can't guess." Taeha said. Eunkyo took a breath.

"You should ask him during the self-defense lesson. Your lesson is the last one, the very last one." Taeha nodded and finished up his food. He helped Eunkyo to clean up the dishes and kitchen as well. Taeha was still thinking about Junhyung. Eunkyo was worried as well but Taeha is more closer with Junhyung.

"That's the last one for the lesson, Junhyung nim. By an hour before lunch, I would like to make a short test  for summing up the whole lesson..." Junhyung just nodded. Taewoon excused himself to let Junhyung study alone. Taewoon walked down the stairs and noticed his two friends were sitting on the couch. He quickly joined them.

"So, Taeha ah, can you figure out what's wrong?" Taeha shook his head.

"I'm thinking to ask him during the last lesson this afternoon, hyung." Taewoon nodded. Eunkyo looked at both of them.

"What if Junhyung nim wasn't happy about this marriage?" The two guys turned to Eunkyo with a widened eye.

"Eunkyo, you shouldn't said that." Taewoon said. Eunkyo shrugged. Taeha looked at them.

"It maybe true..." Taewoon flashed a glare at the youngest. Taeha gulped. "Well, I'm close with him. I see his eyes changed whenever we mentioned about the marriage...and who knows? It's an arranged marriage." Taeha reasoned. Taewoon sighed and looked at the two.

"Don't make a conclusion like that. As for now, our job is to train, guard and send him safely for the tomorrow." Taewoon said. The two nodded. Taewoon looked at Eunkyo. "The suit is done?" Eunkyo nodded. "Taeha, try to talk with him on your last lesson. If your conclusion is true, we need to take care of it nicely because it's our job to send him away perfectly tomorrow." Taeha nodded. The short meeting ended like that as Taewoon went to the study room again for preparing the short test.

 

 

Taeha took a glance at Junhyung. As the last lesson, they're sharpening Junhyung's skill with swords. They're not practicing with the real one, but a wooden one. Taeha noticed Junhyung's stance is lifeless and unbalanced. "Stop, Junhyung nim." Junhyung startled and looked at Taeha. Taeha sighed. "If you're distracted like this, I can't call this lesson as the last." Taeha warned. Junhyung bit his lips.

"I'm sorry." Taeha motioned him to sit. Junhyung followed and sat down on the grass. Taeha came closer and sat in front of the younger. "I'm sorry again, Taeha hyung." Taeha smiled a bit.

"Look, do you want to talk? You're so not yourself since the morning. Do you want to share?" Taeha asked with concern. Junhyung bit his lips and looked down.

"I-I'm fine..."

Taeha shook his head. "You're not, Junhyung nim. But I won't force you if you don't want to say anything." Taeha smiled. "But please, forget it for a while so we can continue the lesson."

"I-I I can't." Junhyung said, sincerely. Taeha looked at him.

"Pardon?"

"To think the marriage is tomorrow, I'm afraid." Junhyung said. Taeha stayed silent, letting Junhyung to pour out his problem. "I don't know if this is the right one to do. I'm unsure...and scared."

"Junhyung nim..."

"It's not that I want to run off...but I..." Junhyung sighed. Taeha placed a hand on Junhyung's shoulder.

"I understand your fear. Of course you will feel it that way, but believe me, Junhyung nim, you will be fine. The Prince...no I mean, Your Majesty will treat you well. And if you're worry about the citizen, don't. Because they're taking the marriage positively and waiting to get know you tomorrow." Junhyung looked at Taeha.

"But what if I disappoint them?"

"No, you won't. Believe in yourself." Junhyung looked at him.

"Will he like me? I'm a nothing...and..." Junhyung remembered one thing. He still didn't meet his fiancee, and he still had something important to tell the other. "I want to meet him...there's something I need to tell him." Taeha looked at Junhyung. He blinked.

"But...Your Majesty is prohibited to meet you until tomorrow. If there's something to tell him, you can tell me. I will go and let him know your message." Junhyung bit his lips.

"No...I can't. I need to let him know, personally." Taeha bit his lips. He looked at Junhyung who looked desperate. Taeha asked Junhyung to wait there while he called up the other two. Taeha asked Eunkyo to guard Junhyung while he talked to Taewoon when the two arrived there. Taeha looked at Taewoon.

"What's wrong, Taeha?" Taewoon asked as they stood a bit far from Junhyung.

"Junhyung nim, he just scared about the tomorrow...and he asked to meet Your Majesty." Taewoon widened his eyes.

"But he can't know who is..."

"Yes, I know hyung. But he desperately had something to tell Your Majesty, and it's personal. He refused to let me become the messenger, tho." Taewoon took a breath. He was thinking. He walked to Junhyung, followed by Taeha.

"Junhyung nim." Junhyung looked up to Taewoon. Taewoon got on his one knee in front of Junhyung. "Your Majesty can't come here...can't you let one of us become the messenger instead?" Junhyung shook his head. Taewoon tried to find a solution. "You surely can't meet Your Majesty until tomorrow, Junhyung nim. How about we call up the royal assistant?" Junhyung looked at him.

"Who's he?" Junhyung said as something flickered in his mind.

"Lee hyungnim." Junhyung wrinkled.

"Hyunseung said he is the royal assistant after the King's coronation, that's why he had a training?" Taewoon blinked. He looked at Taeha. Taeha coughed quickly. Junhyung turned to Taeha. "What's wrong, hyung?"

"Um, sorry. My throat dry. Um, yeah. You're true, Junhyung nim. Hyunseung ssi is the royal assistant." Taewoon looked at Taeha. Taeha just sent a 'play along' gesture. Junhyung smiled.

"Um...I...want Hyunseung to come." Junhyung said. Taeha smiled and nodded. Taewoon told he will inform Hyunseung to come tonight and retreated. Eunkyo followed when Junhyung wanted to start the lesson. Taeha evaluated Junhyung and the lesson continued until the dusk.

 

 

That night, Hyunseung arrived at the house with a guard and the driver. He didn't bring his assistant, carefully not making Junhyung suspicious. Taeha, Taewoon and Eunkyo greeted Hyunseung silently, and informed Hyunseung that Junhyung was waiting at the pond in the back yard. Hyunseung nodded. They all let the two had a privacy but they still aware for safety.

Junhyung bit his lips. The wind that night blew, he recognized the familiar scent. He missed that a lot, but knowing he shouldn't, his heart clenched. "Junnie." That voice, he felt weak again. Junhyung turned. Hyunseung was walking closer to the bench he was sitting. Junhyung smiled, not to make Hyunseung noticed anything inside him. Hyunseung sat down beside Junhyung. "How are you?"

"Fine, nothing's change. And you? Is your duty hard?" Hyunseung shook his head.

"I'm used to it. So, what's it?" Junhyung turned to Hyunseung. Junhyung took a breath.

"Hyunseung, you know..about me..my past..." Hyunseung stayed silent for a while, trying to figure out what's the meaning. Junhyung bit his lips. "About my trauma..." Hyunseung looked at Junhyung. Junhyung told Hyunseung about his past before, with that Hyunseung helped him to get through it. Hyunseung smiled a bit.

"What's wrong, Jun?"

"I'm.... I'm afraid if..." Hyunseung placed a hand on Junhyung's hand. Junhyung looked up to him.

"Nothing to be afraid of. That was not your fault so, it will be fine."

"I'm dirty, Hyunseung. Will he disgust me when he knows this? I...I'm afraid." Junhyung looked down, his tears fell. Hyunseung took a breath. He touched Junhyung's cheek.

"Shh, don't cry. He will not, I know. You sho

Please log in to read the full chapter