Prince in Shadow | Plan...succeed?

(BxB) Fiction : The Two Romance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Assistant Lee opened the door. Hyunseung stepped out from the car, followed by Junhyung. Hyunseung narrowed his eyes, sensing something weird with the palace. Junhyung also looked around.

“I don’t think the palace is quiet like this?” Junhyung said. Hyunseung motioned his assistant to go and check while he kept Junhyung protected behind him. Junhyung just clutched Hyunseung’s shirt. They stepped in silent motion into the palace.

“We should go to the King’s room.” Hyunseung said in low voice. Assistant Lee nodded and led the way. He noticed the guard was lying unconscious some steps in front of them. He walked up and checked the condition.

“They’re still breathing, in sleeping state.” The assistant said. Hyunseung looked around.

“I think they launched the sleeping gas.” Hyunseung said, remembering the technique Doojoon used to help them escape. They walked quick but soundless. Junhyung felt scared a bit but thanks to Hyunseung, he was able to keep himself calm. Hyunseung and the assistant kept aware with surrounding until they reached the King’s room. They looked at each other before nodded.

Assistant Lee kicked the door opened. The sight before them made Hyunseung stunned while Junhyung almost screamed. Assistant Lee clenched his fist.

The King was hung on the bed pole, the mouth opened and the stomach was bleeding due to a shot. The guards were bleeding, shot by the attacker. Hyunseung who just recovered from shock gave an order to his assistant to check on the King. He assured Junhyung not to be scared while he approached the nearest body on the floor.

“King…is dead.” The assistant said sadly. Hyunseung took a breath and clenched his fist.

“That rotten man…” Hyunseung bit his lips. The guards were also already dead. “We’re late.” Hyunseung closed his eyes, tried to content his anger. Junhyung who stood behind him didn’t know what to do. He placed a hand on Hyunseung’s shoulder.

“Hyunseung…” Junhyung called. Hyunseung placed his hand on Junhyung’s with his eyes still closed. The assistant brought down the King and laid the dead body on the bed. Hyunseung’s ears perked up when he heard noises in a corner of the room. Hyunseung opened his eyes and looked around. Junhyung was confused with the sudden movement.

“Hyun…”

“Shh…” Hyunseung signaled him to stay silent. Hyunseung turned to the closet and walked to it. Junhyung stayed put at his spot. Hyunseung opened the closet.

“Head maid…” Hyunseung said when he saw the lady in the closet. She was standing, her whole body trembled with her hands cupped her ears. She opened her eyes when heard Hyunseung’s voice so closed to her.

“Your Majesty, Your Highness…I saw…Prince Yongchan…” Hyunseung clenched his fist. He helped the lady to walk out the closet.

“Calm down, head maid. Tell me what happened.” Hyunseung said. The maid looked terrified with the mess in the room. She grimaced, flinched and trembled more to see the King on the bed. Hyunseung placed his hands on her shoulder. “Relax. I need your help, tell me what happened.” Hyunseung said softly. The lady looked up to Hyunseung.

 

The lady was serving the dinner for the King in the room. As the King was feeling unwell today, he was taking his meal in the room the whole day. There were two guards in the room and two were outside the door. The King assistant also present in the room.

As the King was eating, some noises heard outside. The King and the assistant looked at each other while the lady looked scared.

“What happen?” The King asked. The assistant shook his head. At that time the door opened and closed in quick speed. The two guards outside stuck themselves to the door.

“Your Majesty, there’s an intruder and I believe an attacker. We heard guns outside. Royal assistant please led the King to escape.” One of the guards said. The King looked at his assistant. His assistant just looked back, knowing the King won’t escape by the simple look in the eyes. The assistant moved to the lady.

“Head maid, please hide in the closet now. Guards, keep aware of the attack and ready to fight.”

“Royal assistant, the King…”

“I don’t want to go anyway from my palace.” The King said. The guards just nodded. The assistant quickly made sure the lady was safe in the closet. The door banged from outside. The King looked calm while the guards were on their defend stance. The door broke by the intruder. The assistant stood in front of the King, protecting as the four guards didn’t have gun right then.

Two men with guns stood before their eyes and in a blink of eyes, the four guards taken down by the shot right on their heart. Instant death. The assistant took a breath before put up his gun.

“Shouldn’t put on a show, Mr.” A voice heard and another man stepped into the room. The King knew exactly the person while the assistant pulled the trigger. He shot one of the man quickly as he was about to shoot. Another two loud bangs heard.

The King exhaled heavily when his assistant fell on one of his knees. The another man also fell down, got sh

Please log in to read the full chapter