Caffeine | A break

(BxB) Fiction : The Two Romance
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kikwang started his job search again that one evening. He stopped his operation on apologizing to Yoseob after Hyunseung's advice few days ago as Yoseob still didn't say a thing to him. Kikwang entered a restaurant, trying his luck. But they refused him, Kikwang left the restaurant and went to the next shop, a bookstore.

"Do you have any part time job available, sir?" Kikwang asked. The cashier called up the manager. A customer checked on Kikwang. Kikwang waited when mid-30 man came to him.

"May I help you?"

"I'm searching for a part time job." The man gave a sad smile.

"I'm sorry young boy, we're hired a guy already yesterday." Kikwang's face dropped and he bowed politely. He walked to the entrance and left the bookstore. He sighed outside. Kikwang walked lifelessly to the right. That bookstore is the last store he can ask for job.

"Hey, young boy." A man's voice heard. Kikwang didn't notice as he thought that man was calling someone else. A fast and firm step heard behind him and someone touched Kikwang's shoulder. Kikwang turned. He blinked and noticed that guy is the customer in that bookstore.

"Yes, may I help you sir?" Kikwang asked. The man stared at Kikwang's face for a while.

"Do you need a job?" Kikwang looked at the man, trying to figure out the intention. The man smiled. "Let's talk at the nearby cafe, we talk while having some drinks." The man said. Kikwang blinked, confused. The man just smiled and put his arm around Kikwang's shoulder, dragging him to a cafe nearby. Kikwang just followed as he can't refuse.

They settled at the table and the man ordered iced lemon tea for himself. He told Kikwang to order and Kikwang just asked for orange juice. The man smiled to Kikwang after the waiter left. Kikwang looked around, feeling unsafe.

"Don't worry, I'm not a bad person, boy." Kikwang turned to him. The man smiled softly to him. "I'm sure I'm not mistaken. You're LeeKi, right? The amazing dancer few years back." Kikwang stiffened when the man said that. He just stared at the man. The man chuckled.

"Why you look surprise?" Kikwang blinked.

"How do you know me, sir?" The man smiled. He took his business card and placed it on the table, giving it to Kikwang. Kikwang blinked and took it. He read the name. "Oh."

"Does that name ring a bell to you?" Kikwang looked up to the man. His eyes widened a bit and nodded. The man smiled. "So, of course I know you, LeeKi. Because I'm one of the judges on most of the competition your team joined." Kikwang nodded.

"Yeah, I remember. I'm sorry for not recognizing you, sir." The man shook his head.

"It's fine. Now, I saw you're searching job. Is that why you stayed low for these years and never join any competition anymore?" Kikwang looked down. The man smiled. The conversation was off for a while when the waiter came with their drinks. The man thanked the waiter and looked at Kikwang again. "You can tell me, LeeKi. You must know that you're my favourite dance among your team and I'm quite looking you around when you stopped joining competitions, your team also separated."

Kikwang looked up to the man. He gave an assure smile for Kikwang to tell him. Kikwang took a breath. "My father passed away few years ago and I became the breadwinner of my family. I don't have time to go on dancing and practically end my career as LeeKi." Kikwang smiled a bit. "If those years can be categorize as career."

The man looked at Kikwang. "So now, you needed job?" Kikwang nodded.

"I was fired few months ago and still can't find a job. My younger brother currently worked for the support but it's not really enough, in my view. And I feel bad also for making my dongseng work." Kikwang added. The man nodded.

"I can give a job to you." Kikwang looked up to the man. "But you need to survive for some months before you can get a huge money. I believe you can make it big as I really like you and you have so many fans back then." Kikwang wrinkled.

"What job?"

"Idol." Kikwang widened his eyes.

"But..."

"I'm now training some people under my agency. I collaborate with the quite well-known company, Cube Ent. So, if you believe in me and go on some months training, I will let you debut as an idol. You will get the fame as you're talented dancer." Kikwang bit his lips.

"But I just know dancing..."

"That's why you need to have the training, I will make you focus on singing during the time. Don't worry, you will get some money on the end of month. It's small for the starting but it will increase by time and yeah, if you're famous soon, your hardwork will be paid off." The man said. Kikwang took a breath. His eyes stayed on the card. The man smiled.

"I won't force you to agree right now. You can call me anytime when you're decided." The man said. Kikwang sipped his juice while thinking. The man just smiled to Kikwang. Kikwang had a thought for a while. He asked for some days to think. The man just nodded. Kikwang excused himself and left the cafe. The man just smiled.

Kikwang went to the restaurant, Hyekwang's workplace. He entered the restaurant. Hyemi greeted Kikwang. "Yo, Kwangie. Where are you from?" Hyemi said. Kikwang flashed a smile and mouthed school. Hyekwang appeared and greeted his brother.

"How is it?" Kikwang shook his head. Hyekwang patted his back and motioned Kikwang to sit. "I will serve you jjambongbap. Wait a minute." Hyekwang said and moved to the counter. Kikwang didn't have time to stop him. His brother came with a tray few minutes later. He sat in front of Kikwang.

"Don't you have work?"

"It's not so many people right now, don't worry. So, what's the plan now?" Hyekwang asked. Kikwang shrugged. Hyekwang just looked at his brother. Kikwang chewed a spoonful of rice and looked up to Hyekwang.

"But I got some offer." Hyekwang paid attention to his brother. "There's a man I met just now. He's one of the judges for most of the competition my team joined and he recognizes me. He offered

Please log in to read the full chapter