It's not for me..

We fell in love in little words and steps

 

Gikwang’s POV

On the way home, there was only her on my mind. Arriving home, it was still the only thing in my head. Locking my door, it was still all I thought about. I flipped up my phone, almost forgetting how I left her…I scrolled through the text messages, desperately wanting to call her, text her. ‘I’m sorry Miu. I was being an idiot, please forgive me’ I recited as I pressed the little keys on my phone, when I soon erased everything I wrote. ‘No…’I muttered. ‘That’s not good enough…’ I typed in something else ‘Can you meet me at the café?’ I erased that too. She’s probably not allowed out…or ‘Wait a second’ I muttered to myself. Maybe she’s…at Doojoon’s house…I heard he lives with his kingka friends…She’s not safe there. I clenched my fists just thinking about it…

I wish I could talk to you Miu. It’s barely been a day, I miss you.

Doojoon’s POV

‘Miu’ I called, knocking on the door. I had to do that otherwise I might walk in while she’s changing…and that would be pretty cool but she’d hate me forever. ‘Mwo’ she says through the thick wall, her voice was still loud. ‘Can I come in?’ I said opening the door slowly. She nods unwillingly. I sit next to her while she’s just staring at…a blank wall. ‘What are you doing?’ I asked putting my hands over my knees. It was nice, that things weren’t so awkward like before, and that she wasn’t rude to me anymore. ‘None of your business’ she replies smugly. Well, not AS rude anymore. ‘I’m thinking’ she says shortly after. ‘It’s easier to think when you stare at a blank wall…did you know that?’ she says softly. Her voice was so pure and smooth, I wanted to hear her speak more. I couldn’t put it into words, how much I appreciated that she gave me a chance to be…not so much of an anymore. I loved that she was talking to me, communicating instead of arguing all the time.

‘No I didn’t’ I say looking down with a smile. ‘So…who are you thinking about?’ I say curiously although…I think I know the answer. ‘Don’t you mean what I’m thinking about?’ She says not taking her eyes off the wall. ‘No’ I say shortly. She snaps her head at me. ‘You…are you a mind reader?’ she says, I can’t tell she’s forcing the smile to disappear. ‘It’s obvious you’re thinking about him’ I said with such disgust, but only in my mind, not in person. ‘Mind reader’ she says with a light ‘tsk’ I look in the opposite direction and there’s a long silence. She never wants to talk about the problem. ‘So…what are you going to do?’ I ask clearly pointing out that she wouldn’t let me interfere. Otherwise I’d have said, what are WE going to do. But…there’s no we in Miu. ‘Well…’she pauses. She’s confused, and I’m surprised she didn’t even snap at me after I asked her. ‘I have a feeling an apology won’t be enough…’ she looks down and for a moment I thought I heard her voice break, like she was about to cry. I felt so guilty and sad, like it was all my fault…because in a way, it kind of was. But I knew I couldn’t do anything, I had to pretend I didn’t notice.

‘I just…don’t want to lose him’ she says with a short smile, and uncomfortable one headed towards the wall…not to me. She quickly wipes her face and the tears are gone, she’s in robot mode again. ‘You won’t’ I say reluctantly. Lately I’m thinking about others, and a little less about me. I was never THAT much of an , but I don’t really want her with Gikwang. ‘You like him that much, huh…’ I say rubbing my neck, looking at the floor. She nods and I felt like there was a tiny crack in my heart. I’m so happy when Miu’s around, she has this vibe that just makes me smile, it lightens up the room and it can make anyone joyful again. But it wasn’t for me…it was for Gikwang. Maybe I don’t deserve Miu, after all, she’s probably better off with someone who will treat her well instead of messing in class and getting into gang fights all the time. It didn’t mean I wanted I liked Gikwang, I still want him to piss off. But if I’m gonna stick to being a good friend to Miu, I’ll have to respect him…starting tomorrow, I’ll apologize. Then he’ll really believe me, and hopefully solve things with Miu.

‘The members and I are gonna have dinner…do you wanna join us?’ I asked slowly. I know it’ll be a little awkward at first, but she’ll grow to like them. Just like I’ll…hopefully grow to like Gikwang. ‘Okay’ she says simply, she gets up and walks out of the room fast. Maybe she’s not so shy, but then again, when ever was she? I’ll be sure to talk to Gikwang tomorrow…