Quiet down, class.

We fell in love in little words and steps

 

Boy’s POV

I was still kind of in shock. After 6 years of sitting at the back of this class, successfully being unnoticed by the population of this school, someone sits on the chair that has been forever deserted. No one has sat next to me before, I used to think, why? I don’t smell, I don’t talk, I’m not distracting. But if you’re not approved by those girls, you’re looked down upon by basically, everyone.  ‘I’ll sit with whom I like’ the girl sitting next to me says quietly. It’s not huge news or anything, but I can’t help that there’s someone here that at least doesn’t mind my prescence.  I can’t even imagine what she’ll have to put up with after confronting the girls that pretty much run the grounds of this school.

Thank you stranger, you’ve made my day.

 

Miu’s POV

‘You will both need a chemistry partner. I have paired you up with the person next to you. No arguing. You are free to talk about your project in the this lesson, but speak quietly’ the teacher announces. Just as I turn, I find the boy with the glasses looking at me neutrally, he has a welcoming but discrete smile on his cheeks, and seeing his face, I realise that he’s quite …friendly looking. ‘What’s your name?’ He asks me, his hand raises up to push his frames up, he looks quite nerdy, maybe that’s why he’s teased, like the other girl. ‘I’m miu’ I say nicely facing him too. I can’t help but smile to my surprise, this boy Is nice, and not weird at all. ‘And you?’ I ask expecting a name back. ‘Oh, I’m Gikwang’

 

Gikwang’s POV

I always dreaded the day we would have a chemistry project, because you need a partner. I thought I’d be moved to a different class but since someone showed up and will gladly be my partner, that’s not a problem anymore. I turn to the girl and see her profile, she has a buttoned nose, with her hair in a pony tail.

She turns and faces me, I notice she has pinky cheeks. ‘What’s your name?’ I speak, not remembering the last time my voice was heard in this room. ‘I’m miu’ she smiles a regular smile and I just look at her for a few seconds, not knowing what to say. How do you have conversations again? ‘and you?’ she says looking at me strangely. ‘Oh, I’m gikwang’ I look away and push my frames up. ‘I think we should do ours on the bohr structure’ Miu says searching through the chapters of her book. I stare at the wall confused…is it rude to look away? ‘Y-you do?’ I ask unsure, she…likes chemistry? Not an airhead like most of the girls here I guess.

‘Yeah, unless you want to do something else’ she says. I get intimidated by how straight forward her answers and gazes are, because I’m so shy. ‘N-no we can do that’ I flip open my booklet. ‘Cool. I’ll do some prep on the covalent bonding, can you do the ionic bonds?’ I just nod and get started.

Miu’s POV

A covalent bond, when two atoms share electrons that orbit around the outer shelves of the element. This is easy, have I put in the stupid class, or what? I look around just once to see, absolutely no one is doing the work when the teacher is just on his ipod. Some ty school I’ve been put in. Too bad, I can get done early and then I won’t have to do this work. I can just sit at home and watch dramas all day. ‘I’m done’ I say setting my pencil down. He looks at me surprised and his glasses fall down a little. ‘already?’ he says, his lips pout a little like a child disappointed, silly to say I think it’s kind of cute. Wait, miu shut up. ‘Yeah, I’ve done this before’ I say trying to sound as less braggy as possible. It’s not my fault everyone in this room is stupid, maybe he’s stupid too. ‘you must be new here’ he says setting his sheet down aswell. I nod and fiddle with my book. ‘Do you like it here?’ He asks me. I shrug and give him an honest answer ‘Nope’ I puff my cheeks up and yawn stretching my arms up. Only a bit more to do of this project, and I can go home and never be social again with these people.