a new day

We fell in love in little words and steps

 

Miu’s POV

It seemed everyday there would be a new trick. Either toilet paper in my bag, gum inside my locker, my drenched Gym clothes. You name it, these kids were willing to do anything. And lately, I just had no energy to do anything back, but they seemed to be picking on Gikwang less, so at least they listened to me, and I became their new target. Oh well, I guess things are better that way, he needs a break.

‘Hey Miu’ his voice speaks, I turn my head knowing I’m not in the best mood. He stands there neutrally  by my locker while I emotionlessly gaze back at him. He looks happy. He’s not smiling but, today I can tell he’s happy. Well you better be Gikwang, because I just set the school OFF you, and onto ME, so you better be happy. I turn my head back to my locker, a gaze is enough to say hello back…right? And I haven’t forgotten about my plan of being even more cold to him, I think my confusion from yesterday has left me…How could I ever even THINK of Gikwang like that?

‘How was the rest of your day?’ He asks me while trying to keep up with my fast walking to the next class. ‘I didn’t go home early’ Like I said I would. I answer back looking straight ahead. ‘Oh, why not?’ he says curiously, still trying to walk beside me. ‘I went to the library instead’ I say suddenly stopping. He stops too and I stare at him for a few seconds. ‘I lied to you. Sorry’ I spit out with an awkward look on my face. WHY DID YOU SAY SORRY? YOURE BEING NICE AGAIN, MIUUu!!!! His face changes a little ‘Oh, that’s okay. The project comes first r-right?’ He nervously asks with a hand on the back of his head, he looks down.

‘No. Friendship comes first. I’m a terrible friend, you should befriend me and never speak to me again. If you do, I understand. goodBye’ I snap out and walk faster. ‘M-Miu wait!’ He says once again, trying to keep up with me. ‘I don’t think that’ he says stuttering and I stop again. I just stare at him ‘I don’t want to befriend you’ he keeps looking down, it starts to annoy me. ‘Not even on facebook?’ I ask when I realise the silly thing. ‘…I don’t have facebook’ he mutters. ‘Neither do I’ I state. Why the did I even say that then? ‘Then why did you-‘ he starts ‘Let’s go to class’ and I speed down the hallway with him trailing behind like a lost puppy.

Jessica’s POV

So I’m back now. Finally, the school must have missed me and word around is that the new girl is getting in everyone’s way. She clearly doesn’t know who she’s messing with up to now, I’ll show her who runs this school. No, not sunyoung, not Ji eun, not Hyo yeon, ME. Jessica Jung.

‘Hey guys, it’s white day tomorrow, guess who won’t be getting any chocolates?’

[ WHITE DAY in korea is like valentine’s day except the tradition is that the girls buy chocolates for the boys]

 Everyone in the class erupts into laughter. That wasn’t even funny, it must be because I’m so beautiful. I smirk and flip my hair giving a filthy look to Gikwang who’s sitting in the corner, looking down as usual. Poor boy, must be used to it now. HA, as If I’d feel sorry for him. It’s his fault for making it so easy to , the school needs a laughing stock doesn’t it? It’s only his problem if he can’t get out of that position. Before mr Kim arrives, the door slides open In a bang. A girl with chocolate hair struts down the class like she’s all that. ‘That’s her’ Hyoyeon glares pointing, not making it very discrete either. She suddenly stops and snaps her head to us, she looks annoyed, negative, she looks like such a . Her eyelashes are long and she wears no makeup, her hair is in a loose ponytail and her uniform is dirty, especially her sleeve. ‘What about me?’ she asks, the room is silent and I cross my arms ‘You clearly d-‘ but that ..cuts me OFF

‘What, I have fans now?’ She smiles sweetly and goes to her seat, she goes sit next to the him? Next to GIKWANG? What the hell? But she’s not even ugly, or a nerd, is she?

 

Gikwang’s POV

‘Miu’ I whisper during class, she snaps her head to me and hisses ‘WHAT’ whispering. She snapps her neck a lot, musn’t it hurt? ‘I finished the project’ I whisper back. The way she gets so annoyed when I talk to her makes me laugh. It’s so…cute. It’s cute that she pretends to be in such pain when she’s with me. But her face changes when I said that ‘Why did you do that?’ she still doesn’t look happy though. ‘Now it’s finished, we don’t have any homework for two weeks’ I say enthusiastically. ‘Great!’ she says smiling with thumbs up in fake excitement. I frown and go back to my work.

‘Miu’

‘what now’

‘do you want to go for ice cream later?’

I wait for her answer. She widens her eyes and looks down, what is making her nervous?

Miu’s POV

I can’t say I need to study, because she project is finished, and I can’t say I need to go home early, because he’ll know that’s a lie.

‘Well…’ I say fiddling with my pencil.

‘I’ll pay’ he smiles. I look at him slowly and it comes back to me. The little feelings. Gikwang is sweet and OH NO STOP WHY ARE YOU THINKING THAT. But he said he’ll pay…

‘Fine’ I say and go back to my work, even though the teacher is hardly talking and everyone is messing.

In the corner of my eye I saw him smile widely and look back at his book. I take out my phone and go through my updates on HelloMe.com, glad the wifi at school was unlocked HA. It says on my timer ‘White day tomorrow! ~’ White day? Stupid automatic Calender.

‘White day…’ I mutter under my breath.

‘What?’ he asks me with his glasses drooping down.

‘What’s white day again?’ I ask confused, Gikwang suddenly went bright red and pulled his glasses further up, he sniffs nervously.

‘Ohh..That..umm’ But before he even has the chance to answer, some behind us interrupts. ‘The day girls give chocolates to the boys of course’ a tall boy with a thin neck and big eye talks. He looks like an alien. ‘Sorry dude, but I doubt you’ll be getting any’ he arrogantly states. ‘You, shut up’ I say turning back around. Gikwang is looking down and he looks embarrassed. Why do I feel so bad for him? It’s like no one will give him a break. Just leave him alone and maybe then he’ll have a chance to be happy. He needs it, more than I do. Maybe Gikwang will get chocolates…there must be some girl out there who thinks he’s just as cute as I think…wait, no no…miu stop.