Why not?

We fell in love in little words and steps

 

Miu’s POV

I guess first impressions aren’t everything. I’ve experienced mediocre bullying, but that was just plain mean. And to think I thought Sunyoung was gonna be my new friend, what right had she to pick on that girl? She was so pretty, prettier than her. I gave her a filthy look, but I can tell she avoided it, we walk to class anyway with the rest of the group, I decided to keep quiet just this time. JUST this time.

We pass through the hallways and reach the class, it’s packed. I realise that I get a few ‘oooooh’ ‘s from the class when everyone sits down and there’s no more seats left. I turn around and see just one empty chair at the back of the class, one with a guy facing down sitting next to it. I walk towards it when I get a ‘psst’ from another girl sitting with Sunyoung, Ji eun. ‘I wouldn’t sit with him if I were you’ she says emphasising on the him.

The class snickers to her comment and I frown, turning to face the seat, I find a guy with milky brown hair, slightly curly, just about covering his forehead. He wears oversized cubed glasses and his tie perfectly done. I can’t see his face properly because he’s hanging his head, he’s embarrassed. I turn to the girls ‘Why not?’ I ask, challenging. They look surprised that I didn’t immediately agree, what, you’re nice to me for an hour and you think you can tell me where to sit? Do they pick on this guy too? ‘Trust me Miu, you don’t want to mix with the nerds’ she says mocking the boy, looking at him while she says so, but he doesn’t even react. He looks down his table. The nerds? Could she be any more immature? That was such a kindergarden phrase. ‘Trust me, I can choose where I sit’ I nastily shoot at her while pulling my bag down. I get more wolf whistles and ooooohs from the class.

‘Excuse me’ I quietly say to the boy, his eyes shift to me but he doesn’t move an inch, like he’s scared of me. ‘Is it alright if I sit here?’ I ask discretely while the teacher walks in, chatter starts to spread. He nods slowly and I pull my chair back, slumping on the chair. ‘Miu’ I hear my name being called. ‘You’re digging your own grave at our school’ Sunyoung whispers, but it’s not a warning, it’s a point, and she wasn’t being nice. I nod and slam my books on my table. ‘I’ll go back to digging my grave. Please don’t disturb me’ I say with my sweetest smile, some students hear and continue with the oooohs and aaaaaahs. ‘Class quiet down’ the teacher calls.

‘I’ll sit with whom I like’ I mutter under my breath.

 

Nobody’s POV

She slams her book down before receiving a threat from the girls sitting across them. ‘You’re digging your own grave at our school’ with a strong emphasis on the our, Miu takes it she’s not wanted unless she’s a little follower at this school. ‘I’ll go back to digging my grave. Please don’t disturb me’ she says with a soft smile. The class continues to react, when in the corner of the room sits a boy hanging his head low. Used to the unwanted attention and criticism, all he does Is endure the constant teasing and resentment from all students.

But just as Miu mutters words for none to hear. ‘I’ll sit with whom I like’ she slurs.

A tiny glimpse of a smile, appears on the lonely boy’s face. 

 

~ Looks like somebody is happy ^^ . Oh! the blue text will always be the author (me) talking ㅋㅋ <3


MIAOUW , ilu chu ~~