Why?

We fell in love in little words and steps

 

Miu’s POV

Why didn’t I immediately feel like puking when they mentioned me and Gikwang as a couple? Why didn’t I say no straight away? Why did I take it so easy? Stop it Miu. Stop thinking those things. STOP IT RIGHT NOW MIU. I slowly pass down the corridor when I hear a name. ‘Miu!!’ Someone cheery shouts down the corridor. For the first time, it was a happy Gikwang…in public, around people, who could see him talking to me, and being happy. I wanted to push the thoughts right out of me but it was right then when he ran towards me with that smile on his face that I felt my heart flutter just a little. WHAT THE HELL?! MIU…WHAT ARE YOU DOING? LOOK AWAY. Instead I wave at him until he reaches me ‘H-hey’ he says nervously, I guess he’s noticed the whispers around us.

‘I was wondering, d-do you want to go for ice cream after school?’ He says quietly. The thought of it seemed fun, but I couldn’t say yes. One thing will lead to another,  THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING. Miu, you don’t…you don’t have a crush on Gikwang okay? Just be mean to him and he’ll ignore you so you can forget about it for a bit. Right, I’ll just…yeah ‘No’ I say shortly. His face changes a little but he doesn’t look offended ‘Oh’ He scratches  his head. ‘I er…my parents want me home early’ A part of me slapped myself and said WHY ARE YOU LYING? WHAT’s so wrong about having minor feelings for someone… SHUT UP SHUT UP THERE ARE NO FEELINGS! ‘Oh…that’s okay’ He says lifting up that eye smile of his again. I laugh nervously

‘Miu, a-are you alright?’ He asks looking a bit confused and worried. BE MEAN TO HIM. WHY ARE YOU BEING NICE TO HIM, BE.MEAN. ‘Yes I’m fine stop asking me that’ I snap at him, he closes his mouth and slurs ‘sorry’ I felt like apologizing too but, I can’t. ‘Anyways I have to go now bye Gikwang’ I speed through my words and get out of school as fast as possible, I decide to stay around because I’ll need the library, but if he’s going for ice cream, I’m safe.

Gikwang’s POV

That was weird. I wonder why she’s acting like that. I didn’t take it into offense because I’m getting to know Miu well, and I know she’s just like that. I think she left school now. I’ll go to my locker and get some books before leaving too. The school is empty and as I make my way through an open door I stop and stare at what I’m seeing. She struts down the hallways with a book in her hand and looks down at the floor while she does so. I suddenly felt sad. I knew she didn’t have to go home. She just didn’t want to go for ice cream with you Gikwang. Maybe sheis my friend out of pity. I try to shrug off the thoughts and think that maybe she’s on her way home right now.

Before the end of the hallway, her eyes meet a locker. I focus and pinch my glasses up my face to realise, it’s my locker she’s looking at. My name is above it and it’s been scraped and ruined all over, someone trashed my locker again. She kneels down and takes a few cautious looks around her. I wonder what she’s doing when she folds out her sleeve and starts wiping my dirty locker. My dirty locker. Wait a second, she rejected me for ice cream, but she’s here cleaning my locker with her shirt?

She takes another look around the room, as if she didn’t want to be seen doing it. She opens it too, great, someone knocked off my lock. It’s filled with notes and I could still read a few from faraway. ‘’ and ‘Nerd’ were frequently used. She keeps looking around her even though the hallway is dead empty, except for me behind a wall of course. She shoves all the notes inside her bag and walks out.

Miu, why did you do that? Why do I feel so special, and why is there a smile I can’t paste off my face? My stomach turned a little to what I just saw. Miu cares about me.I smiled all the way home, and I decided today I didn’t want to go the studio. I wanted to hog the laptop all night hoping she would come online. I know what you’re really like now Miu, you’re just as nice and caring as I thought you’d never be. Being mean and snappy to me all the time, it’s an act right? I don’t know what I’m feeling right now, but I feel special. Really special.

Miu’s POV

I ignored my parents and went straight to my laptop. I hadn’t changed my settings and lucky for me, my anonymous was back. YES

Anon: Hey miu (:

MiuMiu: Hello stranger (:

Anon: How was your day?

It made me kind of happy that someone cared about my day, although I didn’t know who it was.

MiuMiu: It was okay

Anon: Just okay?

MiuMiu: Just okay.

Anon: Are people picking on you too now?

What does he mean? On me too? Oh, he must know about the situation since he’s in my class.

MiuMiu: For being friends with the nerd?

Anon: ㅋㅋ, yes with him

MiuMiu: Yeah I guess

Anon: I’m sorry

MiuMiu: Why are you sorry? It’s not your fault.

Anon: I meant about people picking on you

MiuMiu: You seem genuinely nice. Everyone teases him…are you not one of them?

Anon: ㅎㅎㅎ, not quite

MiuMiu: You are in my class right?

Anon: Right

MiuMiu: And you see how people treat him

Anon: Right

MiuMiu: And you don’t do anything about it

Anon: well, not exactly

MiuMiu: So you don’t. You’re just as self centered and selfish as any of those bullies, aren’t you?

Anon: well, I mean

Anon is typing…

MiuMiu: You are. You care so much about a reputation and popularity you’d rather stand and watch someone get made fun of every day

Anon has erased what they were typing..

He doesn’t answer, and I can’t stop typing

MiuMiu: Well I’d rather be hated by the entire school, than to pick on the person that already IS

Still no answer.

Anon: Why do you do that?

MiuMiu: Do what

Anon: defend someone you hardly know

MiuMiu: Why don’t you?

Anon: Good question but I asked you first

MiuMiu: Because it’s not fair on him

Anon: How do you know that?

MiuMiu: Are you stupid? Can’t you tell he hates it here? He hates all of you and he’s probably dying to leave this stupid school so he can get a new life, where he’s not judged on a daily basis. AND SO DO I, I don’t need people like you who bully sane and kind people like Lee Gikwang

Anon: How do you do that

MiuMiu: DO WHAT

Anon: How did you know that’s exactly how he feels?

I stop for a moment, the question rests on my eyes. Why is the anon assuming that is  just how he feels?

MiuMiu: I’ll find out who you are.

MiuMiu has logged off the chat.

 

Gikwang’s POV

Someone who’s known me for two days, understands how I feel everyday

Better than someone who has experienced it all their life, that someone being,  me.

I don’t care if you scream at me, if you tell me to go away, I don’t care if you treat me as bad as the rest do, I know you care about me now Miu. I’m never forgetting this.

For the first time, I fell asleep with a smile on my face, Thanks Miu. For everything.

 

what a cutie <3 COMMENT!