the studio

We fell in love in little words and steps

 

Gikwang’s POV

A frown forms upon my face when the words ‘The user MiuMiu is offline’ appeared on the screen. Well, at least I know she’s no different on the internet. I felt like such a creeper and a stalker now, but she did leave it logged on at the library. I clicked back to her profile, it didn’t say much.

Name: Park Miu

Interests: photography

Relationship status: 

About me: Not here to be social

I cupped my hand under my chin and laughed lightly at ‘not here to be social’ and stared at the blank relationship status for a moment or two. I shut my laptop and neatly set it under my desk. I look at my watch. ‘6.45’ It’s not too late, and it won’t be getting dark in a few hours. I put on my beanie and slipped out of my uniform, into some saggy bottoms and a wife beater with a jumper over it.  I jogged to my mum’s bedroom. ‘I’m going to the studio, that okay?’ I say peeking through the door. She nods ‘be back for dinner, okay?’ I nod back and shut the door lightly. I live in a small house, with my mother. My da divorced her to be with someone else. I’m not too fond of him, but he promised my mother to take care of me and put me in a good school, and so he did. He always said he would stick around as a kid, but he never did. I waited for my dad to come home most days. I missed him, I miss the relationship we had, hence that it’s gone because of how he hurt my mother. Without my dad…I wouldn’t say I’m girly, but there’s no man in me. No…macho. He’s always away so he bought me a studio. My own dancing studio.

I hate him for how he treated her, and I promise myself that the day I am lucky enough to call a girl mine, I’m going to treat her like a queen. As crazy as it sounds I used to like Ji eun as a child, but then when someone told her she started to make my life hell. Up to this very day. Oh, by the way, I’m a dancer. I love dancing. Dancing will forever be a part of me, and a part of me I share with no one too. I wear the beanie and the jackets because I don’t want to be recognized. I don’t want the only good thing I do in my life to be taken away from me.

I flick the lights on as I arrive and shut the door behind me. I throw my jacket on the floor, my beanie, my glasses. The glasses aren’t a disguise, I badly need those glasses. But when I dance, I decide it’s not about what I can see myself doing in the mirror, it’s about how I feel when I dance. I don’t want to see my sweaty body, I don’t want to see the muscles on my skin, I don’t want to look into that mirror and see, who else. The spitting image of my father. So I slip them off, and I turn up the music loud.

I see nothing, a blur of lights, of a stereo and shiny wooden floors. My body starts to sway and shortly after I’m panting out of breath, sweating through my clothes. 

 

THANKYOU hanhernz For your comments <3 yes he is in this fic ~~~ if he was in my school i would do the same haha ! thankyou :)