The woods

We fell in love in little words and steps

 

Miu’s POV

I’m still numb from what I heard. What my dad shouted, what my mother confessed. I just feel disgusted. It’s not something I want to get into, it’s just my family, that I want to get away from for a while. It’s sad I can’t feel like I wish I did right now, like the butterflies in my stomach while he holds me hand on the way. I don’t know if I’m running away. I just want to get away from everything for a while, and I want to do that with Gikwang. Somehow, it felt right to call him. To tell him, and he didn’t disappoint me, he didn’t leave me crying alone in the dark. He followed me and, I guess you could say he rescued me. Where we’re going, I don’t know. I just hope it’s far away from home. I hope no one can find us. ‘Where are we going?’ I ask suddenly while the rain stops, he turns around suddenly and almost pushes me out of the way with the oversized backpack he carries. ‘T-to a large spot, you can say where we stay t-though’ He says and looks down to our hands tangled together, just once. He looks nervous, intimidated. I shouldn’t have grabbed his hand. I harshly shake his hand off and he becomes red, looking down and shoving his hand in his pocket. You can’t be offended. I’m sorry I grabbed your hand, Gikwang. It’s only holding hands, as if it meant anything, he needs to grow up a bit. ‘It depends.’ I say as the rain starts to slowly pour, but we’re sheltered by the trees. He looks at me, unable to stare for more than a few seconds. ‘How far are we?’ I speak softly, he raises his head and and tilts it around, examining the area. ‘Definitely far enough’ I shrug and take my bag off me as I hear the tent unfold itself.

It suddenly hits me I’ll be sleeping in there, alone, with Gikwang, tonight. . I gulp and swallow hard, it must have been pretty loud because he turned around ‘Miu are you okay?’ He asks. I nod and he continues to set up the things, he sure did bring a lot of stuff in such little time. So thoughtful. I decided to just sit on a log and watch him doing it instead of offering for help. Usually I would get really annoyed if he started asking me questions about it, but…I kind of wanted to tell him. I wanted to let it out, and cry on his shoulder. I know he’d support me. I felt a bit better knowing he was here for me. How he offered to come over, and he did. Here we are now, in the middle of the woods, camping. As I watched him take out his things and start gathering food next to sleeping materials, I noticed that…Gikwang looked good out of his uniform, I’d never seen him  outside of school before. He still wore a large jumper, and saggy jeans. The hat was on my head now, and he started sniffing and coughing. He has a cold…my fault. I try to look away but…there’s nothing else to look at.

I enjoy staring at him just doing what he’s told, I didn’t even tell him to. Just as he grabs a sleeping bag, his eyes silently meet mine, he freezes and as do I. Sitting there, looking up at him in shock. He doesn’t say anything, but looks down and carries on. I disappointedly look down aswell and lightly grunt. ‘Hungry?’ he says with a small smile on his cold face.