You seem quite nice for a guy like me

We fell in love in little words and steps

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvrGNrogQdE

play it!

Miu’s POV

I didn’t quite know what it was about him. He wore baggy clothes, the same slightly curly, slightly brown hair. The same oversized frames of glasses on his nose, the same pinkish lips, and chubby cheeks. He looks the same, but somehow, more appealing… ‘Hungry?’ he asks with a small smile on his delighted face. Maybe he was being all positive to lift my mood. It was working, I nod happily and he seems almost excited to open a bag of marshmallows, down to a little fire he’d prepare. This guy looked like he was pretty much raised in the while. I sat there hugging my knees while he struggles to open a simple bag of marshmallows. A snicker escapes me, which turns into a small laugh, and into an erupt and echo of laughter from the both of us. It was really the first time Him and I shared a funny moment, or a moment where we were both happy, smiling up meaningfully at each other. ‘Give it to me’ I say still half laughing, he does so and I open it in a go.

I smirk as he hands me a little stick to twist the marshmellows in the fire. Him Still standing, I budge over a little and he sits next to me on the log. It was strange, how close I was with him. Simply, our coats were touching, but not our bodies. Soon enough I knew I would eventually, for the heat, or am I saying that to deny the fact that I do, want to cuddle up to him innocently. It’s a long silence for a moment or two, we each twist our marshmellows and I catch him exchanging looks with me, and then nervously looking away. At this very moment, I was happy just to be here with Gikwang. It was getting dark and after almost 20 minutes or so of silence, it’s pitch dark and we’re in the woods, alone. A cold and windy uncomfortable silence surrounds us, I start to get scared and have a great need to take his hand, or anything to feel protected, something told me he was too.

The fire lit up the woods, as the only light while we munched. ‘Miu’ he says softly, I almost flinch a little while it’s the first sound we’ve both heard in some time. I look at him, plopping a piece of melting marshmellow into my mouth. ‘What?’ I ask, trying to seem reluctant. He stares at my eyes for a few seconds, I seemed to get in for just a second and then, he cowardly looks away. ‘A-are…are you happy?’ he asks, slowly taking turns to look at my face. I thought about it for a while, the answer to that question. ‘Right now, I am’ I say onto my molten marshmellow. He catches my eye and smiles…He smiles so sweetly right at that second my heart skipped a beat. His cheeks flow up to form half crescent moon shapes for his eyes, they’re dark and lean, just mesmerizing you by one glance. I freeze for a moment, before snapping out. ‘Do you want to tell me?’ he asks softly again, with that smile of his. ‘about what happened at home?’ I assume. He nods looking down and I swear I could have felt him inch a teensy bit closer towards me.

‘My dad… he makes so things so hard for my mum, but she makes things hard for me’ I say remembering the pain. I block my eyes from welling and pretend I need to yawn, leaving there a reasonable reason for watery eyes. ‘I’m in the same situation’ he says quietly. I turn to him. ‘Your dad?’ I ask intrigued. He nods. ‘He left years ago.’ I suddenly feel a guttering pain in my chest. How could I be so selfish? Talking about myself when Gikwang is the one who knows this pain here. ‘I’m sorry Gikwang’ I say not knowing where to look. ‘hey’ he says in a friendly tone, my eyes lead into his. ‘Don’t. it’s not your fault. At least we have one thing in common’ he says jokingly, and for the first time, he says something

And I laughed. ‘You’re smiling’ I hear in the corner of my eye. I realise I am and the smile fades into a frown. No Sherlock I’m smiling. I look back at him, he stares at me and examines my eyes, this time…he doesn’t look away. I’m drawn in for a moment and frown, confused at the situation. ‘You look even prettier when you smile’

Words as though they have sent me an electric shock. The first and maybe last time I’d ever received a compliment, from a boy, a proper one. Especially, a boy I had minor feelings for. I sigh once again In my head to those words You look even prettier when you smile’Do I really? The words hit me again and I realise I’m still sitting here, with a little fire next to him. I snap out of this world. My neck snaps and instantly I see him frown in the corner of my eye, he’s unhappy with what he’s said. He’s regretting it. He wants to take it back to avoid the hassle and awkwardness. However, he doesn’t fail to spot my face as I feel my cheeks starting to burn. Still in shock from receiving a compliment, from the nerdiest and most shy boy I know, I find it hard to even react.

‘T-thanks’ is all I manage to say. Looking down at my marshmallow in shame. He bites onto his gently and pulls it off. ‘You’re welcome’ he stutters, I knew he would, he’s just as intimidated and nervous as me, actually, way more. ‘Do you miss him?’ I ask to break the ice, directing to if he misses, his dad. Gikwang catches up and instantly answers smoothly, he knows who I meant. ‘Yeah, a lot.’ I let him speak, not out of turns, but I want to hear him now. ‘Everyday. He never came back, doubt he ever will’ He sighs, and even I hear the dull and aching pain in his voice. He misses his dad.

‘Gikwang’ I say soothingly, my voice starts to ache, he looks towards me and, himself, still red hot too. ‘Thankyou for helping me’ I sigh out, trying to look away, but with his eyes I just…can’t. ‘No problem, Miu’ he says cooly, and then…

He smiled.