Ice cream break

We fell in love in little words and steps

 

Miu’s POV

‘Miu’ I hear while I’m into the project. I look up to find Gikwang’s whisper. ‘What’ I dryly reply. Stop getting the impression that I’m mean…I’m just describing my body language, and that’s how I am. It shouldn’t offend anyone. ‘Do you want to take a break?’ He says leaning his head in, taking the ‘ no talking’ library rule a bit too seriously. ‘No’ I say picking up my pencil and getting back into my work. But then again, the project was given today, and odds are that we’ll probably have to hand it in, in weeks. I put it down and realise what a hypocrite I am when I hang my head to speak quietly. ‘Can we really take a break?’ I mouth to him; he pushes up his glasses and nods. I smile a little ‘What do we do?’ I mouth once again, he checks to see if anyone is looking first ‘Ice cream?’ he suggests quietly. I widen my mouth and nod, pulling out my chair and immediately grabbing my stuff, I strut out of the library.

Gikwang’s POV

I put my things in my bag slowly and wonder how she got out of here so fast without making a sound. Pulling my chair in and bowing before I leave, I think about the last time I went out with someone, but my memory was blank simply because I’d never been out for ice cream with a friend, or even with a parent. I’ve tried ice cream though, I’m not an alien. I follow out and see her walking out of the school, I hurry on and catch up. ‘You’re slow’ she points out, it was hard to get used to, Miu being quite straight forward and well…offending, but clearly she meant nothing by it. ‘I know’ is all I say while straightening my back pack.

We arrive to a stall. ‘Miu’ I call while she stares at the bored. She turns to me ‘What would you like?’ I fiddle with the money in my hands, indicating I would pay for it. ‘Anything please’ she turns away from the stall and walks up to a bench. Anything? I stare at the bored before ordering two plain cones with strawberry sauce. I carry them back and sit next to her on the bench. She takes it ‘Thanks’ and shoves it in . It’s delicious and I can’t remember the last time I had one. ‘Gikwang’ I face her slowly ‘Put this in the bin’ she says throwing me the wrapper, I could tell there was something mean about the way she did that.

Seeing as she threw it to me instead of handing it. But I got up anyway and seized the wrapped before feeling a hand take it away from me. ‘I was joking’ she laughs. I embarrassedly look away and hold my ice cream. ‘Do you always do what people tell you to do?’ I think about the question. ‘Yes’ I inventively answer and an awkward smile just comes up on my face. ‘Why…do you let everyone push you around though?’ It seemed like she asked so carefully, like it was a sensitive question, but I wasn’t at all. It was very simple to answer.  ‘Well, it’s been like that for a while, but it doesn’t bother me’ Liar. I can’t even look at anyone in the eye ‘I asked why you let them, not how long, or if it bothered you’ she clearly stated, solidly looking at me. I don’t think she’s glaring at me, but there’s something about how she talks and looks that’s cold. ‘There’s no one here to stop them’ I scratch the back of my head looking down.

‘yes there is’ she replies and as I look up, there’s a smile on her eyes. ‘There’s me.’ A little spark of happiness came to me,  knowing that miu was willing to defend me. ‘but…why?’ I dared to ask. I assumed that by the end of the day she would have rejected me like everyone else, which i why I asked. ‘Friends stick up for each other, right?’ She lifts her ice cream up and a tiny smile is on her lips. I think about what she just said and I guess my face must have looked weird. I was surprised.

‘Why are you looking at me like that?’ she coldy asks.

‘You’re my first friend’ I answer back, with my head tilted down and a smile.

 

Here, have an adorable gikwang happy with his first friend

ang ~ why is he so cute. Comment my lovely readers <3