Beauty is pain.

We fell in love in little words and steps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPqycQ0tQ

just a playful song to get into the makeover mood ^^

Gikwang’s POV

‘Min jung ah! Here he is, now do your magic’ my mother says delighted as she pulls me into the chair I slump in. ‘W-what are you going to-‘ I start ‘Gikwang be quiet, your aunt is going to make you y so that you can get married and have my grandchildren’ my mother says simply as if it’s something NORMAL to say. ‘umma…’ I say embarrassed covering my face with my hands. ‘Hm, well he’s not ugly’ Min jung says ruffling my hair violently. ‘This boy has got a lot of potential’ she continuous in her curious voice. ‘So let’s get started!’ She says in joy clapping her hands. ‘Min jung Unnie! FIGHTING!’ My mother says to her sister, while I just slump more and grunt. I don’t want to do this, what if I look stupid? Miu will never like me like this.

‘First, get rid of the glasses. I will get you personalized contacts’ My aunt says as she practically rips the glasses off my face. ‘Y-yah! I like my gl-‘ She snaps them in half while I stand there in awe, she broke my glasses. ‘It had to be done sweetheart’ she says chewing on gum, I can see why she annoys my mum. ‘Now I can’t see anything’ I say rubbing my eyes. ‘Don’t worry, I have your contacts, put them on!’ She says handing them to me. My mother does it for me. ‘AH IT STINGS!’ I yelp, but she slaps my head. ‘babo, be quiet you sissy’ my umma says. I grunt. Looking into the mirror, I look…different. Everything is clearer and I look more grown up, you can see my face better without the glasses, but I don’t know if it’s a good thing.

‘See, now you don’t look…as …ugly!’ My aunt says nastily, I look at her and resist not to glare. ‘Alright, now let’s get started on the REAL work. There is a lot to do’ She says, offending me even more. I’m turned around so I can’t see the mirror. My aunt takes out all sorts of tools, scissors, liquid hair dyes, tweezers…weapons that looked rather hurtful. ‘W-what are you d-doing?’ I say as the tweezers approach my face. ‘Don’t worry, this will only hurt a little bit’ she digs into my forehead and starts plucking hairs out of my eyebrows. ‘YAAAAAAAAAH THAT’S SO PAINFUL’ I yell digging my nail into the chair as I do the same response everytime she takes out a new hair. ‘this is torture’ I whisper to myself. ‘Dongsaeng, your son is one boy, you didn’t raise him like a man’ she snaps nastily to my mother, but she just glares back. They are so childish. Next thing she chucks my head into the sink and puts substance into my hair, black substance. ‘Your hair is very naturally brown, and quite curly, so I’m going to straighten it and make it pitch black again’ she says simply while she pulls my hair, it HURTS. ‘A-arasso’ I say, I hope it’s a good idea.

They dried my hair but pushed me back onto my seat before I could get a glimpse of it. ‘Now…we cut it all off!’ I gasp in terror. ‘ALL OF IT?!’ I snap in exclamation. ‘Aniyo, sit down and be quiet’ I obey as they stick the scissors into my hair.  ‘almost done…’ she says concentrating. Snip snip snip. I hear. ‘Done! Now the finishing touches’ I lose the nervousness and hope that the outcome won’t be a disaster. She applies a million creams on my face for a facial and  I suddenly feel a painful pinch in both of my ears. ‘YAH! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY EARS?’ I shout in pain. ‘Idiot, I pierced them. All the idols are doing it nowadays’ she says putting earings in. I’m going to look like a girl ‘I’m not an idol!’ I say defensively. ‘No, but you look like one’ she says swiftly as she turns my chair around to face the mirror. My eyes widen and don’t recognize the face I see in the mirror. I lift one hand up and wave it, just to make sure it really was me, Lee Gikwang, in that reflection. ‘W-wow…’ I say my face realising how smooth it was. My eyes looked more defined, with tiny shadows under them, my ears were pierced but I didn’t look like a woman, my hair was smooth and straight, hung over my face, it was black and shiny. I looked like a completely different person. ‘what do you think?’ she asks me and my mother. ‘HE LOOKS LIKE RAIN! OMO MY LITTLE GIKWANG, ALL THE GIRLS ARE GOING TO WANT TO MARRY YOU NOW, MY POOR LITTLE SON YOU LOOK ADORABLE YOU-‘

‘I look…good’ I said not taking my eyes off the mirror. Not that I was in love with myself, but just so surprised that it was really me…but…will Miu like it? ‘Now…we HAVE to change what you’re wearing. Isn’t tomorrow a holiday? You can wear your own clothes to school.’ My aunt says, how did she know tomorrow was non uniform? I guess it was an advantage…but I didn’t have stylish clothes, OR money. ‘Put this on’ she says shoving clothes on me. I try on some, looking ridiculous, until come across one outfit. Dark blue skinny jeans in regular trainers, with a wife beater and a jock jacket. I looked into the mirror, this was right.

‘You look amazing’ My mother said with tears in her eyes. I laughed quietly and hugged her. ‘Min Jung Noona, Kamsahamnida’ I said bowing, she patted my head and we left to go home.

BEFORE...

AFTER...



O.O NEW GIKWANG GET IN ME NOW. LOLOOLOLOLO, doesn't he look hot after this makeover? I wonder what people's reactions will be.........probably this