sorry...

We fell in love in little words and steps

 

Gikwang’s POV

On the bus, I flipped up and down the new item I could call my phone. I’d just bought it and already had the only two numbers I would need in it. My mum’s, and miu’s. It was my first time having a phone, since it had never been something I necessarily needed. For the first time, I understood how the guy’s in the movies felt. How nerve-racking it was to decide, Do I text her, or do I not? And then it all changes to the anticipation of receiving a text back, or a call back. I stared at the number inside the little cheap screen. If I do…what do I say? She didn’t seem to eager to speak to me at school. She was in a bad mood, a temporary one hopefully, and she wasn’t very happy to see me either. Maybe someone was mean to her again. I felt bad about it everday, but it also made me feel nice, because she sticks up for me so much. I still wonder how I feel about Miu. I try to block out thoughts, thoughts that will only ever stay and remain, ONLY thoughts. I could never risk losing miu because of…well…liking her. I try not to think about it, but sometime’s I can’t help it. Especially right now, looking at this photo I secretly took of her while she was angrily crossing something out on the textbook.

I lightly chuckled to myself, she looked so frustrated, but it was so cute. Miu’s cute, and I’ll say to myself, just once. I think I like her. She lightens my day when I see her, I do like her. A lot.

My finger slips, onto the call button. I felt panicked yet relieved I somewhat had a reason to call, I just wanted to have a chat with her, right? Just a friendly chat…

 

Miu’s POV

I pause my show before hearing my ringtone and grabbing it from under the couch. ‘Who is it sweetheart?’ My mum calls out. I stare at the caller ID with my mouth full of rice, in shock. ‘Gikwang calling’ It states. ‘Darling?’ my mum calls out again. ‘NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS’ I shout out while kicking the door. I’m sick of my parents always butting in. I stare at it for a few more seconds, and then it stops. The homescreen appears once again but I keep staring at my phone. Why did he call me? And why do I feel like this right now? I chew on the rice in my mouth and swallow it hard, with my phone still in my hand. Just as I bring it down to set it on the table, it vibrates and starts to ring again. ‘Gikwang calling’ it says again. I decide not to stare at it for too long, so I pick up.

‘H-hello?’ I call quietly into the phone. A calm and soothing voice talks on the other end.

‘Miu?’ he says. I lightly smile but my face changes straight away remembering what I told myself I’d act like, just around him.

‘Yes’ I say, short and simple. You’re doing well miu, short answers are always a plus.

‘Hello Miu’ he says, and for a second I thought I heard him smile while he said it.

‘What do you want I’m watching pokemon’ I say bluntly with the remote in my head, tempted to repress play, but in reality, I’d rather stay on the phone.

‘Oh…well, I just wanted to say Hi’ he shortly says, sounding just a bit offended, I feel bad about making it clear I was being disturbed.

‘Oh…Hi’ I say. How stupid of me.

‘I-I’m sorry I bothered you, I’ll leave you to it’ he says quietly, the background sounded like he was on a bus, on the way home probably. I thought about what he said about me again and stopped myself from smiling.

‘Okay’ I shortly reply. Miu, you .

‘Bye’ he says in a small tone. It sounded like he was upset now. I waited a few seconds but he never hung up, not until I said It back.

‘Bye’ and the line ends.

Why was I so cold to him? Why? Because he’ll find out otherwise. He’ll find out and I’ll push him away, although if I just keep acting this way, I might just end up pushing him away like this. Watch yourself miu. I’ve crossed the line with my ‘being mean’ rule. That was just tooooooo much, so I decided to text him.

‘I’m sorry for being so cold. I…’ Thinking about a reply, I typed in the rest. ‘I’m sorry for being so cold. I love pokemon’ it was a pretty ridiculous excuse, but he’ll believe it. I read through it again. Is this to nice? Nah… no smileys, no repetition. It’s perfect. I pressed sent.

 

readers! there was not a single comment about the last chapter ㅠ_ㅠ wae?