breathless

We fell in love in little words and steps

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDHqPdybUOA  play it ~ 

Gikwang’s POV

 

That was…awkward. I don’t think I should call her again, without warning. She sounded pretty annoyed, I probably interrupted. I feel like such a burden now. I get off the bus first thing, and feel a strange vibration in my pocket. Remembering it was my phone, I slipped it out and flipped it up.

‘I’m sorry for being so cold. I love pokemon’ It read, from Miu. I got a little flutter in my chest, like a little tickle. I smiled and re-read it. I felt even worse now because she apologized, and Miu…has never apologized for acting cold towards me, I always just accept it, assuming there’s a reason that isn’t any of my business for it. Someday when we’re closer, I’ll nicely ask her.

‘Don’t be. How are you? :) I saw the new episode yesterday’ I decided to text in, and press send. It was strange never having done it before, but I definitely felt that way now, all excited getting a vibration back.

‘Good. You?’ It was short, but it still made me smile. ‘Great, how was your white day?’ I figured it was sort of a stupid question, because she’s a girl, and she wouldn’t get chocolates, but I was interested anyway.

‘Boring. You?’

I could almost picture her face. Dull and bored, staring at me while repeating what she said in the texts. I tried to shrug it off and picture her how I usually would. With her milky brown hair, pain flawless skin, pretty eyes, pink lips. I noticed I was smiling when I thought of  what I should say back. Should I tell her? I should. I want to be able to tell her anything.

‘I got chocolates (:’ I press send. In seconds I get a text back.

‘From who’ there wasn’t even a question mark, for a moment it sounded like she was doing it on purpose, such short replies and words. Maybe she’s trying to tell me something’s wrong, should I ask?

‘I don’t know, yet. Are you alright miu?’ I sent, feeling a bit risky, but still excited. I push my things off realising my mum’s not home yet. I stretch across the bed and slowly become glued to this phone, with my eyes constantly on the screen, angry miu crossing out words as my wallpaper. I laugh lightly when the message icon pops up, I gasp.

‘yet? I’m fine, Gikwang’ What did she mean by: yet? Of course I’m gonna find out. Earlier on, I was afraid the chocolates might have been from Ji eun, but seeing as she called me ‘hot’ and ‘y’ other than cute, made me think it wasn’t her. So there was still hope on finding out who it was, finding out if it was from the one person I wish they could be. I didn’t get why she could text me but not call me, she must really like that show. I won’t push  her though.

‘You sound sad. I’m sorry I won’t in ^^ Isn’t it great not to have the project to do anymore?’

‘Yep it is’

‘What are you doing now?~’

‘Hiding’

She’s hiding? Maybe she’s playing hide and seek with someone. This can’t be the reason why she’s so cold, right?

‘ㅋㅋhiding from who?’

‘my parents’

There was something about this response that made me so scared for her. I was suddenly worried and felt protective, like she was in danger. It didn’t seem right that she was hiding from them, maybe she’s grounded or something, and they’re looking for her.

‘Why are you hiding from your parents?’ I press send.

No answer.

‘Did something happen?’ I press send again.

‘Miu are you alright’ I don’t bother correcting spelling mistakes, or adding question marks at this point.

‘Talk to me’ I press send once again.

‘I know you can see my texts, what happened something? Something is wrong’ again

‘Take as long as you need I’ll wait’ I press send and finally shut my phone down.

 Somehow I just couldn’t go back to my books, I couldn’t go to the studio, I couldn’t take my eyes off the phone in case it would buzz any minute. I was worried. She never tells me what’s going on in her life, so what I do know? What if her parents are trying to her hurt? Unlikely but it could happen, not once has she mentioned her family.

The phone suddenly rings and I pick it up straight away

‘Y-yoboseyo’ I call into it quietly. I hear hard panting and a sudden crash, like a broken plate. I quickly pull the phone away from the sound and read clearly, the caller ID is miu. ‘Miu?’ I whisper, feeling as though I should be quiet too, she’s definitely hiding. With no response, she continues to harshly breathe in, stressed. Another plate crashes the floor along with a man shouting violently, and a woman crying. Her parents. They were arguing, fighting.

‘M-miu’ I speak into the phone making sure she’d hear me. Without a word, I hear a sniff and a very soft whimper, She’s crying. It suddenly pained my chest and brought sadness to me, and the way that I’d never seen, or more appropriately, heard her, this upset. ‘Are you alright?’ I ask softly. Followed by another sniff, she sounds shakey and weak, she’s afraid. ‘N-no, I’m scared Gikwang’ she blunty answeres, in an angry yet soft and upset tone. She’s trying to be mean to me at this moment, just to cover up how she feels but it’s not working. Despite the situation she was in, It still felt nice that she called me. That she relies on me to tell me she’s scared. ‘Miu, do you want me to find you? I can find you’ I say almost hunching my shoulders, and it feels just right to hide under the bed, as though I were hiding with her.

‘How’ she whispers softly, into the phone I imagine she tightly grips while she pants, with tears flowing down her face. I bet she still looks beautiful that way. ‘Tell me where you live, I’ll climb up or we can go somewhere else’ I say reassuringly into the phone. ‘W-where’ she stutters, her voice cracks. ‘I have a tent and some money, we can camp out somewhere’ It sounds like a bad idea, but I’d take care of things. I know the perfect spot and my mum would definitely let me. ‘Somewhere…far?’ she sniffs into the line. I nod and whisper with a smile on my face, knowing I want to make her safe. ‘yeah, somewhere really far’ I say to her. ‘I’ll text you the adress’ and with that, she hangs up and the line drops. I immediately slip out my old tent out of the cupboard and gather a bag dumping all kinds of crap into it. Noodles, napkins, toothpaste, blankets, a brush, anything really. I had to make it fast, so that I could get her out of there quicker. I checked my phone quickly, still no text.

Heading to the kitchen and shoving everything in, my mother bursts out. ‘What on EARTH are you doing with that tent? And my noodles!’ She shouts out, I turn to her. ‘Miu, my friend she’s in trouble. I’m going to find her and we’ll camp out somewhere’ I say looking at her and back at my bags. My mum’s face changes and I start to fear that she’ll get in the middle and stop us. ‘Gikwang, look at me’ I do so and she places both of her hands , her palms on the side of my face. ‘Take whatever you need, I’m so proud of you’ she says with her eyes glistening a tad. I nod, confused, and my mother heads upstairs.

My phone buzzes and by this time I’m out of the door. I check the address and start to make my way through a rainy path, new to me. I better not get lost. ‘Wait for me Miu I’ll be there soon’ I text blocking the rain from entering my screen. I shove it into my pocket, and after very few minutes of going up the right roads, I make it. It’s a house with no stairs which should make it easier for her to slip out of the back window, I turn back and call her ID once and see her peep out of the window. I stupidly wave and for a second she catches a glimpse of me and looks straight into my eyes, as do I. I look up at her and can feel myself smiling, becoming hot in this moist, windy weather.

She lightly, lifts up a tired and heavy smile, it’s hard for her, and I can see the pain In her eyes. You’ve done so much for me Miu, how would I leave you alone like this? Her window opens up slowly and she slips out one bag, packed with things she looks back once, before shutting it and slipping out herself. Mud splats all over her but she shakes it off and runs towards me. I run towards her too and we stop at the meeting point in the middle, awkwardly standing there, but it didn’t feel awkward, it felt just right to me.

Looking down upon the mud on her feet with her hair dripping, and stuck on the sides of her face, I take off my beanie and gently set it on her head. She continues to look down with somewhat little rivers down her cheeks, unable to make out whether it was her tears or the rain, her face doesn’t change as I set the hat on her. ‘You might catch a cold otherwise’ I say with a tiny smile. She remains to stare down, the now, wet material covers her eyes and I can’t even tell what she looks like. I take a tiny step towards her and her a light whisper. The rain is loud but I manage to slightly hunch over and hear her talk. ‘Get me …out of here’ she muffles. I nod straight away, but first I’m unable to figure out what I should do. The natural thing would be to put my arm around her, but…I was so scared.

She pulls the hat up slightly with one hand while the other one pulls up and grabs…my other hand. Her wet fingers tangle into mine and my heart stopped…a little. She pulls up her hat a little and I see her glare. ‘Well…Go’ she angrily hisses. I nod and look away straight off, knowing my face will be burning hot. How can I not feel this way…when Miu’s holding my hand. We start to walk off slightly into the country side, deep into the forest, hand in hand. I’m in my own little world while she slumps behind me, I tug on her hand that shortly becomes warm and dry as we enter the woods, I’m smiling all the way.  I promise myself to always protect and watch over you, just like you do for me.

 

what did you think of this chapter? plz comment :D