19 Scars

Sacrifice

“I can’t believe you,” you mumbled as you jumped onto your bed, your eyes watching Luhan as he closed the bedroom door, “You’re really crazy, you know?”

“Crazy?” he asked, “How so?”

You raised an eyebrow, “How could you down my mom’s food so easily? Wasn’t it… repulsive?”

“Of course it was,” he shrugged, “But I’ve tasted worse, so it wasn’t a big deal.”

“Well… thanks anyways,” you mumbled before blurting out the next thing that left you stunned, “You. Why would you say okay to my mom’s request? You couldn’t possibly want to share a room with me!”

Luhan chuckled and took a seat across from the bed in your room, “Well, I don’t know. I just like messing with you a lot, you know? It’s fun seeing your reactions.”

“You know that’s sick right?” you huffed, arms crossed, “There’s nothing funny about practically sending me into a panic attack. Like earlier – what were you thinking? Messing with me and talking about doing that – I almost bought it!”

You weren’t sure if it was something you had said or something you did, but in the next instant, it was clear something had caused Luhan’s attitude to change a hundred and eight degrees. He became quieter and he no longer seemed like he was in the mood to mess with you.

You watched him closely, unsure what was wrong. However, he seemed to just ignore you. Finally, he stood up, walking over to the bathroom that was connected to the bathroom. Then, he told you that he was going to shower first and left you sitting there dumbfounded. Something was weird about Luhan, but you couldn’t quite put your finger on it.

As you heard the water turn on, you decided that since there was another bathroom down the hall, you were going to shower there. That way, things would be done in a more efficient manner.

You couldn’t take your mind off of Luhan’s up and down behavior though. Whatever he was hiding, you wanted to find out – the curiosity was seriously going to keep you from getting a decent sleep tonight.

After finishing your shower, you put on your oversized t-shirt and your shorts. The outfit had become your pajamas since it was extremely comfortable to sleep in and it felt like fluff against your skin – an incredibly nice feeling, if I might add.

When you opened the door to your room, you saw Luhan with his shirt off and you squealed, closing the door immediately. You also covered your eyes on instinct.

However, even as you did so, you had noticed something really weird about Luhan’s upper body. It was full of scars and markings – something must’ve happened to him in the past for his body to look like that. It was almost as if he had been… tortured or something.

“What are you standing there for? Come on in,” Luhan spoke, snapping you out of your thoughts.

He had slipped his shirt back on and opened the door for you to enter. Slowly, you made your way into the room, eyes never leaving him due to the curiosity that was seriously building up within your mind.

After you got enough courage to ask him about the scars on his body, you did so, “Luhan. Did something happen in the past? Why do you have so many scars on your torso?”

Luhan stiffened noticeably, “…It’s none of your business.”

“I want to know,” you reached out to him, “You’re living under my house. I deserve to know.”

“You don’t deserve to know just because I’m here for shelter,” he replied immediately, his voice firm and stubborn.

You were a bit taken aback. If he wouldn’t talk about it, then it must’ve been really bad. Whatever it was, it not only scarred him physically but also emotionally. You could tell that much from his reactions.

“…Luhan,” your voice had become a lot softer than the panicked tones you had used to speak to him before.

His eyes became distant, “You don’t know how much I would give to get rid of these scars, but you know what a scar is. They don’t go away – ever.”

How much you wanted to blurt out that you could get rid of these scars. You really wanted to but couldn’t bring yourself to say such a thing. Saying something like would only meant that you were a step closer to dying.

You really couldn’t risk that right now.

You couldn’t sacrifice that much for any one person at the moment.

“Come on,” you pulled him over, “Let’s sleep, alright? Forget about whatever that is bugging you. Relax.”

Although you were actually pretty against the idea of you sharing a bed with the wolf-boy, you knew you had no other choice. There was no way you were going to make him sleep on the floor – it was already cold enough as it is.

Sleeping on the cold hard floor would just be a form of punishment.

Besides, you had a queen-sized bed – there was room for him.

Something noticeable had begun to appear in Luhan’s gaze – it was sadness. Something must’ve really been bothering him. You begin to feel bad that he was suffering and there was nothing you could do about it – or was there?

Carefully, you set him down on the spot next to you. You leaned against the bed frame as you gently ran your fingers through his hair.

[CR: Mask - Juniel]

Twinkle twinkle little star
When the cold moon rises in the silent night sky

I take off the mask that warmly smiled
And trample and smash it…

…I don’t know but don’t be afraid
People have two faces

I don’t know but don’t be afraid
They are trying to turn away
I’ll get away…

A song always soothed the listener – well at least, that’s what you believed anyways and it seemed to work for Luhan.

Within seconds, a soft smile had spread across his face which made you smile as well. You were glad that he was feeling better.