38 Promises

Sacrifice

Shaking your head, you couldn't help but feel that the boys were lacking something. It wasn't that they weren't powerful on their own – they just didn't seem to work together as well as you would've liked.

Sometimes, their reaction was just too slow. If Chanyeol allowed a flame to burn, Suho's reaction may not be quick enough to put out the flame with his water. It was little things like this that caused their strength to dwindle a bit.

Their lack of cooperation together caused Lay to become extremely busy. He had been running back and forth, tending to the needs of each individual member.

"You need your air to circulate strong enough, so nothing can penetrate it," you commented as you passed by Sehun, "You have to use your power for both offense and defense."

Nodding, Sehun tried again – creating a strong shield with the winds while having the air below him cause him to levitate into the air. You snapped and Chen came forward, a lightning bolt within his hands. Within a second, the bolt was thrown towards Sehun who swiped his hand in front of him.

The lightning bolt was tossed to the side, aiming at Chanyeol. A wall of flames went up, destroying the electricity. Grinning, he held out a hand as fire began to strengthen around him.

"You can't just intimidate people with fire," you stated, shaking your head, "You've got to use it to your advantage. Fire is weak to water, right? So, how can you cover this weakness?"

Suho chuckled, "Fire can't go against water. It's impossible."

A wave of water circulated him, climbing up his body. He was going to send a wave to silence all the crackling flames that Chanyeol had created. However, at that moment, Chanyeol realized how fire could potentially be used against water.

This time, he sent the flames over to circulate Suho. At first, Suho didn't understand what was happening. However, it didn't take long for him make all the water drop, vanishing. Chanyeol made the flames died down as his leader fell to his knees, panting.

"I guess fire can beat water," he chuckled.

Chanyeol had caused the water upon Suho's body to heat up and boil. Handling boiling water would definitely cause some burns, so that was why he had to make the water dissipate. If he didn't, he would end up essentially cooking himself.

You nodded, "If you and Chanyeol worked together, warm water could defeat Xiumin's frost. If Xiumin and Suho worked together, ice could be formed. Do you see where I'm going with this? If you all worked together, you would be much more powerful."

"I guess my ability combined with Chen's could electrocute people," Suho glanced over at the boy.

Nodding, the other leader smiled, "My flight abilities could help keep you guys out of danger and if Kai could practice his teleportation abilities well enough, he could teleport the opponents at random times, messing them up."

"Tao and Lay could work together, so slowing down time could allow Lay to go around helping us immediately. Baekhyun would be able to distract others with his light since it's quite blinding," Chanyeol chuckled, "...Not that his looks aren't blinding enough."

Baekhyun hit the boy in the chest lightly, a bit shy, "That's enough."

D.O stepped forward, "If it comes in handy, I can create cracks within the ground – causing them to fall to an ugly death. As of right now, I can only make little cracks to trip people, but I'm sure if I practice long enough – I can definitely make myself stronger."

"You all are really going to go against them?" you looked up the boys, "You realize how dangerous this is right? They're aiming to kill you, not to capture!"

Luhan's hand settled upon your shoulder, "Don't worry about us. When I get enough practice, you realize that I can literally strangle everyone from within a distance, right? I'm a lot more powerful in potential, I mean. That's why they treated me the worst – they thought that I didn't have any abilities back then, so they just injected me with more drugs – more ability giving drugs."

You placed a finger upon his lips, forcing him to be quiet. You didn't want to hear about all the horrible pasts that Luhan had to go through anymore. It was just too heartbreaking.

Glancing up at him slowly, you mumbled, "Don't talk about that anymore. It's... saddening."

"Hayeon," he removed the hand from his lips, "You've got to trust us. You know that this is the right thing to do, don't you?"

"I... I – " you began to say, but Luhan shook his head.

"We've got to do this to protect the world we know and the world you live in," he ruffled your hair.

The rest of the EXO boys nodded along with Luhan's statement, confirming what he had said. You pursed your lips together. Honestly, you knew that Luhan's statement was true – you just didn't want to admit it.

However, this was reality.

Immediately, your arms found their way around his waist as he embraced him in a tight hug, your voice wavering a bit.

"Please, just promise me that you will all be safe. You will be safe."

Luhan's arms found their way around your petite body too, "...I promise."