27 Abilities

Sacrifice

You couldn't believe your ears. Here you were with Luhan, pretending everything was alright, while his friends were in life-threatening situations? You couldn't even begin to describe the guilt you were feeling. It was so heavy that you couldn't bear it.

"Where are they?" you finally got the courage to move away from Luhan, away from his back, "How bad are they hurt?"

Kai raised an eyebrow, "Why do you care? You don't know them. Don't try to tell me that you care for them because you're such a nice person crap. I won't believe you. Tell me, why do you want to help me, us? We're strangers."

"KAI," Luhan's voice rose firmly, "That's enough."

You couldn't believe these guys. If you were going to help, they shouldn't bicker. This was a complete waste of time! You reached over and grabbed your jacket, preparing to head out to find them yourself, but Luhan grabbed your hand. His eyes showed a bit of shock.

"Where do you think you're going?" Luhan asked.

You yanked your hand from his, "Unlike you two, I'm not going to stand around and do nothing, wasting time. I'm going to go find Chanyeol and Xiumin – "

"Don't be silly," Kai replied, "You don't know where they are. You can't get to them. They're too far."

"Besides," Luhan added, "You just recovered from a high fever. Do you really think I'm going to let you go out? It's way too cold out there and..."

His voice trailed off and you raised an eyebrow, "You already know what's going to happen anyways, don't you? It doesn't matter if I get sick now or not, does it?"

"JUNG HAYEON," Luhan looked at you with an expression full of worry, "This is none of your business! I'm not going to allow you to do this. Don't you realize that this is like a suicide mission? Can't you take care of yourself? You are such an idiot!"

"Yes. Yes, I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot that's going to save your friends," you replied, your voice not wavering, "Or are you really okay with standing here and watching them die? Are you? Luhan, you've got to let me go. Besides, remember?"

You held up your hand to allow him to read that number printed upon your wrist. It wasn't one. it wasn't two. It was three.  This meant that you'd still be alive even after saving those two friends of his. Your health might deteriorate some more, but it didn't mean you would die just yet.

Your heart was still hanging on to your life and it wasn't about to let go so easily.

"I can't see you hurt again..." his voice became soft, barely a whisper.

Smiling, your hand reached up and touched his cheek, "I'll be fine. Don't worry. You know you wouldn't be able to bear it if you see your friends departing from the world of the living, right?"

That made Luhan become quiet. He couldn't believe the choice he had to make. To save his friends, he had to see you become weaker. You had just recovered from a fever – a high fever – and now you were out to risk your health once more? This was just crazy.

He could barely accept it.

"Kai," you focused your eyes on him, "If they are so far, how did you get here so quickly?"

He rolled his eyes and stuffed his hands into his pockets. Then, he took a step forward towards you.

"Teleportation, of course."

Kai stated the reason as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Your eyes widened as you didn't realize that teleportation even existed. However, after careful consideration, you realized that if you could bring people back from the dead, teleportation really wasn't that big of a deal.

"Could you teleport me to where your friends are at?" you asked, "I want to help."

Kai shot Luhan a look, "You know that your little girlfriend here can't help right? Even Lay can't do anything and he's our healer!"

"Girlfriend?" you blinked.

Was he talking about you?

Luhan ruffled his hair in annoyance, "I can't believe I'm letting you do this Hayeon. Kai, just take her. She's... different from us."

"Well I can't teleport her there," he replied quickly, then he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, "...I haven't practiced my teleportation abilities that much."

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows, "You haven't? I thought you could at least do that."

"Yah," Kai crossed his arms, "Don't judge me. I didn't have as much time to practice my teleportation compared to your telekinesis, alright?"

Your eyes widened, "...Telekinesis?"

"Yeah, that's Luhan's gift," Kai replied nonchalantly, "...Wait. He didn't tell you? Then... what do you know? Do you know anything about them?"

Shaking your head, your eyes glanced over at Luhan who had averted his gaze to the side, "Kai. Just go get our pack, alright? Before time runs out or something."

Nodding, Kai disappeared, leaving you and Luhan alone. Crossing your arms, you leaned in towards the boy with a questioning look.

Teleportation. Telekinesis. Healing. Abilities. Wolves. Them?

There was just so much you didn't know and you figured it was about time you learned about Luhan.

"Alright. It's your turn. Spill it – what are you hiding, wolf-boy?"