41 Realization

Sacrifice

"WHAT?" Luhan's eyes widened as he made his way over to Kai, his hands grabbing shoulders, "What the hell are you talking about? Don't joke about something like this!"

Kai shoved the boy off his shoulders, "I'm not kidding! She's really not there!"

Alarm and panic rushed through the veins of Luhan. He didn't know what was going on and why you had suddenly disappeared on them. Words couldn't describe how terrified Luhan was for you. The feeling of not knowing where you were and how you were just scared him.

You could be dying at that second and he wouldn't be able to do a single thing. That feeling of helplessness caused him to cause his heartbeat to race.

"What's going on?" Kris tilted his head, "What do you mean she's not there? We were up since sunrise! We would've known if she left."

Xiumin shook his head, "No, that's not necessarily true. If she left earlier, prior to us waking up, we wouldn't have known at all. At the moment, the only thing we can confirm was that she left – not when."

Quietly, Tao made his way into your room without the knowledge of the other boys. A bunch of disagreements wasn't going to help them at all. To locate you, he had to know what had happened awhile ago.

His eyes examined your bed – the blankets ruffled. There was no signs of any struggle, so it seemed that you had left willingly – not that anyone had taken you by force. It caused him to sigh in relief. That was a good sign.

Then, he noticed that your window wasn't closed or locked. At first, he thought that maybe you had tried to escape through the opening, but then, he realized that it was too high off the ground. There was no way you could get out with making some sort of rope here and if you did make it, it was nowhere to be seen.

The possibility was unlikely.

"What were you thinking, Hayeon?" he mumbled to himself.

At that moment, the door opened and in came Chen, "Did you notice something?"

Tao shook his head regretfully, "Not yet, but I'm thinking about looking back in time. If I can do it just right, I might be able to see a replay of what happened. I just need something that might have something to do with her disappearance."

The two of them glanced at each other while they heard a muffled argument going on outside. The loudest voice was unmistakable – Luhan. His voice was rising since he had believed that Chanyeol and Baekhyun knew something about your disappearance when in all honesty, they didn't.

"Hey," Chen frowned a bit, "...What is this?"

Tao glanced at Chen as the two of them walked towards your bed frame. On the wall that your bed was up against, there was a small hole as if something had pierced right through it. The two of them looked at the indenture quite puzzled.

"Was this here before?" Tao tilted his head, "Was this to hang up a picture or... a clue?"

Chen paused, thinking about your room prior to today, "Actually... I'm not too sure. However, the location is a bit too low for a picture, don't you think? If she really put a picture here, it wouldn't hang down properly. It would hit the bed frame. If I had to guess, I'd say it wasn't here before."

Hearing what the elder boy had to say, he decided that he would give it a try. He ran his fingers against the indenture and closed his eyes. A glow was emitted from Tao's body as a luminous clock arose from his body.

Everything around him seemed to freeze as Tao's eyes opened. A bright light and a shimmer separated him from his physical body as everything went into a rewind. He saw himself and Chen leave the room, backwards, and then, it was all quiet.

After awhile, he had begun to doubt that you even slept that night. He didn't see you at all. At the sunrise, your room was empty. When the moon had begun to set, you were still nowhere to be seen. However, when he was about to give up on the time control ability, he noticed something.

He saw you sneak back into your room and climb back into bed. Midnight.

The EXO boys had already been deep asleep by that time. Tao couldn't understand why you had left so late at night. He wanted to understand the situation.

There was no logical reason someone would just leave.

Continuing to focus on the use of his ability, time continued to rewind Seconds, minutes, hours passed.

That was when he saw it.

A crumpled piece of paper flew out of the trashcan and into your hands which you then uncrumpled, smoothing it out. He saw the expression you had when you read it and he knew that that was the key to your disappearance. If you had thrown the paper away, it should still be there in the present time.

With one exhaling breath, time was restored. He was back in the present as he found Chen staring at him with a curious expression.

"So, what did you see?"

Tao didn't say anything. Instead, he scrambled over to your trashcan, pulling out that piece of paper he had just saw you read from. His grip on the paper tightened as his eyes widened in horror.

".... You're not going to like this."