47 A Sad Victory

Sacrifice

As you slowly pulled away from the reviving kiss, you saw Luhan’s eyes slowing opening. A small cough escaped his lips as he gazed up at you, unsure what had just happened – rather, he couldn’t wrap his mind around the fact that you had just kissed him.

The moment he had regained his consciousness, your tears flowed more as you tried to contain the happiness within you. Luhan slowly sat up as you flung your arms around his neck, holding him tightly. Words couldn’t describe the immense amount of relief that had overcome you. You really did save him. He was really going to be okay.

“I told you not to use the last of your abilities on me, didn’t I?” Luhan mumbled as you buried your face into his neck, his hand against the back of your head, “…idiot.”

Recalling that Luhan didn’t know that you had used the last of your abilities on him, you decided to just go along with the lie, “Yeah, I’m really an idiot, aren’t I?”

Finally pulling away from each other, the two of you watched as EXO began to unleash their full powers after they thought that they had saw Luhan die. That anger heightened all of their abilities to their full potential.

Kris picked D.O up from the ground and allowed him to fall, his fist pounding against the ground. D.O’s hit caused a wave-like ripple-effect on the ground as the floor began to shake. It became unsteady and the man had no choice but to fly into the air. As he did so, Kai focused his eyes onto Kris who was then teleported by Kai into the space behind the man. Kris took that moment to smash his fist against his spine – a loud crack echoed throughout the room.

The man began to use his own healing powers on himself, but Sehun wasn’t about to let that happen. With another move from his hands, he conjured a powerful tornado. What was different about this tornado was that it wasn’t just a tornado of air.

Chanyeol, Suho, Chen, and Xiumin were on standby. Each of them unleashed a stream of their own elements into the vortex of disaster. Fire, water, lightning, and frost were all a part of this new killing weapon. It wouldn’t matter what force field the man decide to put up since he couldn’t stop every attack in one move.

To top it all off, Baekhyun created a lasting flash in the air that blinded the man for a moment. In those few seconds, it prevented the man to see that Tao had placed a time-spell upon the tornado. It caused the wind speed to quicken at least ten times the normal speed, causing it to tear up anything in its path. The light subsided and the deadly attack hit the man.

Luhan took that moment to condense the air around every EXO member including him and you. That condensed air created a protective shield around everyone.

It was something he had never done before, but he had realized the dire need for some protection in the circumstance. Something within him had been triggered – his full potential reached.

The impact of that tornado caused the place to, in a sense, explode. Everything was destroyed. As the air cleared, the EXO boys slowly walked toward the fallen man one by one. Lay saw his deep wounds and he grinned.

A healer can heal, but he could also make things worse. The man had tried to save himself by healing himself, but Lay knew better than allow him to do that.

With the flick of his wrist, the EXO members witnessed him forcing the wounds to worsen faster than the man could recover. After a few minutes, the groans of the painful wounds were silenced by none other than death.

This battle’s victory was to EXO. They had won this fight.

Luhan helped you up to your feet as the two of you slowly made your way over to the rest of the boys. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were elated to see that you were still fine and you hadn’t fainted or anything. You concluded that the reason for you health being fine was due to the drug that was injected to your body.

However, there was no way that drug could change your fate to die.

The eleventh save was going to kill you and you knew that. However, there was one thing you hadn’t actually told Luhan. After saving your eleventh person, you didn’t die immediately. You actually died as soon as the clock strucks midnight.

This meant that you had the rest of today to be with Luhan – a few hours.

The thought of that made your heart ache. However, there wasn’t anything you could do about it. It was fate. This was just how it was meant to be. You and the rest of the EXO boys slowly made your way back to your house where everyone wanted to celebrate the victory you had just had.

Your eyes gazed upon Luhan's back as you walked behind him and the rest of EXO. Silently, you followed the boys as they swung their arms around each other's shoulders. Laughing, joking, everyone seemed so happy.

A couple of them had cuts and bruises on their faces and arms, but they weren't that big of a deal. Lay was there to help everything become better immediately.

You wanted to be happy for everyone – honest – but you just couldn’t bring yourself to?

I mean, how could you when you knew your time was coming up? You just couldn't smile. It was too hard.

"Hayeon," Luhan spun aroun with the rest of the boys.

However, all they saw was you looking down on the ground. Your hand reached up and rubbed your eyes as you slowly looked up at them, forcing a small smile – if you could call it one at all.

"Yeah?"

Luhan's eyes narrowed at you, "Hey. What's wrong? You should be happy. Why are you crying?"

He slowly made his way over to you as his thumbs brushed the tears away gently. He couldn't stand to see you cry – especially at a time when there was no reason to cry.

Unless, you were hiding something from him again?

Before he could open his mouth to ask you another question, you took his hand. You attempted another smile which looked more real as you looked up at him. You wanted him to see that you were fine and he shouldn't worry about you at all.

You wanted to appear independent and strong.

Although Luhan was unsure about your behavior, he decided to trust you this one time. After some hesitation, he gave you one of his smiles that made your heart soften.

Suddenly, sacrificing your life for his seemed worthed it.

So this is what love does to a person.

You finally understood.


A/N: For anyone who thought she was going to die after saving the 10th person (Baekhyun in Chapter 34), let me refer you to this passage!

"However, that wasn’t all he did. He cursed her so that with each person she saved, her health deteriorated – that meant she would either die because her heart couldn’t handle the weak health or when she saved the eleventh person" [Chapter 24]

So, this means that she can save ten people without dying, but she cant over ten. soo.. once she saved 11+ people, she would die!