34 A Cover-Up Story

Sacrifice

The two boys nodded as you went over, taking Baekhyun’s hand into yours. Then, you felt yourself glowing that bright yellow color for the last time. A cold shiver went down your spine, but it didn’t necessarily feel painful.

Baekhyun’s eyes opened as that color shone from his eyes – almost as if he was using his own light abilities. Chanyeol held Baekhyun’s other hand, hoping everything would be alright. There was no way he was going to lose him – absolutely no way at all.

As the light began to fade, you felt your breaths getting heavier. The number on your wrist had completely faded – indicating that you had reached the maximum people you could save. Unable to do anything about it, you felt the energy get drained from you instantly.

Before your eyes, you watched Baekhyun fall into Chanyeol’s arms as he tried to regain focus – Chanyeol helped him up.

“B-Baekhyun?” his eyes glazed over him, “Are you alright? How do you feel?”

After taking a couple of deep breaths, he glanced at Chanyeol – extremely surprised, “…It feels different. I think… she did it!”

The excitement was evident in the atmosphere as you smiled to yourself, glad to be able to help one last time. If Luhan realized you had gone from one to zero, he would kill you for sure. He had been so against it before and now his nightmare had came true.

Baekhyun jumped into Chanyeol’s arms, causing the other to fall over. As Chanyeol hit the ground, he couldn’t help but fail to hide the huge smile that came upon his lips. He had fallen against a tree, his back leaning on it.

Hi legs were bent a bit as Baekhyun fell between them. His hands were on either side of Chanyeol as the two of them gazed at each other affectionately, glad that they would be able to grow old together, stay together – assuming that nothing else would happen between them.

“…It’s a miracle,” Baekhyun chuckled as he pressed his forehead against Chanyeol’s, “We’ve really finally received a miracle.”

Within the next moment, Chanyeol’s hands had found their way up to Baekhyun’s cheeks, cupping it so gently as if they were so delicate, the would break on contact.

His lips brushed against the other’s, “Finally? No. You were my first miracle from the start.”

A soft chuckle was heard as the two lips collided, their bodies pressed together. A soft gentle nip was applied to Baekhyun’s lip as his lips parted, Chanyeol's tongue snaking in. The kiss then proceeded to intensify before you.

There were no words that could describe just how awkward you felt. Sure, you were happy for the two of them but watching people kiss wasn’t your thing – especially, not this passionately. A soft clearing of the throat caused the two to break apart – Baekhyun flushing pink as his face buried against the other’s chest.

He had forgotten about your presence for the time being as he was so overwhelmed with joy. Chanyeol, on the other, didn’t seem to be as shy.

“Thank you,” he smiled, “For everything.”

You nodded, “It’s fine. I mean, you two seem to deserve each other and so I was more than happy to…”

You couldn't finish what you were saying. It wasn't as if you felt real pain, but you were slowly feeling numb. You felt your head pound a couple of times as the numbness took over your body. It wasn’t like anything you’ve ever felt before. Was this the consequence for saving another life?

“…Hey,” Chanyeol begin to get up, Baekhyun doing the same, “Are you alright?”

“What’s wrong with her?” Baekhyun ran over to you, helping you from falling over, “Is she alright?"

There was no doubt that the boy had blamed this whole situation on himself. If he had been well, none of this would've ever happened. If you had enough energy to reply him, you would've assured him that you were just fine.

However, at the state you were in, you realized you couldn't do something as simple as that. That forced you to snap to reality and find out that you weren't as strong as you had thought.

Not long after the realization, your vision faded to blackness, causing you to black out.

Chanyeol began to recall what you had said earlier

"I’ll help you, but if something happens to me, you’re going to have to cover up for me. No matter what you have to do, you must never let Luhan find out about this. Never, alright?"

"Let's take her in," he instructed Baekhyun, "At this state, at least she can pass as she's just in a deep sleep, right?"

A sad frown came upon Baekhyun's expression, "Is that really okay? To leave her like this, I mean."

"It's what she wanted," Chanyeol stated, "So we don't really have a choice. We owe her for helping us. At least we have to do this for her."

Slowly, the two of them helped pick you up and ever-so-quietly bring you up to your room. They tucked you into your bed neatly before heading out of your room, locking it before they left.

They had to make sure no one could get in if you hadn't woken up in the morning. Your consciousness would be regained when your body recovered from this last time you could use your ability of revival.

If all goes well, you'd wake up in the morning and no one would suspect a thing.

If you woke up late, they'd just think you slept in.

A perfect cover-up story.