23 Accident

Sacrifice

A/N: Thanks to all those people who subscribed and especially those who have commented! It really keeps me motivated to finish this story(:


You met eyes with the wolf form of Luhan. You realized that he was being serious.

Again, you always felt like he wasn’t being fair. Unlike him, you couldn’t scare his secrets from his lips, but he could scare your secrets out of you.

You watched him as he approached you, slowly crouching down. It was clear that he was going to jump at you if you weren’t going to tell him what he wanted to hear.  However, were you going to give in?

“…I’m not going to let you force me to tell you what I want to keep a secret,” you replied firmly without letting your voice waver – showing no signs of weakness.

That was when another growl escaped Luhan and he leapt at you. Without hesitation, you ran – fast. You weren’t going to let him catch you. Recalling what you used to do as a kid, you headed for the nearest tree that you could climb.

Up you went and that left Luhan angrily pawing at the tree. You grinned, thinking that you won, and stuck your tongue out at him. That didn’t make the situation go away.

The next thing you knew, Luhan transformed into a human, climbing up to get you.

Eyes widening, your brain seemed to become empty in a second. You scrambled backwards onto absolutely nothing and fell. Luckily, within that short few seconds, Luhan had jumped to the ground and under you, caught you.

“You… You move fast,” you mumbled as you slowly slipped out of his arms, “Thanks.”

“You really want to thank me?” he crossed his arms, “Then you tell me what I want to hear.”

You hesitated, “No. Seriously, Luhan. Didn’t anyone ever teach you that you can’t always get what you want? That you can’t force people to do the things that they don’t want?”

Luhan and you had some sort of a stare down – Neither of you showed any intension of backing down. He was just as stubborn as you.

“Hayeon,” Luhan began, “I can’t just ignore the fact that you practically just brought a person back to life. Something is different about you and you’re hiding a secret. What’s the big deal? Why can’t you just tell me?”

“Because it’s none of your business,” you replied immediately, “Same reason why you won’t tell me why you keep teasing me. Same reason why you won’t tell me how you got the ability to morph into a wolf. Same reason why you won’t tell me why your eyes change color or why you have so many scars on your body. You know, you keep a lot more secrets than me Luhan.”

Then, you spun around, walking away. That only seemed to set Luhan off – annoyed, angry. That made Luhan go back to the form of a wolf and he advanced towards you. His speed quickened and at the last second, you dodged him.

The action sent Luhan sliding down the slippery ice that had formed on the ground. A yelp was heard from the wolf and he scrambled to get control of himself.

However, the more you struggled, the less control he had.

“LUHAN!” you shouted after him, a bit worried about him crashing into a tree or something.

However, not long after that, a loud snap was heard and your eyes widened. The first thing you saw was lots of red.

Red, red, red.

You knew it was blood by the way it was spreading and soaking into the ice. Without thinking, you ran as fast as you could over to his side.

A loud howl was heard – his way of showing that he was in major pain. I mean, who wouldn’t be?

You noticed something a bit terrifying. Luhan’s hind leg had been caught in a metal trap that had clamped shut. You were sure that the trap must’ve at least broken his leg – crushed was more like it.

The jagged edges and the tightness of the trap scared you.

You couldn’t even imagine the pain that would shock through your body if you had been the one falling into the trap.

You felt so bad for the incident. If you didn’t dodge out of the way, Luhan would never have been hurt. You thought this was your entire fault and you began to feel more than guilty.

Trembling, you pried the clamp off of his leg. The wound wasn’t a minor one and it began to darken to a sick black color.

Unknown to you, this type of wound was of the same kind as the one that had affected Xiumin and Chanyeol – the other members of the EXO pack.

Due to Luhan’s vulnerable, weak state, he had morphed back into the boy he was. You could almost see the broken bones in his body just by looking at the wound. It made you sick to your stomach.

Without thinking, you reached over with shaking hands, covering his wounds – you were going to heal him – no matter what.

At that moment, it didn’t matter what Luhan thought of you afterwards. If he really want to know about your abilities, then fine. Let him know.

But you weren’t going to let him die on you now.

He was number four.