54 Similiarities

Sacrifice

Throughout class, you couldn’t help but steal glances at Luhan when he wasn’t watching.

You didn’t know why Luhan had become so different – did you hurt him that much when you left? However, you shook your head thinking you were just over-thinking the whole situation.

What snapped you out of your small daydream was the teacher who called on you to read the next passage in the book, “Najung, start from ‘It was…’,” she stated, her eyes focusing on you.

You could tell that she knew you weren’t paying attention in class, so she was trying to call you out and make you the center of attention. You stared at the page your book had been opened to and you realized that it was the wrong page.

First day in class and you were going to become dubbed as the bad student?

Suddenly, a small breeze was felt in the room which the other people had assumed it was because of the open windows. You, on the other hand, knew better. In front of you, the book’s pages were flipped.

You scanned the new page and you realized where the breeze must’ve come from. It had to be Sehun.

“It was a summer morning…” you began to recite the passage the teacher wanted you to say confidently while you glanced back at Luhan’s best friend.

The rest of the class proceeded quite normally which caused you to sigh in relief.

After class, however, was a bit different. It was break time, so the students were allowed to eat their lunches. You had reached over to unpack the lunch that you had made for yourself when someone’s hand came down in front of you.

“Yu Najung was it?” you recognized the owner of the voice to be Kris who was studying your facial features, “Are you sure?”

Nodding, you replied, “That’s my name, why?”

“It’s funny since I don’t know a Yu Najung,” he replied, those eyes staring right into you.

“I don’t think you know me,” a prompt answer came from your lips, “Why do you think you would know me?”

The boy beside you, Luhan, gave you an annoyed look, “Just who are you really? Why did you call us EXO? We don’t go by a name like that here and the only person who knew us by that name should be ourselves.”

…And me, was what you wanted to say.

You wanted to add on to his sentence. However, you knew you couldn’t say something like that. That was basically telling him who you were – a trap that would cause you to lose this little game.

“The teacher heard me wrong,” you replied softly, thinking back when the teacher had announced your name as ‘Jung EXO’ minutes ago, “I didn’t call you by such a name."

"But even if you didn't say it," the other leader, Suho, came up to you, "You definitely seemed like you had forgotten your name in front of the class. That's not exactly, normal, is it?"

He was right. You did forget you had a different name. However, he couldn't know that.

"Well..." you managed to say, "I was just... nervous, so I couldn't think straight."

The boys didn’t seem to buy your excuse – you didn’t blame them. Who would buy such a lame excuse anyways? – Especially one that was filled with your lies.

You slowly unpacked your lunch as the room began to be filled with the smell of samgyeopsal (Korean BBQ). It was something that you had remembered Luhan had once told you as his favorite Korean food.

Luhan glanced at you with an oddly curious expression as he continued to think about you and your actions.

Was it really a coincidence that the word EXO came from your lips?

Was it a coincidence that you just so happened to bring his favorite food to school as lunch?

Shaking his head quickly, he tried to forget all these thoughts. He had decided that he was definitely thinking too much since there was no way the dead could rise again.

He believed that he was missing you way too much. However, a nagging voice continued to echo in his mind.

It told him that there was no way that the dead could rise again unless it had something to do with you. Your abilities were undeniable.

The EXO boys gave you a long, questionable look before they stood up and headed back to their seats, leaving you and Luhan together once again. He turned around, so he could stare out the window.

Right now, he didn’t want to think about anything at all.

Losing you, he had felt nothing, but sadness. If someone had told him he had gotten depression, he would have believe them. The world felt empty without you.

That hole in his heart couldn’t be filled with anything – not even the sweetest foods. He didn’t even have a chance to say goodbye. The misery seemed to be taking over his mind again as he buried his head into his arms.

Suddenly, a gentle noise of something being set in front of him after the rustling of a bag was heard. Luhan sighed. What were you up to now?

“Here,” you softly said, “…Drink up. It might make you feel just a bit better."

Luhan had glanced over to you, wanting to tell you off, but as his eyes saw what you had handed him, he froze. He didn't dare speak as his eyes met with yours.

How did you know that he liked taro bubble tea?