42 Planning

Sacrifice

It didn't take long for Tao and Chen to race outside with their newest discovery. The rest of the EXO boys didn't take notice to them at first, but after Chen caused one bolt of lightening to strike in the middle of the ground, everyone's attention was directed to them.

"What was that?" D.O grumbled, "Scared the hell out of me. You should all be glad that I didn't unleash a full on earthquake just now."

Luhan spun around to face the two boys, "HEY! We were in the middle of a questioning!"

Kris rolled his eyes as he went over and smacked of the back of Luhan's head, "I know you're panicking right now, but we are still your friends. Don't lose your respect towards us or else we won't help you at all and I know you need it the most right now."

"...Sorry," Luhan mumbled as he turned away from Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

Chanyeol wrapped his around Baekhyun and patted his back, "It's fine. I know the feeling of desperation and not being able to do anything about it."

He recalled the times when Baekhyun had first told him about his medical condition and how that felt. What Luhan was feeling now would definitely be comparable to those times. At least back then he knew about the situation. Luhan, right now, was just completely blind.

"We figured out what happened," Chen began, "Well, Tao did at least."

Tao nodded, "...But you won't like what you're going to hear."

The EXO boys looked at the two of them, confused by their vague words. Tao slowly unfolded his hand, holding it out in front of him. A slip of paper came into view as Luhan came over, taking it with slightly shaking hands. Now it was his turn to have a bad feeling.

"What is this?" asked Luhan frantically, "Tao. Tell me."

The boy took a deep breath as he began to explain, "I had a glimpse of the past and I saw her leave. No one took her. She just left by herself after reading that slip of paper. Someone blackmailed her and forced her to go and the only one I know who would do this and call us creatures are..."

Tao's voice faded as he allowed the rest of EXO to fill in that last word in the sentence. He had no doubt that everyone would know what he would be talking about. Sure enough, he was right.

"...Are you serious? It can't be!" Suho asked in all seriousness, "This isn't something to joke about."

"Do you think I'd use our lives and hers as a joke?" Tao asked, a bit outraged, "I would never do something like that. Don't you guys understand me enough?"

Xiumin nodded, "It's true. We all know that Tao's not capable of doing anything like that – joking about stuff like this."

"I didn't mean it like that," Suho tried to calm the ruffled EXO boys, "I was just making sure that you didn't get the facts wrong. Sorry about the misunderstanding."

Luhan tapped his fingers along his forearm impatiently – nervous, anxious, and worried, "I can't just stand here. If they really have Hayeon, I can't just do nothing. I have to go find her. I have to."

He began to rush out and leave, but Sehun grabbed his arm, "Stop and think for a moment Luhan! You have to realize that you can't just go there without a plan, by yourself. That's equivalent to suicide!"

"Let go of me Sehun! What do you expect me to do?" Luhan shot back, "I promised myself I would protect her! I made one tiny little promise and I couldn't even fulfill it!"

"Calm yourself! Hayeon wouldn't be happy if you get hurt now, would she?" Kris retorted, his voice becoming much more serious – if that was even possible.

Luhan opened his mouth to reply, but he froze. How could he? He had remembered that you had made him promise you that he would not get hurt. His leader was right. He couldn't just go.

Would you really be happy if he was gone? Hurt?

If he really wanted you to achieve happiness, he had to plan this out quick.

"Kris is right," Suho replied, "It's what she's been teaching us to do. We can't let all her efforts go to waste. Besides, she was right. We are stronger together – much stronger."

Sighing, Luhan nodded, "Fine, but this has to be quick. Who knows what they'll do to her! I mean, look at what happened to us. Abuse, torture, and experimentation – it's way too much. You know how weak she is!"

"I wonder what they want with her?" Baekhyun mumbled, "I mean, they probably have done all the experimentation they needed... They did have all of us already and tried to end our lives."

The EXO boys didn't have any idea what they were planning. They just knew that saving you should be their top priority and they can't afford to waste any time.

As a result, they all began to plan how they would get there and how they would fight since fighting would be definitely be unavoidable. They also had to plan what they would do if their opponents had gotten much stronger since the last time they met.

They had been the one to invent the drugs to create abilities and if that drug was indeed perfected, they would've injected themselves with it.

However, they had one major problem. They didn't know how many men they would be up against. During the times of their captivity, they had only met the scientists who were creating the drugs. As they escaped, they had noticed a bunch of other people who were guarding the place.

Since their escape was quick, they never had the chance to see what they were truly up against. Who's to say that those men hadn't gotten abilities by now? Not to mention, they still didn't know if you were now alive or dead.

The boys had to prepare for the worst case scenario.

Sighing, the leaders of the EXO pack gave each other sad, worried looks. They were anxious and they had full rights to be. They just hoped that everyone would be okay by the end of this fight.

You had been right.

They had to really work together on this one.

Strength comes in numbers.