13 Questions

Sacrifice

After a long time of convincing Luhan, you finally got him to help you clean the stupid marker markings off of your face. He sat you down on the sink, so you would be up at his eye level – you were too short otherwise.

For a wolf-boy, he was pretty tall.

“You have to get all of it off,” you mumbled, “Okay? I can’t have my mom think I’m crazy or something with black ink on my face.”

He chuckled, “It doesn’t even look that bad!”

Gently hitting him in the chest, you narrowed your eyes at him, “I look horrendous.”

“And by horrendous I assume you mean cute?” a grin appeared on his face.

You raised an eyebrow and replied without hesitation, “It’s bad to lie, you know?”

He glanced at you and stopped cleaning your face, “What kind of reaction is that? You’re supposed to blush or something, aren’t you? Or at least act cute!”

“What are you talking about?” you looked at him with a weird expression, “Why would I do that?”

“We’re going to be playing the role of boyfriend and girlfriend tomorrow, aren’t we?” he smirked, reminding you of what had happened earlier.

That’s when you averted your gaze, unsure how to respond, “Well… I’m going to tell her the truth, of course. Why did you go and tell her that you were my… m-my…”

“Boyfriend?” he finished for you, “Because I wanted to?”

His answers were always so vague and you honestly weren’t sure how to reply to that. What did he mean by he wanted to? This must be another one of random acts to mess with you – just like the marker incident.

“Whatever,” you began to say, “I’ll just tell my mom that you’re just some stranger I met.”

“And go to that marriage arrangement?” he raised an eyebrow, “What was that all about anyways?”

You sighed as Luhan brought that up. Your mom had gotten the idea that you were just shy, so she tried to pair you up with other boys.

However, none of them suited your tastes.

Your mom searched for boys with good family backgrounds first. Those kind of boys tended to be extreme playboys and they'd always be snobby, thinking they're all that.

The next kind of boys your mom tried to find were those from the middle class. Those boys were really intelligent, but they were less sociable than you. Most of the ones you'd meet with be somewhat shy or have a cold-front put up.

Occassionally, your mom would find boys with good personalities.

However, those boys were ruined by their family's personality. They tended to look down on you for being weak.

Either ways, there was always something odd about them that irked you.

Your mother didn’t give up though. She continued to arrange these marriage interviews or something for you and sometimes, it made you embarrassed.

Actually, you didn’t want to have a relationship like that. You wanted to live alone, die alone, or something like it. In your gut, you didn’t want to burden anyone with your weak health. You also had a feeling that you weren’t going to live long.

You wrist did read five.

At the rate you were going, you probably wouldn’t even stay alive for another five years.

“It’s just something my mom wants me to attend,” you shrugged, “I go, but I don’t really want to… It’s just to satisfy her I think.”

He tilted his head as he finished cleaning your face, “You hate going to them, don’t you?”

“It’s… okay,” you replied slowly, “I don’t hate them I guess. Hate is too strong a word and I –“

“Just by your expression, it’s clear that you hate them,” he replied, but then he smiled, “You know, now she won’t make you go to them anymore since you’ve got yourself a boyfriend.”

Rubbing your temples, you couldn’t help, but sigh, “You’re really a trouble-maker you know. If we’re really going to do this, please behave yourself at least for the day, alright?”

“When do I ever misbehave?” he grinned.

You rolled your eyes, “Oh yeah. You’re the perfect housemate there is. I mean forcing me to cook, drawing on my face, and lying to my mother were definitely examples of behaving.”

Sarcasm was extremely thick in the words you were saying, but it seemed like Luhan completely disregarded it.

“I know,” he nodded, “You don’t need to keep complimenting me.”

This boy was seriously out of his mind.

Maybe you should just call your mother and tell her not to come. You had a feeling that tomorrow was going to go completely wrong and it was going to be Luhan’s fault.

You could just feel it in your blood.

“So I think we should get to know each other jagiya,” Luhan emphasized that last word to each syllable.

You shuddered.

This was going to be a long day.