35 Overreaction

Sacrifice

“Let me go!” Luhan struggled against the strong arms of both Suho and Kris, “I have to go see her!”

Ever since eight in the morning, Luhan had been trying to break into your room after he realized it was locked until Lay realized what he was doing and called the pack leaders who were strong enough to hold him back.

Luhan was completely convinced that something had gone wrong and you were in dire need of his help.

Lay lightly pinched the bridge of his nose as he looked down, “He’s really gone crazy. Seriously. It’s eight in the morning – maybe she wanted some privacy when she slept? She’s a girl after all…”

“Hayeon never locks her door!” Luhan replied immediately, “So it’s weird that she did! Just let me go! I’m serious – she needs me!”

Sehun came by his struggling friend and hit him with a pillow, “Okay, seriously. You need to calm down. You’re an amazing friend and all, but even I can’t defend you about this. It’s only eight. When does she usually wake up?”

After a long pause, Luhan mumbled, “…Ten, but that’s not important.”

Kai raised an eyebrow as his arms folded, crossing against his chest, “Ten? There’s another two hours! Protective, much? Are you obsessed with her? Or are you like a stalker?”

“Kai,” Suho’s eyes narrowed at the boy, “That’s enough.”

Shrugging, the boy just threw his hands up, “Just making a point. You can’t blame a guy for that.”

“Luhan,” Kris began, “You need to stop this foolish. You realize that if you broke into her room, you’re going to wake her, right? What if she’s wearing something revealing? You’d be mistaken as a ert! Do you really want that?”

It seemed as if Luhan was having an internal battle with himself. Of course he didn’t want to be mistaken to be a dirty boy like that. Who would? He just wanted to check to see if you were alright.

Slowly, he began to loosen up in the grasps of the two leaders.

“Of course not,” Luhan sighed, “I just… what if something did happen? I couldn’t live with myself if I don’t go check on her…”

Kai shook his head, “Then why don’t I just teleport in there and check on her?”

At that second, Chanyeol came over and smacked the boy’s head, “Are you guy serious? Did it ever occur to you that Hayeon locked the door because of the several additions to her house?”

He rolled his eyes and then gestured to the rest of the members of EXO and then gave Luhan a weird look.

It was a pretty good excuse since he had came up with it on the spot. It made sense and it didn’t have any suspicions that would be associated with it.

It was the perfect lie for the perfect cover-up story.

“What Chanyeol said makes sense,” Xiumin stated as he came up the stairs, “And because of all the healing he did yesterday for us, you’d expect her to get a little more rest than usual, so when the clock strikes ten, let’s not crowd here again.”

His eyes met with Luhan’s who was still a bit fidgety since there was still that feeling within his heart – unsettled. Something told him that there was something wrong with you – a sixth sense.

However, to be completely honest, there was no reason in his knowledge that something would’ve happened to you. Convinced by his peers, he finally decided to relax.

He continued to repeat in his mind that you were perfectly fine and he was, indeed, overreacting.

Overreactions would only make him seem too possessive in this situation – a bad thing.

“Come on,” Tao called from the stairs, “I think we need to at least practice our abilities if we want to stop those people.”

Recalling what the EXO group had been discussing before, they had decided to train themselves and make themselves stronger, so they can take on their enemies with ease. To be able to do this, they really needed to heighten their abilities.

Kris nodded, “That’s a good idea. Come on, let’s go.”

The members began to head out, following Kris and Tao while Luhan gave the locked door to your bedroom one last glance. Sehun patted his shoulder, trying to reassure him as he passed.

Luhan just let out a small sigh as Sehun smiled.

He gestured Luhan to come along, “Come on. If you truly want to protect her, you’ll have to get stronger, so you can defeat those people who have wronged us.”

Luhan gave Sehun a sheepish smile, “…Yeah, I guess you’re right."

His best friend always knew how to convince him and how to make him feel at least a bit better. Together, the two of them headed out of the house, meeting up with the rest of EXO.

Sehun had made a good point that opened his eyes to a new form of protection.

But first, he needed to get stronger.

Much stronger.