44 The Drug

Sacrifice

The pack of wolves made their way to the shed-like building that Luhan had saw. It wasn't a small or big building – It was something in between. The place was extremely dark and quite unsettling as a result.

Baekhyun became their beacon of light as the entire wolf lit up like the sun in the room, bringing light with him wherever he went. He shined a bright white light as the wolves came in, cautiously watching their surroundings.

"It's too dark," Lay mumbled as he proceeded, following the others, "Are you sure they'd be here?"

D.O shrugged a bit, "I'm not too sure. I mean this place does look quite deserted."

His voice trailed off as the echoing of the paws slowly filled the room. Suddenly a clicking noise echoed into the room, causing all the wolves to freeze, their ears perking up.

"...What was that?" Chen asked, his voice quiet.

Another noise sounded throughout the room. It sounded like a large chain hitting against the wall as it was yanked. The continuous clanging sound caused the boys to realize that they must've stepped into a trap. They all looked down at where they were standing.

A thin bright light shone across from one side of the room to the other – the trigger.

"Yes Lay, Yes D.O," Luhan's eyes widened as he began to back up with the rest of the boys, "I'm sure they are here! Now get out! Move!"

However, they were too late. A large metal cage emerged from the ground, locking the boys in. As the trap rose into the air, keeping the boys from the ground, the noise slowly came to a stop. Frantically, they gnawed and pawed at the metal bars.

This was all too familiar to them and not in a good way. It brought back memories from the past when they were the ones trapped in their own individual cages before and only let out when the experimenters needed them to test out something new.

"I didn't know you were going to come back," a man came into view as he walked out of the shadows, "You should've alerted us. We would've planed a huge welcome party for our favorite creatures."

The wolves began to growl in a low tone, showing their distaste for the man who just shook his head at the boys, grinning widely.

"What did you do with Hayeon?" Luhan's eyes narrowed at the man, "Tell me!"

"Hayeon? Who's Hayeon?" the man began to say as he advanced towards the wolves, "Oh! Do you perhaps mean experiment #218? She came to find us all by herself!"

The words the man said caused Luhan's blood to run cold. Did he really just call her an experiment? That means that he...

"WHAT DID YOU DO WITH HER?" Chanyeol shouted angrily at the man, "I swear if you hurt her, I will personally RIP YOUR HEART OUT WITH MY BARE HANDS."

Chanyeol's words made the man to laugh evilly while his eyes met the boys'. He was having a wonderful time messing with the hearts of his old experiments. The man was sick.

He raised his hand and clapped twice as the boys heard a group of men running into the room. There were about thirty or forty men and they formed two lines around the man. The last two men that came in carried something on a stretcher-like object.

Luhan ran to the far end of the bars, "...Hayeon. HAYEON!"

Kai tried to teleport out of the box at that second, but he realized that he couldn't. The box seemed to have some sort of energy that kept anyone from getting in or out in the form of abilities.

"What did you do to her?" demanded Sehun, anger slowly rising within him.

The man replied calmly, "Nothing yet. I wanted you all to witness me rendering your friend here weak and useless as the consequence of you all running away from me! How dare you all do something like that? I'll teach you all to mess with me. I will kill her right in front of your eyes."

Pulling out a needle from his hands, Luhan couldn't stand by and do nothing. Focusing his telepathic abilities, he attempted to take the needle away from the man. However, something strange happened. His abilties couldn't get through to the man.

Was there something in the way?

"You think you can use your measly, pathetic powers against me?" the man grinned, "I'm older, so I'm much more powerful than you. I have every single one of your powers on me. Every. Single. One. Don't you realize how much more powerful I am? This injection is one of reversal. It takes strengths and changes them to weaknesses."

The boys all met eyes. Did the man think you were powerful? Everyone knew that your health was in an extremely weak state to begin with. What the hell was happening?

However, the answer was answered as the man continued to talk, "I've seen what she can do. She has stronger curing abilities than Lay. She can bring back the dead. I've been watching her. Her powers, I know of them. With this little injection, she will change from the powerful to the weak. She will no longer be in the way of my master plan."

Luhan's eyes widened in horror. He had just remembered that you still had the ability to bring back the dead. Was that what he meant by you being powerful? You still had one more chance at using that ability.

So that's what the man wanted to do. He wanted to weaken you first or else you would heal yourself after killing you. The man had thought your ability came without consequences or limitations – He was wrong, of course.

However, even then, Luhan had no idea what would happen to you if you took that injection.

His hands gripped the metal bars as he watched, unable to do anything.

Pulling out that solution, the man injected it into your system – His eyes full of anticpation of what would happen next. He took a step back as he waited for the drug to completely circulate into your system.

"...Hayeon," a whisper escaped the boys' mouths as they watched in horror.

At that second, your eyes shot open.