25 Care

Sacrifice

Luhan had become so worried about you that he had ignored his newly healed wound and paced around the house, looking for things that would make you better.

He dug through every shelf, every drawer, and every corner of the house to find any sort of medicine or healing items. He had took your temperature earlier and it was about 108°F (42°C).

That was the highest temperature he has ever seen in a living being.

To an extent, it scared him.

He watched you as you began to start sweating and shivering at the same time, leaving him confused as to whether you were cold or hot. Either way, he knew that you should be kept nice and warm, so he wrapped you in a blanket.

A soft whimper was heard from you and anything you said was either confusing or seemed to be unrealistic or strange.

“Please get them away from me!” you mumbled, your eyes closed, “No. NO! Please…! I don’t want to die. I don’t want to die yet!”

Luhan took your hand as he placed a wet towel upon your forehead, “Hey. It’s just a dream Hayeon. There’s no need to be scared. Come on, wake up?”

He knew you had weak body health, but this? This was just too much.

If you had fainted, then at least you appeared to be fine. Seeing people this sick scared him too. It reminded him of his past which really wasn’t that pretty.

Then, he saw your eyes begin to water and a single tear roll down your cheeks. He couldn’t help but wonder what kind of nightmare you were having.

Most importantly, he didn’t know how to calm you down.

It was at that moment that he recalled how you calmed him down earlier – a song. He ransacked his mind for a suitable song and then, he found one.

Though he was unsure how is voice sounded musically, be decided to give it a try.

[Cr: Angel – EXO M]

Blocking the gusts for you, I am your guardian
You’ll always have me even if the whole world turns cold
Anytime you are hurt or sad, I will wipe away those tears
As long as you’re with me, no matter where
Heaven is anytime, anywhere…

He stayed by your side that entire day, hoping you would wake up and then smile at him with that expression of yours. Even if he loved to tease you, he couldn’t deny that he still cared about your well-being.

He was definitely not that heartless that he would leave you here, sick, and doing nothing at all.

All night, he continued to wet the towel on your forehead to keep it cool. It was only after a few hours that your fever actually began to go down, much to his relief.

If you shivered in your sleep, his hand tightened around yours. If you looked like you were having a bad dream, he reached out and ran his fingers through your hair. He literally was there the entire day, the entire night.

After he saw you gradually get better, he made a promise to himself. He was never going to let you use your abilities ever again. If you were already like this now, who knew what would happen if he allowed you to save another person again?

At that time, who’s to say that there won’t be a high possibility that you just wouldn’t ever wake up – the equivalent of death?

Maybe death would be a possibility too.

He didn’t know when he started to care so much about you. At first, he just liked seeing your reactions as you were teased by him.

He liked seeing you angry and annoyed but still care for him. He was curious as to why you acted the way you did, though now he knew.

Smiling softly to himself, he suddenly felt closer to you than he ever did before and there was just no way that he was going to let anyone close to him get hurt – no way at all.

He slowly set his head down on the side of the bed, drifting off to sleep, next to you. It was weird that it was always when he was next to you that he would get peaceful sleep.

Usually he got many nightmares like the one you were having now.

But now, it was relaxing.

However, after what seemed to be a short sleep, he was awakened by an ear-piercing scream – your scream.

“HAYEON?!”