49 Death

Sacrifice

Luhan spent that night outside of your bedroom, asleep on the ground, his back leaning against the wall. Your eyes were stuck gazing at the clock that was literally counting down the last few minutes of your life. You wondered if passing would be painful or if it would just come without any feeling. You hoped it was going to be painless.

When you had heard the last of the lights turn off and no more shuffling of the feet, you pressed your ear against the door, trying to find out if Luhan was asleep. You realized it was all silent, so you slowly opened your door.

Peeking out, you saw a sleeping Luhan in front of you. That was when you opened the door willingly and quietly. You quickly came out of the room and closed the door behind you. Before you left, you bent down to Luhan’s eye level and gave him a sad smile. Your hand reached out and you brushed his bangs to the side. He looked so peaceful right now – asleep.

Slowly, you slipped something into his hands. It was something your mother had given you a long time ago when you were little. She had said that she wanted you to keep a pair of silver necklaces since it was supposed to bound you to the person you loved. It was a silver sun and a silver moon since one helped the other shine. He was the sun to your moon. At least you wanted him to know that his confession wasn’t the wrong choice – you love him too.

You thought it was the perfect gift for the moment since you always felt like Luhan always helped you understand different things. From the start, you had been a girl who hated to be near people who now had no problem being with all of EXO. You had also been someone who was incredibly scared of death, but here you were, sacrificing your life for Luhan.

Leaning close to him, you gave him a small kiss upon his cheek before you tears began to stream down. Life could be so cruel – how come this had to happen to you? What had you done wrong in your life? Sadness flooded you again.

Slowly, you stood up after bidding farewell to Luhan in your heart. You longed for him to hold you, to spend your last moment with him, but you knew that it would only hurt him more. If you escaped from his life, there may actually be a chance that he would forget you more easily since he might grow to hate you for running away.

If you told him your circumstance, he would definitely hold onto you and never let you go. If that happened, you wouldn’t be able to leave quietly and quickly. He would definitely shed tears for you and his heart would break also. You couldn’t allow him to feel such pain if you truly loved him. There was no way that you could do that.

Love really made people do crazy things.

“It’s finally goodbye Luhan,” you mumbled, “Please don’t come looking for me…”

Then, you headed down the stairs and out of the building. Little did you know that out one of the windows, Sehun had been watching you curiously. He didn’t understand what you were doing, but he figured it might have been because you couldn’t sleep since he had seen the saddened Luhan outside your room. He thought the two of you might have gotten into a fight, so you needed time to cool off – a reasonable conclusion. As a result, he just shrugged and crawled back under his covers.

You dragged your feet into the cold woods that was blanketed with a fresh layer of snow. Slowly, you made your way deeper and deeper into the woods. You were careful not to touch any of the branches since it would cause your scent to last.

If the boys had come out to search for you the next morning, you wanted them to find nothing. You glanced at the watch on your wrist – 10 minutes until midnight. You wondered how far you and wandered into the woods.

You didn’t know where this area was. You had gotten yourself lost. However, with ten minutes, you still wanted to find continue. Was it bad that you could almost feel your heartbeat slowing down? Your breaths began to become thick and heavy – coming in short, quick breaths.

Feeling your end was near, your eyes noticed a small cave opening up front. If it weren’t for the snow, you might not even have noticed it.

It was pretty well camouflaged, but a small opening had caused the color to differ from the landscape. You made your way over, slowly climbing into the small cave. With the last energy you could muster, you were able to shove yourself into the opening.

The snow continued to rise as the night went on – snowflakes fluttering from the sky. The opening was then covered, filled and the small cave was concealed in the wintery night.

Rubbing your hands together, you curled up in a fetal position. Your eyelids began to feel heavy as your life slowly flashed back within your mind. You remembered everyone you had saved and you felt happy that they all got another chance in life.

You didn’t regret a single time you had used your ability – especially not the ones you had used for Luhan.

As the last smile appeared on your face, the time ticked onwards.

5.

4.

3.

2.

1.

Your body began to cool, your heart had stopped, no more blood circulated within those veins of yours. Your eyes would never open again, your lips never to curl up into a smile.

You had died on that sad night of victory.


A/N: The story does NOT end here~