10 Untold Secrets

Sacrifice

You weren’t sure what it was, but you could tell that Luhan liked to stay by your side. You weren’t positive why he liked to, but you always saw him around you.

It might’ve been because he liked messing with you or maybe he just wanted to watch over you.

Whatever the reason was, it irked you. It was like having a pesky fly that won’t leave you side no matter how many times you swat at it.

“You know,” you began, your back facing him, “You need to find something better to do then to stick by my side like glue.”

“I’ll do what I want,” he replied, lying on your bed with his head hanging off the edge slightly, “You don’t get to tell me what I should or shouldn’t do.”

Rolling your eyes, you turned away from the window and faced him, “You don’t need to be this cocky you know. What are you doing here anyways? Don’t you have friends or family that would miss you right now?”

A moment of silence passed over before Luhan rolled over, “It’s none of your business.”

However, that didn’t stop you from asking your questions, “Did you know your eyes change color? I’ve seen it yellow, brown, and blue. What are you? Are you a werewolf? You know, the kind that turns every full moon or something.”

That seemed to make Luhan snap. It was almost as if calling him a werewolf was an insult since it caused the hatred expression to form within his eyes.

“Don’t call me that,” his eyes suddenly turned a bright yellow color.

You backed up against the window, a bit unsure if you should be frightened, “…It changed. Again.”

That made Luhan look away instantaneously, “…Sorry. I can’t control it all the time. It’s… a side effect.”

“A side effect?” you asked, “Of what?”

Luhan just blinked a couple of times until he felt like the color had faded away back into his usual dark brown eyes.

It made you curious as to why his eye color changed, but before you could ask anything else, he jumped from the bed and made his way to you.

“Nevermind me,” he stated, “It’s not like you’ve told me what I wanted to hear. What’s wrong with your body and why do you faint so much? Are you sick?”

You wanted to laugh at that statement – you wish you were sick. If you were sick, you could eat medicine or heal yourself. That way, this long lasting weakness that you had to endure would end. This was your side effect of your gift.

“I told you,” you replied, “It’s more like… a curse.”

Luhan tilted his head, “I don’t know about that. You’re always doing something before you faint. Like before, when you fainted outside, I saw you doing something to that deer. You… helped it, right? Not only that, but earlier when you saw something outside the window, I saw a glow – “

“You’re imagining it,” you stated immediately, “It’s absolutely nothing of your concern.”

“Hayeon –“

“I said it’s nothing. Besides, you won’t tell me why you’re here and what you are or how you became like this,” you replied, “So there’s no reason for me to explain either.”

At that moment, Luhan morphed into his wolf form. You knew he wanted to intimidate the answer from you. He wanted to force the truth from your lips, but you just stared back at him.

His low growl still made you have goose-bumps, but this situation was different.

You know how some people can’t answer certain things ever if someone held a gun to their head? Well, this was one of those situations.

Even if Luhan wanted to scare the answer out of you, this was one thing you weren’t going to give up on.

You just weren’t going to tell – no matter what.

There was just no reason for him to know about that gift you had.

There was no reason to explain everything to him. It’s not as if the two of you knew each other well that you’d want to exchange secrets with him.

He was just another person – given, a special person – but a person nevertheless.

Luhan moved towards you on all fours and got into a crouching position. The growling got louder and it looked like he was about to pounce on you, but you didn’t care anymore. You weren’t going to give in this time.

However, you couldn’t lie to your heart.

It was beating rapidly as you became more afraid.

Using all the confidence you had left, you managed to utter, “I won’t say, Luhan. You can’t scare it out of me.”

The wolf just gazed at you for a moment and then he morphed back into a human.

“I’ll get it out of you one day,” Luhan replied confidently, “You can count on it.”