32 Discussion

Sacrifice

After making sure you had regained consciousness and stability, he left to go find out what the situation was with the rest of the EXO pack. Sure, they had gotten away from those scientists – hunters – for now, but what was their next move?

The weapons they had used to hurt Chanyeol and Xiumin, why did they cause the injuries to last? Something was definitely wrong with the whole incident.

It was almost as if those scientists had already perfected their drugs to give people abilities. It was almost as if they no longer needed EXO and have changed their goal.

Instead of capturing them, they now wanted these boys dead.

You watched as Luhan leave and then slowly moved out of the room, eavesdropping on the boys’ conversation downstairs.

“It seems that both Xiumin and Chanyeol will be fine,” Suho stated, “…But that means they no longer need us – they’ve probably already got all the research they need.”

Kris crossed his arms, “If that’s true, we don’t have much time. We have to stop them before they make their move to whatever crazy plan they have.”

“Well, we have our abilities,” Chen grinned as a spark of electricity appeared around his body, “Don’t we have the advantage, anyways?”

Suho rolled his eyes as he sprayed water onto Chen, causing him to feel something similar to an electrocution, “Don’t be so confident. You realize that they can cause wounds that cannot be healed by us on us?”

“I don’t understand why I can’t heal them,” Lay showed some frustration, “I’ve been able to heal all other things, but not this. I just don’t get it.”

D.O made a fist with his hand, “Just let them come at us. I don’t care. I just want to take them down for even daring to hurt us. They’ve messed with the wrong people.”

“Calm down,” Kris sent the boy a look, “Don’t be rash. We don’t even know what they’re capable of.”

Xiumin smirked, “It doesn’t matter. We can just freeze them, can’t we? I’ve got to have some sort of payback since they went so far as to actually inflicting pain on me. No one does that to me – ever – and gets away with it. No one.”

A bright flash of light lit up the room causing everyone to be quiet, shielding their eyes, “Would you all be quiet? You guys sound like a bunch amateurs. Don’t you realize that they’ve grown stronger since the last time we’ve been in contact with them?”

“Baekhyun’s right. They must’ve invented something new,” Luhan paused, “It must be because they realized we won’t become a part of their group – type – of people, so they want to eliminate us before we go against them.”

Tao sat down on the edge of the sofa, his face buried in the palms of his hands, “What are we going to do?”

“Let me go spy on them,” Kai stepped forward, “I can always teleport away if there’s any sort of danger. It’s best if I go. That way, we’ll know what we’re up against.”

“We can’t let you do that,” Suho’s eyes were stern, “It’s much too dangerous.”

Sehun nodded, “Suho’s right. Maybe I should go. I could send a tornado into their laboratory and it’ll destroy everything they have. That way, they’d have nothing – a disadvantage, right?”

Kris narrowed his eyes, “I think what Suho means it that no one can go.”

As the rest of the boys began to bicker, you couldn’t believe what you were hearing. Were their opponents that dangerous

You began to worry and you couldn’t help but wish you were stronger, so you could work with the rest of them to defeat the enemy.

If only you were stronger.

If only.

However, before you could keep thinking, you felt someone pull you into an empty room. You were about to scream, but a hand covered your lips as quick as the speed of light. What was happening?

“Shh,” the voice said, “It’s just me. Please don’t scream."

His hand slowly slipped away from you.

Slowly, you allowed your head to turn around, “…Chanyeol?”