40 Gone

Sacrifice

As the next morning sun rose the next day, each of the boys slowly woke up and headed outside to continue to train to become stronger. They knew that if they wanted to take down their opponents, they couldn't look down and underestimate them.

A series of loud bangs, thuds, and more were heard as a result of their usage of attacks. One after another, the boys worked hard, extremely focused. However, as the time passed on, they realized something odd – you weren't there to help them work together.

"Hey," Lay wiped his forehead with his forearm, "Is she still asleep?"

Tao glanced over at Luhan since he was literally the expert on all things you. Unfortunately, Luhan just glanced at the rest of the boys then at his watch.

"It's only 10:30," he replied, "She's slept later than this before. Maybe she just needs her rest today. She looks so down these days – as if something has been bothering her."

Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other a bit worried since the last and only other time you've ever slept in was when you had used your ability to help them. Now, you were late once more and in their knowledge, you hadn't helped anyone else in the past few days.

They didn't know that you've already used the last of your abilities – rendering you weak and fragile – on Baekhyun's illness since you didn't actually explain your abilities to the rest of the EXO boys. They just knew that you could heal stuff Lay couldn't.

"I think... I think we should still check on her," Baekhyun blurted, "Just to be sure."

Kris chuckled, "I'm sure she's fine. Don't become like Luhan, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a worried glance. He was scared that something did happen to you and if something did, he would regret not checking up on you at this moment.

Chanyeol noticed the worrisome boy and glanced over at Kris and Suho, "Could you just check on her? I don't have a good feeling about this."

However, Luhan noticed something up between the two boys – as if they were hiding something. They hadn't seemed worried at all the last time you had slept in, but now, they were so determined to make sure you were okay.

"Chanyeol. Baekhyun," Luhan's eyes narrowed in on the two boys, "Is there something you'd like to share with us? With me?"

Shaking their heads a bit too quick at Luhan's questions, they merely blurted, "Of course not!"

Only and idiot would believe in the lies that came out of the two boys' mouth. Luhan, on the other hand, was no idiot. He could tell that they were definitely hiding something. However, the feeling of wanting to make sure you were okay began to tug within his heart.

"I'll check on her," Kai stepped forward and then vanished in an instant.

In that instant he was gone, Luhan crossed his arms at the two worried boys: Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

"You two are clearly hiding something," Luhan stated firmly, "Spill it. Why are you so worried about Hayeon now? You two were one of the ones saying I was overreacting last time."

Chanyeol replied, not breaking eye contact, "We're not hiding anything."

If the only person keeping the secret was Chanyeol, Luhan might've believed him. However, the motions that Baekhyun had done at the time, gave away the fact they weren't telling the truth Baekhyun had stepped behind Chanyeol, looking downwards.

Seeing that motion, Luhan narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol and with a single swipe of the hand, he sent Chanyeol flying into Kris. The leader caught the boy, keeping him from any harm.

"Baekhyun," Luhan stated slowly, "What are you hiding?"

The boy, much more easily intimidated by his own members, mumbled something to himself – inaudible to Luhan which frustrated him a bit. Chanyeol, watching the scene, knew that he couldn't tell Baekhyun to not say anything. That would just make the two of them more suspicious.

After being continued to be pressured by Luhan, Baekhyun finally blurted, "We promised Hayeon we wouldn't say!"

The moment he said that, he covered his lips quickly. He had just basically gave away the one secret that you had told the two of them to keep. At that moment, Chanyeol broke away from Kris and went over to Baekhyun.

"Say what?" Luhan's voice became low, "Baekhyun, what wouldn't Hayeon tell us?"

Chanyeol stuffed his hands into his pockets as he came over, coming up with another cover-up story to get the two of them out of this mess. He was going to keep his promise to you no matter what it took.

"She was sick," he began, "That night, she had gotten a high fever and we had heard her stumbling as she tried to get medicine and water for herself. The two of us were going to sneak out of the house, but when we saw her like that, we chose to help her. She didn't want you to worry that she was still not well, so she asked us to keep it a secret."

Luhan wasn't sure whether to believe Chanyeol or not. He just knew that the fever could be true since you had gotten one like it before. However, according to the situation at hand, he could have very well been lying.

Nevertheless, he didn't get a chance to question Chanyeol and Baekhyun anymore.

Kai had teleported back.

"SHE'S GONE!"