61 A Fight

Sacrifice

When you arrived at school the next day, everything was a complete mess. A group of people were crowded by the school entrance and loud shouting was heard. You slowly made your way up to the loud crowd, unsure of what was happening.

However, at that second, a loud thud was heard. It sounded like someone had fallen to the ground. The next thing you heard was what sounded like a punch.

Was this a school fight?

Your eyes widened as you came to realize that it was. The punching and the falling didn't seem to stop. Shoving past the people in the crowd, you made your way into the center of their arena.

On one end, stood none other than Luhan. On the other, there stood an unfamiliar student. He had on a different school uniform which caused you to believe that he didn't attend this school.

You wondered why he was here, fighting with Luhan in the first place. He shouldn't even be here.

Both of the boys had blood running down the corner of their lips and bruises all over their bodies. Though both boys were in horrible states, your heart reacted more when you saw Luhan, the boy you loved, hurt.

As Luhan lunged forward to land another punch, you shouted, "STOP!"

You didn't think that your words would be able to stop Luhan's actions. He didn't find you important enough and you didn't actually matter that much to him, right?

Luhan's eyes glazed over to you, "Najung?"

At that moment, you saw, out of the corner of your eye, Luhan's opponent get up to attack, but you knew better. Pulling off the backpack that you had on your back, you chucked it at the unfamiliar boy.

The bag didn't have too many textbooks in it, so you knew that it wouldn't hurt him too much. It would only keep him from throwing another fist. You, however, didn't stop there.

Immediately, you went forward and grabbed Luhan's hand. Then, without thinking, you pulled him away from the scene. You weren't going to le him do something as stupid as get involved in a fight. That could get him suspended – or even worse, expelled – from school.

You led him to the school nurse's office, so you could treat his new wounds. When you arrived, you pushed him down to sit on one of the patient beds as you rummaged through the cabinets for the appropriate medical items that you would need.

"...You didn't have to do that," Luhan stated, "Getting involved in our fight, I mean."

You spun around him, your eyes slightly glaring at him, "You shouldn't be fighting in the first place!"

It wasn't that you were upset he was fighting. It was more like you were angered that he would allow himself to get hurt in the first place. Couldn't he use his telekinesis or something? He could've prevented a fight like this.

You couldn't bear to see a hurt, wounded Luhan.

Since everything was already messed up for you, you weren't sure if you could even stay to be with him for another week. You may just disappear soon and if this was the state you were going to be leaving him in, you couldn't do it.

If anything, you were going to make him a happier person. That was the least you could do.

"Why do you care?" Luhan asked, "You don't know me – or at least that's what you say. You don't need to care about what I do or what I get myself involved in."

You grabbed a cloth to clean the wounds on his body, "People who you are close with will care. They will care if they see you hurt."

"How do you know I'm close with anyone at all?" he asked, his eyes looking at the focused you who was helping him treat his wounds.

You blinked, "Don't you have friends?"

You remembered how EXO used to stick together so much because they had to watch out for each other's backs. You remembered how they teamed up and worked together to save you.

If those weren't actions of friends, you didn't know what was.

"Yeah, I have friends," Luhan said, his voice barely a whisper, "But the one I was close with is not here anymore. She's gone."

Your movements began to slow down as you heard him mention yourself. You quieted down as you finished cleaning his wounds. You reached over and began to apply medicine.

Luhan noticed your change in behavior as he began to study you closely. A part of him continued to see his 'Jung Hayeon' in this new 'Yu Najung' and he didn't know what to think. Was he trying to replace you with the new transfer student?

It felt so wrong to do so. How could he do something like that to the girl he loves? That would only hurt this 'Najung'.

As you finished applying the medicine, you pulled out a couple of simple, white band-aids for his cuts, "Here. They're white – your favorite color – and next time, please, don't fight anymore."

"He asked for it – " he began to say before he stopped, finally processing the words that came from your mouth.

Did he ever tell you what his favorite color was?