14 Learning

Sacrifice

“Okay,” you began, trying to recite all the facts you were learning about Luhan, “Your name is Luhan and your birthday is on April 20th. You like sports and techie stuff, right?”

Luhan raised an eyebrow, “What do you mean – techie stuff? I like animation, computers, and video games, okay?”

“Again, techie stuff,” you shrugged, “I already remember all the other things you said. It’s just a hassle to repeat it all, you know? Besides, I don’t think my mom is going to ask stuff like that. She’ll just want to know how we met and stuffs.”

“Let me say it this way then,” he stated, “I want us to at least sound believable. I don’t want to be dubbed as a liar.”

Luhan’s eyes gazed into yours and you could tell he was taking this a lot more serious than you were. It kind of made you feel bad since this was your problem, not his. He was helping you – kind of – wasn’t he?

Hopping onto your bed, you crossed your legs, “Fine. Let me try again. Your name is Luhan, a boy from Beijing whose favorite color is white. You like girls who are quiet and gentle. You’re really good with the rubik’s cube and you like sports especially soccer since you play it well. Simple clothes suit your tastes while you love to drink taro bubble tea and eat samgyeopsal (Korean BBQ). You love travelling, but you’re scared of heights since you think they’re too dangerous.”

“I’m impressed,” he glanced at you, “You actually remembered.”

You leaned backwards, using your hands to hold yourself up, “I’m kind of confused though. You sound like a normal boy with a normal background – how did you become a wolf or were you born with that ability?”

The topic seemed to cause him to become a bit stiff. Was it a sensitive topic? What had happened to him? Every time you mentioned his past, he didn’t seem to be too happy. However, it only made you a lot more curious.

“Never mind that,” he mumbled, “Let me see if I got the facts about you right. You were born on March16th and you were born here in Korea. You adapt easily, but you don’t like to be around people too much, so that’s why you live all the way out here by yourself. You’re extremely independent and simplicity with a touch of the artistic style suits you the best. You have perfect pitch and can sing well even though you don’t like to do it publicly. You love music, but you don’t like seeing others hurt. You’re scared of sickness and illnesses a bit. Death, however, is what you’re truly afraid of.”

You nodded slowly, “You’ve got it.”

“But really,” Luhan began, “Why do you hate people so much? And also, you know that death comes naturally, right? It’s actually not that scary.”

He really didn’t know anything. Death becomes scary when you know it’s coming and you can’t accept it. That was what caused you to be afraid – you didn’t want to leave the world of the living just yet. You just didn’t.

“…It’s scary if you know you will die soon and you can’t do anything about it. It’s scary if you know that you can’t help but end up dying because of your actions,” you mumbled.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Luhan looked at you with a confused expression, “What do you mean by that?”

“It’s nothing,” you tried to smile at him, but he didn’t buy it.

“Nothing always means something,” he replied, “Spill it.”

You tried to walk by him, “I said that it’s nothing.”

However, he grabbed your arm and pulled you back to face him. At that moment, he noticed something weird.

“…Is that a five on your wrist?” his eyes focused in on the number that was almost like it was tattooed on your wrist, “What the hell?”

You tried to pull your hand back, but his grip was strong. Was Luhan always this strong?

“It’s none of your business!” you replied, a bit too loudly.

That only made Luhan realize you were hiding something from him. However, you knew you were not obliged to tell him. It’s not like he told you about his past either.

“What are you hiding?” Luhan asked again.

This time, you were able to yank your arm back after using all your strength, “Why should I tell you? You don’t tell me about your past either.”

“…Hayeon.”

“Just forget about it, alright? It’s none of your concern. Anyways, we know enough about each other, don’t we? I think we’ll be fine tomorrow.”

With that, you quickly walked out of the room, leaving Luhan a bit dumbfounded and filled with curiosity.


A/N: Facts about Luhan should be mostly real I did a little bit of research XD