48 Heartbroken

Sacrifice

A/N: Reminder! The drug made her healthier, yes, but the reason for her death is because of that curse not her health. Curses aren't affected by how healthy a person is, so even if she's healthy, her death will still come when her time runs out. Her time isn't controlled by health issues.


The EXO boys had found themselves lounging around your television after dinner. They had decided to watch some scary movie they had found because they thought it would be thrilling and exciting. After what they had just gone through, they knew that nothing could possibly scare them.

You had crawled into one corner of the sofa while Chanyeol and Baekhyun were in the other. Baekhyun had found his way onto Chanyeol’s lap as the two of them snuggled against each other.

Xiumin had followed Kris and Suho to the kitchen to grab refreshments for everyone. Xiumin used his ability to chill everyone’s drinks, so they wouldn’t have to use ice that melted quickly and made the drinks taste weird.

Baekhyun, D.O, Tao, and Chen had sat down with each other in individual chairs they had pulled up together in front of the television. Each of them was somewhat scared, but not to the point they had to hold onto someone to watch the movie.

Unlike those four, Kai and Sehun sat next to each other on the floor. Occasionally, Sehun would jump at an intense scene and he would hide behind Kai. Kai would then laugh and ruffle his hair while Sehun’s lips would form a small pout, hitting the older boy with a sofa cushion.

You were in the same situation was Sehun. Luhan had sat in the middle of the sofa between you and the Baekyeol couple. He would glance at you occasionally and he would see you flinch or hide your face between your hands. Smiling to himself, he knew that you were definitely scared.

Before Xiumin and the leaders could come back, he slowly made his way off the sofa and grabbed your hand. You looked at him confusedly, but you allowed him to pull you out of the room. He led you up the stairs and into your room as he closed the door behind him.

“What are you doing Luhan?” you blinked as you looked at him, “Aren’t we watching that movie with the rest of EXO?”

He leaned against the wall as a smile spread upon his face, “I’m doing this for you. You were scared, weren’t you?”

Clearing your throat, you glanced away, “W-What? Scared? I was not! No way…!”

Your words came out in a tone that was unconvincing to Luhan – I mean, it wouldn’t have convinced you either. It was a bit broken and in somewhat of a stutter. Not to mention, you had broken eye contact too. There was absolutely no confidence in your voice.

“Nevermind that,” he chuckled, “I have something I want to ask you.”

“Ask?” you tilted your head, “About?”

A small pause followed your question as Luhan struggled to find the right words to say. It was his first time to be so blunt and it made him a bit nervous. However, he wasn’t about to reveal his own nervousness.

“Well, do you remember earlier today when you revived me?” he began to say, “I know you can revive people just by holding onto their hands and such to transfer life and energy into their body, but as I recall, I got something different. You kissed me.”

Recalling the incident, you cheeks became a light pink as you looked away. You didn’t think he had actually realized what had happened. How should you explain this?

“Um,” your mind seemed to become a blank slate, “Well… I guess that could’ve happened. I don’t actually quite remember… and…”

Your voice trailed off as your continued talk until it became inaudible. Your heart had started racing and you weren’t sure how to reply. It was then that your eyes widened as you noticed Luhan approaching you. Why did this feel like déjà vu from when your mom had pushed for you and Luhan’s marriage and follow-up pregnancy?

“Come here,” Luhan gestured you to approach him.

You shook your head, “…I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

Luhan rolled his eyes a bit playfully and then gestured you to go near him once again, “I just want to tell you something – a secret, if you will.”

However, you didn’t move but had suspicions against him. Together, the two of your eyes gazed into one another. After some amount of time, you finally took that first step towards him, closing the gap between the two of you.

Swiftly, Luhan’s hand reached out and pulled you towards him. The two of your bodies collided against each other as his head lowered down by your ear.

“I’m in love with you,” Luhan whispered.

His words sent a sweet sensation down your spine, but even so, you placed your hands against his chest, pushing him away.

It wasn't that you disliked him or didn't love him. It wasn't anything like that at all. Back when you had saw a lifeless Luhan in front of you, you had realized that you had fallen deeply in love with the boy. That feeling was unmistakable.

However, it was also because of that incident back there that caused you to keep him away.

The boy stumbled back, a bit shocked at your actions. He had been convinced that you must’ve liked him if you had used a kiss to revive him. There was no reason for you to kiss him if you didn't love him.

There was no reason at all.

However, his confusion caused him to miss that emotion that flashed upon your faith for that one second – pain. He didn't know that his words, his confession, almost broke your heart.

What meaning did a confession have if it meant that the two of you couldn’t be together? You couldn’t even bring yourself to look at the boy. Was this really what fate and destiny had planned out for you? It was just too cruel.

In the quietest voice you could muster while pushing him out of the room, you managed to utter, “…Please forget about me.”

Then, you closed the door in his face, locking it. You couldn’t hold back those tears anymore. Your knees felt weak as you slowly collapsed by the door, inside your room.

Outside, Luhan could hear those muffled cries. His hand reached out to knock on the door again, but he knew that you wouldn’t see him anyways. He didn’t understand why your actions were the way they were.

Maybe if he just left you alone this one night, you would be okay the next day?