58 Lies

Sacrifice

Somehow, you managed to convince EXO that it was all a misunderstanding. You had written that song because you were trying to express that you were a imaginative and creative girl – not that Luhan was a wolf.

You had told them that it was just a misunderstanding of sorts and that you didn’t actually confess your feelings to Luhan at all since the two of you had just met.

Those were the biggest lies that had ever been spoken by you.

At the time, the reason you added the last line that told him that you loved him was because you never had the chance to tell him it face-to-face.

You adjusted your glasses uncomfortably as you made your way down the hallway. You wondered if class had resumed or was Tao still using his ability.

Maybe you should never have so confidently told Hamin you trusted Luhan.

At the moment, it felt like Luhan had completely forgotten that you existed. It felt like he had completely forgotten that you were once the person he fell in love with.

Luhan seemed to only be focused on the fact that you knew more than you were supposed to.

That mindset was never going to be enough for him to notice you.

It was nearly impossible for Luhan to fall in love with you at this stage. Of course, you didn’t want to give up so easily. If you did, you knew you would regret it for the rest of your life.

This mask you were putting on wasn’t helping at all. The story of your curse was right. The Death God was one that was extremely cunning.

You bet he knew that you could never win his little game at all.

This was all his elaborate scheme for the last living spirit within you would be tired out. This whole situation was only going to benefit him.

How could you have been so stupid?

To think you had completely believed that you were going to win against the God of Death, the thought was ridiculous.

Slowly, your feet came to a stop as your back hit the wall.

A song always soothed the listener – well at least, that’s what you believed anyways.

You remembered the time when you sang to make Luhan feel better when you had questioned him about the scars on his body.

Maybe, if you just sing a song right now, you’d feel better too. Just maybe you will feel better and you will slowly have your spirits lifted. You just wanted to feel happiness right now. You wanted to a lot.

Was this a side effect from being around the God of Death too long? This negativity wasn’t like you.

[CR: Mask – Juniel]

Twinkle twinkle little star
When the cold moon rises in the silent night sky
I take off the mask that warmly smiled
And trample and smash it…

Don’t deny it, this is me
Don’t deny it, that is you

People have two faces
They are trying to turn away
People are trapped in several boundaries
They are just pretending not to notice

Don’t deny it, that is me

Your eyes began to water as you allowed your head to rest against the wall. Your head was tilted at such an angle that kept the tears from dripping down the corner of your eyes. The sadness was quite overwhelming and you didn’t know what to do.

Why did all the bad things have to happen to you and only you? You missed the warmth of his smile. You missed the comfort you found in his arms. You missed the way his eyes gazed at you.

You just missed his everything.

As your hand reached up to wipe your wet eyes with your sleeve, you heard a voice that came from your right.

Slowly, you turned your head to find out who was talking. In front of you stood the one you had been yearning for. He was so close, but at the same time, so far.

"...Luhan?" you asked as you began to pull yourself together, standing up, "What are you doing here?"

The boy gave you an odd look before he took a step forward, "You're not who you say you are, are you? You're not really Yu Najung, right?"

Clearing your throat a bit, you replied, "No. That is who I am."

However, Luhan's eyes didn't seem to believe you at all. Without any hesitation, he retorted with a bit of irritation in his voice.

"Would you please stop lying to me?"