59 Resemblance

Sacrifice

“I’m not lying to you,” you replied quickly – maybe even a bit too quickly, “I told you! You’re imagining everything. It’s all just a coincidence.”

At the moment, you honestly didn’t know what you did now that would cause Luhan to be suspicious of you. Didn’t you just somewhat clear up the forced misunderstanding between you and the EXO boys?

Luhan’s eyes didn’t soften, “Don’t you dare play innocent with me. Who are you? Or, the better question is, what are you? How do you know so many things about me, about EXO, about everything? That song you sang just now, that wasn’t a coincidence, was it?”

Coincidence? The word echoed in your mind a few times. You didn’t know what he was talking about. You were about to open your mouth and demand him to explain what he meant, but you realized it. This was the same song you had sung to put Luhan to sleep.

How could you have been so careless? You wanted to hit your head against a wall or, at the very least, face-palm yourself.

Luhan had always been a bright boy. The moment your eyes widened, he noticed. He saw how the expression on your face changed to one of realization and that almost gave it away.

How could the girl in front of him remind him of the girl he loved so much? How did you remind him of Jung Hayeon? You had died. The dead don’t come back to life.

At the same time, he knew that something wasn’t right about this Yu Najung. The new transfer girl had done too many strange things. After the crazy introduction on your first day of school, he could sense something suspicious about you.

You had forgotten your name. You had addressed them by EXO. You had brought both of Luhan’s favorite foods. You wrote about him being a wolf and ended the song with ‘I love you’.

Now, he had caught you singing the song that you had sang to him that night the two of you spent together.

Maybe you didn’t notice it, but he had been keeping his eyes on you.

“What coincidence?” you mumbled, “It’s just a song.”

“Just a song? It’s really just a song to you?” he raised an eyebrow, but when you nodded, it was clear that he had become a bit upset, “It’s not just a song. It’s the same song that was sung to me by the person I love the most. It’s the same song that came from her lips before she passed away, but I’m sure you knew that too.”

You crossed your arms, challenging him a bit, “Well, to me, it’s just a song. What do you mean you’re sure I knew that too? How am I supposed to know about your personal life? Luhan, would you please stop over-thinking everything about me?”

Luhan didn’t hesitate to reply, “What do you expect me to think after seeing what you’ve done? You know too much and there are just too many of your so-called ‘coincidences’ for me to think this is all by chance!”

“Well, maybe, this isn’t all chance!” you blurted.

Your eyes widened as you realized what you had said. Immediately, your hands flew up and covered your mouth. What did you just get yourself into?

Now, everything was going to go out of control. You couldn’t tell him who you were, but since you had just said such a thing, you knew that he was definitely going to demand an explanation – one that you didn’t have – at least, not yet.

“What did you say?” Luhan’s voice became quiet again.

Immediately, you began to walk towards him, “I’m going back to class.”

However, as you walked past him, he held out an arm, stopping you from going. He wanted an explanation at that second. You pushed his arm out of the way, but he moved in front of you.

Adjusting your frames once more, you tried to push past him. However, Luhan was just as stubborn as you. He tried to keep you from going. In the small struggle, Luhan and you were both unwilling to give up.

As a result, when you tried to get past him, he had accidentally knocked those glasses off of your face and for the first time, he had finally gotten a good look at you.

You didn't realize it since your vision had indeed gone bad with Hamin's change that he had made upon you. Your hands struggle to find those glasses, so you could leave.

The sooner you got away from Luhan, the better it would be. You weren't prepared to be faced with all his questions yet.

However, what you didn't realize was that Luhan had already picked up those frames.

He didn't hand them over to you, because he had noticed something else that was very peculiar. His eyes gazed into yours as you slowly realized that the glasses weren't on the ground.

You looked up at him and he looked at you.

He didn't quite understand what he was looking at – or rather, who he was looking at. Though your appearance had completely changed, there was one thing that was unmistakably clear about you that stood out to him.

With a curious and surprised voice, he made you freeze.

"...Why do you have her eyes?"