53 Changed

Sacrifice

Hamin had gotten you transferred to the school EXO had gone to attend. The boys had to go attend school since they hadn’t actually finished high school when they were taken by the experimenters.

Attending school was mandatory which mean that they didn’t exactly have a choice in the matter. The most reluctant one to attend school was none other than Luhan.

Ever since he had realized you had passed away, he couldn’t feel anything but pain and sadness. It caused him to distrust the people around him – sometimes even the EXO boys. If it hadn’t been hard enough to get close to him before, it was definitely harder now.

You adjusted your cute black frames that you had now begun to wear due to your eyesight. Your hair was no longer a dark brown color – it was now black with light brown highlights. However, one facial feature remained the same – your eyes.

Hamin had changed the things he thought would be noticed and left the things that he felt wouldn’t attract any attentions. Your voice had also been changed as well as your figure. He had made you a bit more attractive – if you will – just to temp Luhan.

He wanted to see just how faithful he would tried to be or if he would fall for some random other girl. Hamin had made sure to emphasize to you that Luhan had to fall for you, Jung Hayeon, not this random girl he had created with his own two hands. He’d even given you a new name – Yu Najung.

The last name was the same as his because he had insisted on being your ‘guardian’ as you assumed this new identity. This way, he could watch over you and make sure you hadn’t been breaking any of the rules he had created.

Of course, you were afraid that you might lose against Yu Hamin, but you knew that you had no other choice but to try. You didn’t exactly have anything to lose.

Hamin had dropped you off at the school and you took a deep breath. School had already started and you realized you were late. However, you didn’t exactly care. You weren’t here to learn but to spark old feelings.

As you slowly walked into the school, you headed for the main office to receive your schedule. According to Hamin, he was able to pull some strings and allow you to be placed in all the same classes as Luhan. Both excited and nervous, you didn’t know how to face the boy.

You couldn’t be too happy or else that would arouse suspicion. If suspicions were raised, people wouldn’t stop asking you about your identity and more – a trap that if you fell in, you’d lose. However, if you were too nervous, that’d make you seem like the weird girl that no one wanted to be near.

That couldn’t happen either.

You continued to debate about how to face Luhan as you shuffled down the hallway. Your arms held your class textbooks tightly against your chest. A couple of slow, deep breaths were able to calm you down as you arrived at the correct classroom.

Beyond this door was going to be the EXO boys that you had once cared so much about. Your heart began to thud loudly against your chest, your hands gripping onto those books even harder. You had to remind yourself that you were an entirely different person now and they would never be able to recognize you.

Slowly, you pushed open the door.

The teacher turned to glance at who had arrived. Her eyes didn’t exactly look too thrilled since she had realized that you were late on the first day in class. Nevertheless, she sighed gently as she set down the chalk with which she had been writing with.

“You’re finally here,” her voice was stern as she crossed her arms, “Very well. Class, we have a transfer student today. You, introduce yourself.”

Well, the teacher surely didn’t seem like the friendliest woman on the planet, but you didn’t mind that much. It had been your fault for being late anyways. You made a mental note for you to arrive a bit earlier the next day.

In a soft voice, you began your introductions, “Hello. It’s nice to meet you. My name is Jung – “

However, you hesitated as you realized what you had said. It was the wrong name – it wasn’t Jung Hayeon anymore but Yu Najung.

Suddenly, you felt like there had been someone staring at you intensely. Your eyes slowly made their way over to the boys sitting in the back of the room.

“…EXO,” you muttered quietly to yourself.

You couldn’t believe they were here. However, before you could continue to stare right in the eyes of the boys that were watching you carefully, intrigued that the part of the name you had accidentally was that of their deceased friend, your teacher spoke.

“Well, isn’t that an odd name?” she stated, “Jung EXO?”

Shaking your head frantically, you waved your hands, “It’s Yu Jung – I mean it’s Yu Najung!”

You wanted to hide your face behind your hands. Already on the first day, you had forgotten your own name. How embarrassing. You bet that people had already thought of you as a freak.

“Well, Najung,” your teacher gave you a strange expression, “You can sit back there by… Luhan.”

It had been the only open seat in the class. When the teacher finished her sentence, a couple of murmurs were heard which you thought was a bit weird.

However, you didn’t that it was a big deal. Though you couldn’t exactly make out what they students had been saying, you could tell by judging their expressions – it probably wasn’t that great of a thing. They seemed a bit… worried for you.

You quickly made your way to the back of the room thinking you were lucky to be able to already be placed in a seat by Luhan. You had originally believed that if you could become a part of his life, it would be a lot easier for you to win Hamin’s little game of life and death.

Smiling, you sat down in the seat, turning to face Luhan, “Hey.”

You expected him to reply with a teasing expression or at least greet you back. You expected him to give you that smile you had always seen upon his lips. You expected him to be the nice, warm Luhan you once knew.

However, your world came collapsing down when Luhan gave you a cold glare.

“Don’t talk to me.”