37 A Happy Front

Sacrifice

"You realize you guys are really loud, right?" you rubbed your temples and then stretched your arms out, "I had a hard time sleeping in there."

Luhan placed his hands on your shoulders as his eyes roamed over you, checking to see if you were alright. Once he was sure he saw nothing wrong with you, he gave out a big sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness you're fine," he patted his chest, "We were so worried!"

Kai raised an eyebrow, "We?"

You couldn't help but sigh in relief subtly too. You were glad that Luhan didn't notice that the one that was on your wrist had disappeared. However, to avoid any suspicion that may end up getting raised, you decided to pretend that everything was fine.

You were going to put up a happy face.

Smiling, you replied, "Of course I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

Luhan rubbed the back of his neck, "Well you did wake up later than usual."

"That's nothing to worry about," you reassured, "I promise. I was just a bit more tired today – I'm not quite sure why though. Did I worry you all too much? If so, sorry."

"Okay. What's with the 'we' and 'you all'?" Kai shook his head, "As I recall, it was only Luhan who was threatening to break down your door to see if you were okay. Only. Luhan."

Kai emphasized Luhan's name a couple of times to make sure you had gotten his point. Luhan just averted his gaze, clearing his throat a couple of times.

"H-Hey," he began, "I'm sure you were all worried too!"

Kai crossed his arms, "Yeah. Worried is one thing – panicking is another. You were panicking – like, legit panicking."

"Psh, whatever," Luhan waved his hands, gesturing Kai to leave, "Just go practice or something!"

You laughed at their interaction. Did he really worry about you that much? It was hard to see a Luhan who had lost his cool. Usually he was just playful, serious, or just cute – never panicked. He always seemed to be in his right mind.

Shrugging, Kai teleported away, leaving you and Luhan together. As he did so, your eyes focused back on Luhan who was having a hard time meeting your eyes.

"...You must think I'm a freak now," he mumbled, clearly unhappy, "That damned Kai... I swear I'm going to kill him when I get the chance."

Rolling your eyes as a smile appeared on your face, "Of course I don't think that. It's... kind of cute that you care so much."

Luhan blinked a couple of times as he tried to keep his jaw from dropping. Did you really just call him cute?

"Wait," he looked at you in disbelief, "Cute?"

You nodded, smiling widely, "Yeah. Cute. Why? Do you not like it if I call you that?"

It wasn't a lie. To care for a person so much, it was just cute – romantic was another way to say it and give off the same meaning.

"Well, I don't really mind," Luhan chuckled, "I've just never been called that before – but then again, I've only ever been surrounded with my messed up parents, those insane scientists, and my EXO friends."

You nodded, understanding his situation. What he said made a point. Pausing for a moment, you gestured him to come closer as your eyes sparkled in the light.

Luhan gave you a look of uncertainty before you gestured him once again. Slowly, he came closer, leaning down to your eye-level.

At that moment, you allowed your hands to find their way upon Luhan's shoulders as you tip-toed upwards, your head leaning in towards him, planting a soft kiss upon his cheek.

It was clear that it left Luhan stunned as you pulled away, laughing softly, "Thank you Luhan, for caring so much."

Luhan's hand came up and touched his cheek gently, wondering if this was a dream. However, a loud thundering noise was heard as it disrupted the moment between the two of you. Your attention focused on the activity that was going outside.

You knew it had to be Chen - he was the one with ability like that.

"Is EXO training?" you tilted your head as you made your way over to the stairs, "I want to see!"

Your head spun around to face the still stunned Luhan as he blinked a few times as he snapped back to reality. He turned to face you as shook your head at the poor daydreaming boy.

"Luhan, you coming or not?"