45 Unexpected

Sacrifice

Your head hurt as you slowly regained consciousness. You heard many different people shouting your name, but you couldn't understand why. You still hadn't quite regained your focus yet.

Your eyes fluttered open, but it didn't focus as well as you would like. It was at that moment when you heard an extremely familiar voice. It started off quiet but then, he began to scream.

"...Luhan?" your head swiveled towards the source of the noise, "Luhan!"

You tried to get up and make your way over to him, but something didn't feel right. A surge of pain overflowed your body as you screamed in agony, falling to the floor. What was happening? Why did your body hurt so much? You body felt like it was on fire.

The boys saw the scenery that was ocurring and they realized that the drug might actually be working. It really was weakening you.

Luhan saw you in writhing in pain in front of him and he couldn't believe that this was really happening to you, "STOP HURTING HER!"

The man that was standing beside you drew a gun from his waist, cocking it, "Oh don't worry. In a moment, this will all be over. She'll just... die. She won't feel anything after that."

The look on the man's face was one that was full of insanity and evil. It caused Luhan to want to smash his face into a wall, but since your life was literally placed in that man's hands, he couldn't do so. He wouldn't know how to cure you let alone help you.

"I'll help her when I get the chance," Lay forced a smile at Luhan, his hand placed upon his shoulder.

However, the man shook his head, "Don't waste your energy. You can't save her with that stupid, weak healing power of yours. Didn't you realize that those wounds on Chanyeol and Xiumin could not be healed? We've already created an ingredient that prevents your feeble ability of healing to work."

"What do you want with us?" Suho growled furiously.

As the leader, he couldn't take it anymore. This wasn't something any humane person would do! He hated the feeling of being weak and useless, the feeling he was seriously receiving at that moment.

"I want to eliminate you," the man replied simply, "Eliminate. Destroy. Kill. I can't have anyone foiling with my plans later in the future."

His eyes focused onto the curled up you on the ground, trying to catch your breath. The gun in his hands rose and pointed at you, "...and I'm going to start my elimination from her. That drug will render her useless and weak and she won't be able to revive anyone. I can't have her bringing back those I kill."

However, at that moment, you could feel the fiery pain within you subsiding. Though the pain subsided, you could tell something wasn't right. You had heard the man say that you were supposed to become weak. The weird thing was that you didn't feel like your body was drained of power or energy.

Instead, you felt rejuvenated. You hadn't felt better in ages. That was when you suddenly recalled what had happened after you left your house to come here. The man had told you he was giving you a drug that would turn the powerful to the weak.

That must mean, the drug should work in the opposite way – it would turn the weak into the powerful.

You had already used up all ten of the tries you can revive people which mean that you were already in your weakest state. Slowly, you took a deep breath and glanced to the side, so the gun was in your view.

As you watched the man begin to pull the trigger, your hand reached over and crushed the opening of the gun – the place where the bullet would come out of was blocked. Grinning, you stood up, your eyes narrowing at the man.

"You messed with the wrong girl," you smirked, "Next time. Get your information right before you begin injecting drugs into people."

Your eyes glanced over at the caged EXO and you gave them the slightest nod. Chanyeol and D.O gave each other a knowing look and they pushed the rest of the EXO members aside. They weren't going to lose to you in terms of strength.

A loud and trembling rumble began to shake the ground due to D.O's ability to control the Earth. At that moment, a couple of opening in the ground began to form and then, a streak of fire and lava bursted up, vertically. That hot fire melted the metal bars that had caged in the EXO boys.

As the boys began to fall to the ground, Luhan focused his mind onto every single one of the boys. Instead of falling at the normal rate, Luhan's telekinesis allowed them all to slowly hit the ground.

The lava begin to clear and ground slowly became still again. The boys slowly stood up one by one as you made your way over to them.

"You idiot..." Luhan gave you an angry look, "How could you just leave us without saying anything? Hayeon! What were you thinking?"

He seemed upset due to worry and he couldn't help but lecture you. However, you didn't say anything. You just slowly made your way up to him and your arms wrapped around his waist.

"I'm sorry for worrying you," you mumbled softly, "I'm so, so sorry. If I didn't come, they said they would hurt you and the rest of the guys. I couldn't let that happen. I just... couldn't."

Sehun came up beside Luhan, "We can take care of ourselves just fine, so don't worry."

Nodding, the thirteen of you turned to face the shocked man. He couldn't understand what had just happened. You were supposed to be at his knees and begging for mercy! How did you still have that strength to get rid of the gun? That's not what should've happened at all!

However, he wasn't going to give in that easily. You saw his expression become darker and darker as the anger within him built up rapidly. A loud thundering noise was heard and the men that he had gathered all glanced at him. Once he had gotten everyone's attention, he took a deep breath.

"All of you," he began to say, his voice low and dangerous, "Attack and leave no one alive."