26 Kai

Sacrifice

You had been having nightmares ever since you realized you had passed out. Each nightmare was worse than the last. With each passing second, you realized that all the dreams were pointing to one thing.

If you had believed in warning sigs or bad omens, these were it.

All of them ended with your death. Every. Single. One.

However, after awhile, they seemed to lighten up. Someone was chasing them away for you and all you could feel was relief. You could hear someone reaching out to you – a voice. It didn't take long for you to finally recognize that the voice belonged to Luhan.

It was only after the identification did your dreams begin to change. They were no longer of your death. They changed into dreams about someone else's death. It was Luhan's.

As the most recent dream depicted Luhan's death with one gunshot piercing through his heart, your eyes widened and you shot up from bed – awakening from what seemed to be the longest dream you had ever had. It felt like it had been forever since you last saw sunlight.

Then, your eyes began to focus and then, you saw something. Right in front of you was an unfamiliar boy. At first, he didn't move and all you did was stay silent and still, observing him.

His hair was pushed back with a bandana and his eyes gave you the most deadliest stare.

It sent shivers down your spine.

He glanced down and he noticed Luhan passed out beside you and one thing lead to another, he got the idea that you had harmed him.

Within seconds, the unfamiliar boy had appeared right beside you with his hands around your neck, strangling you.

His strength was beyond your comprehension. All you could do with that last breath of air was let out an ear-piercing scream.

"HAYEON?!" Luhan blurted as he stood up, face to face with someone strangling you.

Within an instant, you saw Luhan's eyes narrow at the boy and the boy began to choke. His grip on your neck weakened and you quickly scrambled up, slightly stumbling behind Luhan.

"What the hell, Kai?" Luhan spoke with a bit of venom in his words, "You don't go and strangle people without figuring out the situation first."

Kai's hands flew to his throat as Luhan's eyes softened a bit which allowed the stranger to fall to the ground, finally being able to breathe again.

"Who is she, Luhan? Who the hell is she that she's worth strangling me for? I'm your friend goodness's sake!" Kai asked, coughing lightly, as he regained his stance, "Do you know how long it took us to find you? You had us so worried!"

This 'Kai' person seemed to be angry and annoyed at the same time while Luhan kept his cool. However, he didn't let you leave his side since he believed that Kai would jump at another chance to hurt you. Just to be safe, he wasn't going to let you out of his sight just yet.

You, on the other hand, was a bit shaken. How did Kai even get in your house and how did Luhan manage to make the other choke without laying a hand on him?

"She saved me," Luhan replied slowly, "Her name is Jung Hayeon. I'm sorry that you were worried, but I was chased from the usual path I took to the shelter and I got lost, so I stayed with her for the time being. I knew you guys would find me, so I didn't actually bother to find you. It's too dangerous for me to anyways. You know that they want me the most."

Pulling on his arm, you glanced up at him, "What are you talking about? What's dangerous? Who wants to find you? Who wants you?"

Kai's gaze fell upon you curiously, "You... haven't told her?"

"Tell me what?" you asked immediately, curiosity building within you.

"She doesn't need to know," Luhan replied, "It'll only scare her."

That made you even more curious. What would scare you? Did it have something to do with dying? Was that why it would scare you? You couldn't even count the numerous questions that built up in your mind.

There was just way too many.

Kai took a step closer to you, "She's that weak?"

"Don't," Luhan said firmly, "You don't know anything about her. She has her own reasons that you don't need to know."

"Now you're keeping secrets?" Kai's expression turned to one of annoyance, "Fine. You want to do it that way? Then let me let you on another secret."

Luhan gave Kai a weird look, "What is it?"

The atmosphere took a turn for a more serious feeling. Kai paused for a second, looking you and Luhan in the eyes, without saying a word.

Then, in a soft low voice that was barely a whisper, he stated his 'secret.'

"Xiumin and Chanyeol are dying and there's nothing we can do to stop it."