57 Planning

Sacrifice

The situation quickly escalated from bad to worse. Instead of answering Luhan’s question like a normal person who was trying to pretend they weren’t keeping any secrets, you bailed. Your hand shot up and you had asked the teacher if you could use the restroom.

Splashing the cold water upon your face, you sighed, muttering to yourself, “What am I doing? Am I trying to dig a trap for myself? EXO will definitely be suspicious of me now. If not all of EXO, at least Luhan is.”

Ruffling your own hair in annoyance, you stared at your own reflection in the mirror.

This game Hamin was playing was just full of traps. If you tried to hint to Luhan that you were the person whom he was grieving over, then Luhan would want confirmation.

That meant you would lose.

If you tried to pretend to really be an entirely different person, Luhan would never accept you, because he had shut out all of his emotions and became ice cold.

That also meant you would lose.

If you tried to be another person who just so happens to know things about EXO that you shouldn’t, you’d be regarded as a stalker.

Guess what? That meant you’d lose too and as of right now, they probably think you were that third ‘if’. You wouldn’t be surprised if they really thought of you as one already. Your behavior yesterday and today didn’t exactly deserve much trust.

You didn’t know what your next step should be. You weren’t even sure if you should care how the boys regarded you as anymore.

Again and again, you ransacked your brain for answers. The real question that was on your mind was how you could win this game and save your ancestors from eternal hell while preserving your love life with the wolf boy.

If you couldn’t say anything, that meant that any form of confirmation was out of the question.

You couldn’t confirm anything the boys said – which made the entire situation a thousand times more troublesome.

Hamin had said that Luhan had to fall for your heart. When he said that, you didn’t quite understand what he meant, but when he emphasized that he wasn’t supposed to fall for this random appearance you had now, you realized it was almost like a hint.

Could he have meant that Luhan had to fall for you, Jung Hayeon, rather than the ‘you’ he created, Yu Najung?

Your eyes widened as you reached an epiphany. There was only one way to win this game. You needed to get Luhan to completely believe you were Hayeon even if you continued to deny it.

You needed him to confirm the fact himself even if everyone else was against him. That was why Hamin had asked if you trusted Luhan. To win this game, the two of you had to work together without actually working together.

You needed to drop more hints. The more obvious they were, the quicker the boys would realize something was up.

Finally, a true smile spread across your lips, “I can do this. I will win.”

Then, you turned to leave the restroom. With this newly discovered epiphany, you felt a lot more confidence in you. You didn't feel so lost or so blind as to what you should and shouldn't be doing.

Now, you had a plan.

As you made your way out into the hallway, you found yourself faced with many familiar faces. You scanned over the faces of EXO, wondering why they weren't in class. You just didn't believe that your teacher would let them all out at the same time. She didn't seem like that kind of a person.

However, once you did a quick head count, you realized that they were missing someone the maknae, Tao.

At first, you wondered why he was absent, but the answer quickly revealed itself to you. Tao must've been using his ability to control and freeze the time around you. However, when he used his ability, he had a tendency to glow a bright color.

You weren't supposed to have known about their abilities, so they were careful not to allow you to see them as they performed their special tricks.

"Najung," Suho stepped forward, "Luhan has informed us of something peculiar. Care to explain why you wrote a song about a wolf addressed to him?"

. You had forgotten about the problem at hand. You opened your mouth to tell him that it was all said in a metaphorical sense, but you paused. You were supposed to drop hints, right?

Once again, you wanted to blurt that you knew about their identities and their abilities. However, you knew that if you had something like that, they would demand to know how you knew about them. They had been locked away in a private institution or building of some sort.

There was no way you could've found out about them – no way for you to explain how you knew something like that without saying you were their Jung Hayeon.

"Well?" Luhan asked, a bit impatient.

He wanted to know why he always felt you were being weird. There was just too many things you knew that you should not have known in their minds.

Adjusting your glasses, you gave them a sheepish smile, "It was all a figure of speech?"

In the spur of the moment, it was the only lie you could come up with. It did not seemed to convince any of the EXO boys at all.

You rubbed your temples.

This was going to be way harder than you thought.