43 Tricks

Sacrifice

It seemed that practice was really able to strengthen everyone's abilities – especially Kai's. He no longer was able to only teleport himself but also an entire group of people. That was extremely helpful in the plan of infiltrating the building in which the experimenters were located.

At first, they thought about just teleporting into the building, but after careful consideration, they knew that that would be the stupidest thing they could do.

If they were going to end up fighting all of these people in the end, it would be easier if the fight was a bit more... split, for the lack of a better word.

If they fought a little each time, the final battle would  be easier and they needed that advantage.

One by one, the boys morphed into their wolf form since it was easier to move that way. They were faster and more physically intimidating.

Suho headed out first as the main leader of the whole EXO group.

There were guards surrounding the area and Luhan had did a quick head count. There were roughly about ten men present. Twelve against ten, they were outnumbered. Once the first guard and realized the approaching wolf, he pulled out a shotgun, aiming it at the wolf.

BANG!

The first sound of the fight was fired. The rest of the boys' eyes widened as each of them crowded around to see what had happened.

The guard still continue to hold the gun in his shaky hands as his eyes widened. Suho had growled at the man, a wall of rushing water had prevented the bullet from penetrating.

At that moment, Suho allowed the water to fall around him making a loud crashing wave-like noise before pouncing at the guard, biting down on the throat of the man, causing massive bleeding. A red puddle began to form around the two and Suho looked up, his eyes glowing yellow.

A loud howl rung throughout the woods as the rest of the EXO wolves came racing out. Each of the guards held out their own guns and began firing repeatedly as if it would do anything to harm the wolves.

With Kai's teleportation power, ever single bullet missed him. Tao's time control allowed him to slow down each bullet that came near him – making it much easier to dodge. Kris could fly up, allowing him to swoop down and attack a guard before he even got the chance to shoot.

Each boy had their own strengths and the men were defeated quickly. Luhan grinned as he glanced at the last guard who was trembling from head to toe. Immediately, the wolf's eyes focused on the gun and it began to move – turning and pointing toward the guard.

Another bang was heard, followed by a thud.

The red color flowed endlessly on the snow as the life was drained from each of those guards. That was when a loud alarm began to ring. One of the guards must've alerted the leaders that there had been an inflitration.

They all knew that they had to act fast or else you would be in danger – if you were alive.

The loud noises of the wolf paws hitting the floor echoed throughout the building. As the group raced in, following your scent, they realized that something was wrong. There was not a single person to be found. No guards, no leaders, no you.

None of the boys knew what was happening. However, they didn't want to stop yet. Since they were already here, they were going to check everywhere before determining if your presence was here or not.

The wolves split up into two teams – one lead by Suho, the other by Kris. They turned the place completely upside down. The once white walls were now stained and teared by their careless of breaking glasses here and there. A couple of chemicals were spilt, but no one cared.

They gathered back at the center of the building when they finished searching – both finding absolutely nothing.

Luhan morphed back into a human as he went to a wall, punching it with all the strength he had, "I know she's here! Where is she?"

"Maybe this is all a trick," Sehun began to say as he changed too, "I mean, I can tell that Hayeon's been here, but her scent is all over the place, so it's impossible to track."

One by one, the EXO boys began to change to people. They all gave each other disappointed but worried looks as they never expected to be unable to find you. They didn't expect that there would be no one at the building either.

"...There's too many unexpected happenings," Kris began to say, "What if... What if Sehun's right? What if this is all a trick?"

"What are you talking about?" Lay asked, "Explain."

"Think about it. People tend to think of 'tricks' as being fooled, right?" Kris began to explain, "Usually, the trick would be for us to completely get the situation wrong They'd pretend that Hayeon is here when she's really somewhere else. However, what if that's not the case? What if the trick was to pretend that Hayeon wasn't here when she is indeed here?"

Chen paused for a second, "That would make sense, wouldn't it? There's no way that her scent is here by accident. They must've kept the scent here for a reason and hoped we'd think it was all a trick and leave. If we fell for the trick, we'd think we were too late and back to square one."

Luhan listened to his friends talk as his eyes began to glaze over the scene in front of him. The words of his friends made sense to him and it did seem quite likely.

These experimenters did think differently from the average person. All he needed to find now was some proof to confirm Kris's hypothesis. Just one small clue. One small confirmation.

Suddenly, Luhan's eyes glazed over a small crack in a window. A breeze of wind came into the room, making the curtains flutter.

That small instant, Luhan noticed something outside.

It was something like a shed or storage facility.

Bingo.

That must be where you were.