03 Unrecoverable

Sacrifice

Far away, in the completely opposite direction of your house, a pack of eleven wolves were panicking. They had lost their last member in an ambush that had happened earlier.

During the long chase, everyone had run their separate ways and they were supposed to meet up at their usual place – a deep cave that was hidden from most people.

The cave was their secondary home that served as a back-up in case there were people coming after them.

There were only two reasons anyone would ever come after them: (1) There were people hunting wolves in the area for their fur coat or (2) those people hadn’t given up on searching.

“Where the hell is he?” Kris mumbled to himself, worried and angry at the same time, “He better not have… No. He couldn’t have died. He’s too strong for that.”

This has never happened before – every time they ran, everyone would arrive at this cave safe and sound. However, it seemed like their opponents and pursuers had gotten stronger.

Baekhyun helped Chanyeol sit up, but the boy wolf was hurt extremely seriously. A severe gash ran down his upper chest down to his waist.

Their pursuers had carried weapons and judging by the wound that had appeared – it was just too serious.

Instead of healing, it seemed like the wound was actually spreading. It had caused the skin around it to darken into a sickly black color and Chanyeol had been suffering from fevers ever since then.

Baekhyun continued to blame himself for Chanyeol's suffering since he had only gotten the gash because Chanyeol had tried to protect him from their pursuers.

He wasn’t the only one hurt however – Xiumin was too.

Unlike the other, he didn’t have a severe gash on his body. He had been pierced by a silver bullet while trying to stop the pursuers by messing around with the snow and frost, trying to cause them to slip or fall into a frozen lake.

His leader, Kris, had pulled the bullet out of his body, but it didn’t seem like he was hurt as bad as Chanyeol, but he had suddenly began to have light hallucinations since then.

He would see things that weren’t actually there.

“What is wrong with him?” Baekhyun touched Chanyeol’s forehead – his eyes unable to focus due to the tears that were accumulating.

The two of them had an odd relationship that was somewhere between friends and lovers. It’s not like it mattered to the rest of the pack – they had always been supportive of each other no matter what their decisions were.

Suho headed over and patted Baekhyun in the back, “I don’t know, but I’m sure he’ll get better soon.”

It was the biggest lie he has ever told. He knew that there must’ve been something more to it than just a simple wound. Their healer, Lay, had been unable to do anything about the wound, so they could only turn to one of the maknaes – Tao.

With his unique ability, he was able to cast a spell over both wounds on Chanyeol and Xiumin that slowed down the deterioration of their health, but even so, the two continued to get worse at a slow speed and they still suffered serious health symptoms.

The rest of the pack watched, heartbroken, but unable to do anything about it.

The two leaders, Kris and Suho, got together, unsure what they should do next. If they couldn’t heal wounds like this then no one would be able to.

They weren’t ordinary boys.

They could transform into wolves and each of them had a unique ability. Whether it was flight, telekinesis, frost, earth, lightening, fire, teleportation, water, air, light, time control, or healing, they were all special.

With abilities like theirs and abnormal strength, they were still unable to force the wounds to heal. Their hopes had completely dropped and they knew that if there really was nothing they could do, they’d be losing Chanyeol and Xiumin.

Chen tended Xiumin’s wounds, but occasionally, Xiumin would freak about because he saw something that no one else could see.

Chanyeol would slip in and out of fevers as his skin slowly darkened around the wound that wouldn’t heal. Baekhyun was afraid he was bleeding internally and that was why the skin had become black.

No matter what had happened, something about their opponents and pursuers seemed different.

In the past, they only wanted to catch them and lock them away because they had special abilities, but lately, it was as if they were trying to eliminate them.

It didn’t really matter what they wanted.

The EXO pack knew that they must’ve created something that could kill them and their lives were in danger.

But for now, they had to find Luhan before the others do.

They couldn’t afford to lose a third member.