46 Eleven

Sacrifice

The fight commenced and it wasn’t pleasant to the eye. The boys knew how to fight, so they could take care of themselves. You, on the other hand, couldn’t. You had scrambled into the side as you watched the fight proceed.

EXO had come up with a plan that seemed to be somewhat working for them. The evil man had been right. He wasn’t bluffing. He did have every ability that EXO had in one body – in him.

It was both a strength and a weakness. It was a strength because it allowed him to defend himself with whatever attack that came his way, but a weakness because it kept him from combining the elemental attacks.

Even though it was hard to notice to their opponents, you could see Tao and Lay working together – making sure that none of their members were hurt. Occasionally, Tao would use his ability to mess around with the speeds of the ongoing attacks.

One of the men ran at Tao as his eyes narrowed into dangerous slits. He began to emit that bright light with the appearance of a transparent glowing clock. The man’s speed began to slow down and it gave Tao the advantage. With a smirk, Tao slammed his fist into the man’s gut.

Lay glanced back with a grin, “Good job, but you missed one.”

He shoved Tao aside as another man came jumping towards them with the intention to tackle them down. Lay morphed into a wolf in that instant and the man was met with sharp fangs.

Kai and Kris went off in battle together. Instead of their usual dodging tactics, they were enhanced in agility. As a result, they were able to mess around with the men’s minds. They would randomly appear and disappear just as quickly. In the moment that left the men confused, they would attack with mercy. As a team, they worked extremely well.

Your eyes glazed over the boys when suddenly, you felt someone grab you from behind. You freaked. An enemy had grabbed you and shoved you against the wall. A groan escaped from your lips as your back collided with the wall.

Slowly falling to the ground, you saw the man approach you with a sharp blade in his hands. He was about to strike when suddenly, the knife fell from his hands. Luhan rushed over to you as the man clutched at his neck.

“…He’s not breathing?” you mumbled a bit.

You recalled the same situation that had occurred when Kai had first appeared in your bedroom. So this was Luhan’s doing? Luhan helped you up to your feet as he hugged you.

“Are you alright?”

Nodding, you confirmed your well-being. Your eyes met with Luhan’s and you could see the worry in his eyes. Shaking your head, you pushed him away from you, telling him to go and fight with his friends. You couldn’t be a burden to him now.

As the seconds ticked by, the fight seemed to become endless. As Chanyeol began to throw fireballs against the man that had started all of this, he had put up a wall of water. However, the boys had worked together too long for this. Xiumin stepped up and he began to freeze Chanyeol’s fire.

The balls of ice penetrated the wall of water with ease. As the man was struck for the first time, you could sense the danger growing. His men were easy to fight off, but he himself was an entirely different story.

A stream of blood escaped from the corner of his lips as he stumbled, standing up. His eyes narrowed at you and Luhan who had been standing side by side at the time.

“You will all regret this,” the man mumbled, “I should’ve done this at the beginning. It seems you have all gotten stronger.”

Before you could ask what the man meant by ‘regretting this’ and ‘should’ve done this at the beginning’, you saw Luhan’s eyes widened as he stepped directly in front of you. His hands flew to his neck as he struggled for air. That was when you realized what the man was doing.

“STOP IT!” you screamed, “DON’T DO THIS! YOU WANTED ME RIGHT? TAKE ME!”

Tears were forming around your eyes as you saw the boy who you had taken care of for so long get strangled. You glanced at the man – your eyes were pleading.

However, the man was as mercilessly as you had heard him to be. He didn’t loosen his telepathic abilities. He had only strengthened the tightness of the strangling. Luhan’s face began to lose color and you knew that there wasn’t much time.

However, you were frantic. You didn’t know what to do at all. You were so scared at the scene that was happening before you. Your hands began to tremble as your eyes met with the unfocused look in Luhan’s expression.

“ YOU,” Kris’s voice echoed throughout the room.

The rest of the EXO boys eyes glowed that scary yellow once again and they all charged forward. The man’s distraction caused him to let go of Luhan and face the upcoming battle.

Luhan’s weak body fell to the ground, unconscious. Your eyes gazed at him as tears began to run down your cheeks.

"Oh my god, please," you cried, "Luhan, don't leave me. Somebody help!"

Your hands took Luhan's into your own as you saw the preoccupied boys fighting the man with every last bit of energy they had. Your shaking hands reached to feel for Luhan's pulse, but you weren't sure if there was one.

That made your blood run cold and soft whimper come from your lips. Was he really dead from protecting you?

The wave of guilt rushed over your system and you did what had to be done.

Wrapping your arms around his limp body, you brought him up to face you. When did you learn to become so brave in face of death?

Then, you did the unforgivable. Ever so gently, you kissed him.

As your lips touched, the brightest glow was emitted from your body as you realized how much you wanted to save him. Using every last bit of strength, you were going to save it no matter what.

He was number eleven.