06 Transformations

Sacrifice

The next morning, you decided to try something special. If Luhan knew what the words she said meant, then maybe he could actually be helpful.

Seeing that Luhan no longer scared you, you decided that he would help you around the house.

You didn’t feel the need to change since you knew you wouldn’t be leaving the house that day. You had slipped on an oversized t-shirt with shorts when you had went to sleep the previous night and you felt like the attire was appropriate when you began to do your chores.

“Luhan!” you called and a couple seconds later, you saw him come running.

Though he seemed to hesitate to come near you, you didn’t seem to notice.

You were too excited to test his abilities.

You handed him a basket that contained your laundry that you needed to hang in order to dry with a long handle and you set in on the ground.

You asked Luhan to pick it up. Slowly, the wolf bit the handle and he picked the basket up. Surprised that he actually did what you instructed, you gestured him to follow you up the stairs.

It was far too cold outside for you to hang your clothes, so you had done it within the house on the top floor. The wolf followed you as you made your way up there. He set the basket down while you begun to hung your clothes.

He watched you as you did so. Quickly, you had finished and you bet down to his head, smiling, “You did a good job Luhan.”

He seemed to like it when you petted him and praised him for doing what you had asked him to do. Without thinking, you wrapped your arms around the wolf’s neck. His fur was extremely soft to your touch and you liked how it felt. It tickled your skin and it made you laugh ever-so-gently.

As you continue to run your fingers across Luhan’s fur, you suddenly heard something hit the window. The thudding sound caused you to stand up abruptly, leaving Luhan curious as to what made you stop petting him.

Your eyes trailed over to where the noise came from and you walked on over with Luhan who followed closely behind you, his paws tapping on the wooden floor.

That was when you saw it.

It was a bird with a broken wing. The wing seemed to be hurt badly since it was all bent up and crooked. You slowly opened the window and you picked the injured bird up, gently caressing it.

You wanted with all your heart to save this bird because you knew if you left it alone, it would be the same as sentencing it to death.

Looking down at Luhan, you then turned your focus to the number on your wrist which now read six. It hadn’t even been that long since you just saved number seven. You knew that if you saved this bird now, the consequences would be heavier.

Your health would have to pay the price of another life saved.

Luhan glanced up at you curiously and he was able to realize that your smile had vanished – replaced by a worried and uncertain one.

Sighing, you placed a hand over your heart and you hoped that it would hold on for a bit more. Then, you cupped the bird with one hand and covered it with another.

A warm glow shimmered in the palms of your hand and when you removed your hand from the bird, its wing had healed completely and it hopped off – flying away.

A stinging pain came from your wrist as the number changed from six to five.

Luhan noticed your odd behavior and what he thought was a strange light emitting from your hands, but he thought that the sun had been playing tricks on him.

You closed the window and you began to trudge down the stairs. The wolf followed behind you, but as he did, he noticed something strange – you.

Your steps were gradually slowing down and soon, you were going at a speed comparable to that of a turtle’s. He was unsure what was happening, but he could sense that something was about to go wrong.

The next step you took was one that wasn’t careful at all. As a result, it caused you to slip – sending you down the stairs.

“YAH!” a loud voice echoed throughout the house.

It took all the energy in your body to focus on the being that seemed unfamiliar to you – was it a boy?

What happened to Luhan?

A loud banging noise was heard as you felt yourself hit the ground – or was it?

Beneath you, a groan emitted from another being. Before you could turn to face the person, your eyes had rolled into the back of your head.

You had passed out.