07 That Boy

Sacrifice

Slowly, you opened your eyes and they had trouble adjusting to the lighting. You realized that you weren’t on the floor anymore – you were in your room, in your bed. Though you were unsure what had happened, you figured that you’ll think later.

You could feel your head ache from the impact earlier. Trying to recall what had happened, you could’ve sworn that you saw someone else in your house.

Where was Luhan? Worried, you scrambled to sit up and that was when you realized that you weren’t the only being on your bed. Someone’s arm was draped over your waist.

Eyes widening, you slowly turned your head to face whoever it was. At first, you just saw a strong sturdy chest, but as your eyes trailed upwards, you saw that it was an unfamiliar boy. What the hell was going on?

Immediately, you covered your mouth to keep yourself from screaming – a muffled squeal was heard and it caused the boy to stir. As his eyes fluttered open, you recognized those beautiful blue eyes, but after a few seconds, they seemed to fade into a dark brown.

Were your eyes playing tricks on you again?

You scrambled backwards, almost falling off the bed, but he reached out and pulled you up, your body colliding with his. Your face got dangerously close to his and you couldn’t help but shove him away as your body temperature went up.

That caused him to eye at you. He didn’t look too pleased. Within a second, he had leapt at you, pinning you down with both hands at either side of your head.

“You,” his voice was scarily quiet and low, “don’t you ever push me again.”

Raising your eyebrow, you didn’t back away from his gaze, “Who the hell are you? You don’t belong here –“

“Did you forget already?” He interrupted your statement, “You brought me here.”

That was the confirmation you needed, “…Luhan.”

The name escaped your lips quietly and at first, you found it hard to believe.

All you could do was just gaze at him as he gazed back at you – the two of you, quiet. You couldn’t take your eyes off of him – his appearance was just too perfect.

It was then that you realized you were become a bit dreamy, so you pushed the boy off of you a second time as quickly as you could. It irked him, but you didn’t care. This was just a bit too unbelievable.

“Get out,” you mumbled, “…Get out.”

“What?” his voice was filled with disbelief, “I just saved your life twice and you are kicking me out?”

Twice? He didn’t save your twice. That’s not how you remembered it.

You spun around, “Do you not understand me? I said get out – as in, leave. What are you talking about? You only helped me once.”

“I helped you when you passed out in the snow,” he declared, “and I helped you earlier.”

Pausing for a moment, you recalled how you had woken up and found a jacket over you since the weather got colder. So that was his doing?

You heart soften a little bit, but the cold front was put up immediately.

You didn’t need the hassle of taking care another person – you had moved out here to get away from people after all.

“Well then thank you,” you managed to say, “…but I took in a wolf, not a boy.”

He shook his head, “No. You took in me.”

You wanted to retort his statement, but you realized you couldn’t. It was true – the one you took in was him and kicking him out now would be quite the pessimistic thing to do.

Besides, you weren’t the one saving him. He was actually the one helping and saving you. Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to keep him around? You had been feeling a bit lonely all by yourself these days and maybe he would change that.

However, another part of you screamed that this was an unknown boy who you didn’t know. He was a boy with the ability to morph into a wolf. Who knew what dangers came along with him and awaited you?

“I – “ you tried to find the right words, “I don’t even know you! Why would you stay here?”

“I don’t have anywhere else to go at the moment,” he mumbled, a bit too casually, “I got separated from my… friends. You’re wrong, you know? You know me – I’m Luhan the wolf-boy. It’s me who doesn’t know you. I don't even know your name."

"...Hayeon," you replied softly, "My name is Haeyon."

Luhan leaned closer, watching your expressions closely, "Well Hayeon, tell me something. You did something with that bird earlier, didn’t you? You've got your own set of abilities, yes? That's why you grew weak.”

That made you freeze.

Did he know what happened back there?