18 Dinner

Sacrifice

A/N: Haha yeah Luhan seems a bit... odd/crazy/eccentric in this fanfic, but but.. there is a reason! :O So, don't hate on him okaaay~ Besides, I kind of like giving my characters a strong personality :3


“Dinner’s ready!” your mom poked her head into the room, all excited, “I’m not disturbing you two or anything, am I?”

“Of course not!” Luhan smiled as he slipped his hand around your shoulder, “Right Hayeon?”

Putting up that fake smile of yours and returning to the act that you had been playing with Luhan, you nodded, “Yeah, you didn’t disturb us at all. Let’s eat?”

Your mother smiled in relief and led the two of you out the room, “I hope you like my cooking, Luhan. I tried really hard to make these dishes.”

As your eyes fell upon the dishes your mom had made, an extremely horrific thought came into your mind. You had completely forgotten your mom’s inability to cook. When you were a child, you always had to find other thing to eat when your mom cooked.

If you were lucky, your father would make you dinner and you wouldn’t have to starve. Though the food appeared to be delicious, the tastes were always off. Sweet dishes would become salty and bitter and salty dishes would be so sweet, it often made you sick.

“M-Mom,” you tried to come up with an excuse to make her leave for a second, so you could warn Luhan, “I’m thirsty! Could you get me something to drink?”

However, your mom just gestured to the middle of the table, “I made soup.”

.

You watched Luhan and your mom as they both picked up their chopsticks, ready to dig in. Your mom was the first to eat. She ate happily as if the dish was the best thing in the world and as if it was extremely delicious.

Sometimes, you wondered if her taste-buds had died.

Then, you saw Luhan begin to eat too. It didn’t look like he minded at all. Confused, you began to wonder if your mother’s cooking skills had improved since the last time she cooked for you.

Quickly, you began to eat as well.

However, as your lips came in contact with the food, you almost threw up. Your mom’s cooking had not gotten better. If anything, it got worse.

You couldn’t tell what you were eating. It was way too sweet and it just made you want to spit it out. However your mom gave you a weird look.

“What is it Hayeon?” she asked.

Luhan glanced at you too, “Is something the matter?”

You shook your head, “N-No… everything’s fine.”

Stunned, you watched as the two of them returning to the food in front of them. You watched as Luhan complimented your mom on the dishes she had made and how she thanked him. Were the two of them crazy? This food was clearly inedible.

“Hayeon, sweetheart,” your mom tilted her head, “Why aren’t you eating? Is the food not suitable to your tastes?”

Immediately, you shook your head, “Of course not! Your cooking has always been the best!”

Since you didn’t want to hurt your mom’s feelings, you always bored with the strange-tasting food and told her it tasted great. If you threw all the food up later, you could always eat something else – it wasn’t hard to find food anyways.

Slowly, you resumed eating. You learned that if you held your breath, the dishes didn’t taste half as bad.

“I’ll be spending the night here,” your mom suddenly began to say, “It’s inconvenient for me to go all the way home when it’s all dark – you understand, right?”

You opened your mouth to allow her to do so, but then you remembered something important. You only had two bedrooms – one for you and another for the guest. At this rate, you knew your mom was going to force you and Luhan to share a room.

That was just impossible.

He was a wolf and you were this innocent little girl! He would devour you – literally and metaphorically – and you weren’t about to let that happen.

“But mom,” you tried to explain, “Where will Luhan sleep? He’s been using the guest room these days! If you stay over, then… what about Luhan?”

Your mom’s eyes widened, “Oh? He’s been living with you too?”

Oh yeah. You haven’t told her about that.

“It’s alright,” Luhan gave her another one of his most angelic smiles, “I’ll just share with Hayeon. I’m sure she doesn’t mind – after all, we are boyfriend, girlfriend.

You seriously wanted to bang your head against a wall.

This boy was driving you crazy.

Seriously.